Your Email Address:

First Name:

Murat Aydin

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

halitosisux wrote:I'm really curious to know whether this nano particle mixture, if made into some kind of object that can be fixed into the mouth, i.e. small adhesive labels that can be stuck onto the inside of the teeth, or worn as a brace, how effective that could become at controlling microbial activity inside the mouth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_Nano
awesome idea!! maybe like an artificial enamel that is applied directly onto your teeth with a constantly providing antibacterial function....just has to be renewed after some months or so. I would love that :D

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Like in so many other areas of life, innovation gets stifled by big companies and organizations who want to protect their easy profits.

We can send entire laboratories to study Mars and man has walked on the Moon and returned. We can see individual atoms and molecular structures and can even blow atoms apart and see what's inside them. We can see viruses and you can even have your complete human genome sequenced in one day for $1000.

But all we have for bad breath is mouthwash that doesn't even work.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

halitosisux wrote:Like in so many other areas of life, innovation gets stifled by big companies and organizations who want to protect their easy profits.

We can send entire laboratories to study Mars and man has walked on the Moon and returned. We can see individual atoms and molecular structures and can even blow atoms apart and see what's inside them. We can see viruses and you can even have your complete human genome sequenced in one day for $1000.

But all we have for bad breath is mouthwash that doesn't even work.
This is a pretty powerful and troubling statement.
sputnik
Junior

silver nano particles

Post by sputnik »

It is an excellente idea, but from what little research I have done on the matter, the effectiveness of silver particles is directly related to its size.

Any silver particle above 1nm (1 nano-meter or 1/10 000th millimeter) is thought to be uneffective. You can find more detailed info in this small study:

http://www.silver-colloids.com/Book/Sil ... oids-s.pdf
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, sorry for sounding so negative. But it's true. Bad breath, whatever complex and varied causes might be behind it, is a just a smell.

But, how can a continous, ongoing problem like this ever expect to be effectively dealt with by something we spend five minutes doing as part of our oral hygiene routine once or twice a day.

Antibiotics like metronidazole give a lease of life, not because they cure anything or because they have magical properties, but because the whole approach is different. Antibiotics like metronidazole get secreted in saliva, and so even a tiny concentration that gets secreted in the mouth manages to work continuously throughout the day. But of course, we can't take metronidazole continuously because as a chemical, it's harmful to the body and leads to eventual antibacterial resistance and ineffectiveness.

But this isn't my point. My point is that people who can't see properly wear GLASSES. It's a continuous but ingeniously simple way to correct the defective vision. Just imagine if people who can't see had to put "corrective drops" in their eyes that last for 10 minutes. They'd demand better! But because the very nature of bad breath is so excruciatingly embarrassing and shameful, people just stay quiet, and so we have KATZ junk and LISTERINE disinfectant still claiming it works on bad breath! They get away with it because people who don't even have bad breath think the feeling of something that burns or temporarily refreshes the mouth is somehow going to ensure their breath will be fresh all day. So they and other big companies are happy with this and it goes on and on. And they do everything they can to keep things that way!

We need more ingenuity and lateral ways to look at this. I read about that Samsung "silver-nano" invention for washing clothes. Effective against 99.999% of bacteria and fungi. All that from 0.05 grams of silver per machine per year. So a gram of silver (roughly the size of a pea) would work in a washing machine to disinfect 99.999% of microbes for 20 years?

Something like this could even cure TMAU. Modern diets may cause us all to have far more gut bacteria than we require, and so if we had ways to just permanently dampen that down, it could really help and perhaps even cure in the way occasional antibiotic courses are known to do with for TMAU.

I know I'm talking shit, but how in the name of JESUS are we so badly still in the dark ages with this problem while there are so many advances in science and technology and medicine in other fields.
sputnik
Junior

Post by sputnik »

Thank you Hal, noone could have put it any better!
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Good day Mr. Aydin, I hope you could answer to some of my question.

Year ago i had my tonsilectomy, my tonsils were in horrible condition even my ENT told me as soon as opened my mouth that they are completely horrible and they have to go out. So after i did it my tounge became more and more white, before it was white in the back and now after surgery it's completely white. Can you explain me why, is there any clue for my bb?
Second, I know a lot of you here disapprove this here, but few times when I consumed marihuana every trace of bb disappeare and i still wonder why, my mouth are completely dry and yet i dont have it (and yes i am 100% sure about this) is there explanation for that too?

Looking forward for your answer and thank you.
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

Sickandtired wrote: Second, I know a lot of you here disapprove this here, but few times when I consumed marihuana every trace of bb disappeare and i still wonder why, my mouth are completely dry and yet i dont have it (and yes i am 100% sure about this) is there explanation for that too?.
Could this mainly be because you don´t smoke usually?
Smoke kills bacteria. Especially when your oral flora isn´t used to it. I stoped smoking long time ago but maybe 2 or 3 times a year I smoke a cigarette and it strongly improves my breath. Unfoutunately only for some hours....and when I keep smoking for more than 1 day breath worsens again.
Frantix

Post by Frantix »

Dear Mr. Aydin,

I have a question concerning my gums. A dentist recently checked them and came to following results:
On a rating from 0-4 (0=best; 4=worst), nearly all of my gums got the rating "2" (only 1x1 and 1x3).
the dentist didn´t see any neccesity to treat them at the moment. He said, this rating wouldn´t be very unusual and we just need to observe them.

Now I did some researches and found out that status "2" stands for Gingivitis. I also found articles that say that Gingivitis could cause bad breath. A recent professional tooth cleaning didn´t help me much.

Would you advice me to get a deep cleaning (parodontitis cleaning) now? Could this moderate state of Gingivitis be the cause of my bad breath?

I would love to hear your opinion. Thank you so much in advance!
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Frantix wrote:Dear Mr. Aydin, I have a question concerning my gums. A dentist recently checked them and came to following results:....
I can not know whats going on your gingiva without see radiographs and your mouth, however, more than 90% of people have gingivit in different (low or high) level. Halitosis will enhance when gingivit becomes out of control.

Usually, a deep cleaning (surgical cleaning, subgingival curetage, flap operation etc) may not be necessary if there is not bone defect. Over 2mm of pocket depts are good signal for Bone defect if any.

-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Dr. Aydinmur, could you please tell us whether you have any understanding of why some people begin to develop gingivitis even though their oral hygiene has always been very good?

I have a female relative who is having problems with bleeding gums. Her gums don't look red and I don't see any halo around any of her teeth. She says she's always had occasional bleeding when she brushes her teeth, but that in the past 3 or 4 years, it's become progressively worse. She is in her mid 40s. She has no known health issues and has been fully checked out by her doctor. She has never had bad breath, but she has developed bad breath since her situation has worsened. The odour smells strongly of mothballs. I can detect the smell even just after she's eaten. The smell is quite potent and can linger even when she moves out of the way.

Her dentist said that some of her pocket depths were deeper than normal and advised a deep cleaning, but it hasn't helped at all.

She has used all kinds of mouthwashes but they haven't helped either.

Her dentist said that sometimes these things are genetic and that there's not much he can do for her.

But I'm just wondering whether you know of any medical condition which can allow this to happen.

Thanks in advance for any reply.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Oral hygen is not enough good if gum bleeding exists. This may or may not cause halitosis.

In order to understand whether or not origin of odor is in the mouth, I give sulfur containing amino acid rinse to that patient for 1 minute. I measure oral gas before and after amino acid rinse. Than, I give ZnCl2 rinse for 1 minute. I measure oral gases again .
These help my estimating the origin of halitosis whether it locates in mouth or not.
-M
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thank you for the reply.
Perhaps her cleaning methods have always been inadequate and that in recent years it has allowed some gingivitis to develop and allowed bacteria to get in.

She has a serious phobia of dentists and avoided going to a dentist for many years in her adult life. It's only fairly recently that she was forced to see a dentist because of a painful decayed tooth that required a root-canal filling. When I first started to become aware of her halitosis, I thought it must be the root-canal. It's quite possible that this is actually the case.

I can only guess then, that her problems are deeper than she realizes, due to some degree of gingivitis which she wasn't even aware of, and that it has now progressed beyond what her and her dentist can do. She has been advised her to see a periodontist, but she doesn't believe it will help her.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Source wrote:Dr. Aydinmur,

Can you please explain to me what it is indicative of when the water from which I drink starts to change its smell and taste a few minutes after I have drank from the cup?

I've noticed (and confirmed by others) that the taste and smell of the water change after I have taken a sip of it (2-3 minutes after).
Source,do you mean after letting the water sit open for a few minutes , you and others notice a different favor/odor ? This could be from the chlorine turning int gas and leaving the water . Also maybe our taste and smell adapt pretty quickly
deebo

Post by deebo »

halitosisux wrote:Mike, sorry for sounding so negative. But it's true. Bad breath, whatever complex and varied causes might be behind it, is a just a smell.

But, how can a continous, ongoing problem like this ever expect to be effectively dealt with by something we spend five minutes doing as part of our oral hygiene routine once or twice a day.

Antibiotics like metronidazole give a lease of life, not because they cure anything or because they have magical properties, but because the whole approach is different. Antibiotics like metronidazole get secreted in saliva, and so even a tiny concentration that gets secreted in the mouth manages to work continuously throughout the day. But of course, we can't take metronidazole continuously because as a chemical, it's harmful to the body and leads to eventual antibacterial resistance and ineffectiveness.

But this isn't my point. My point is that people who can't see properly wear GLASSES. It's a continuous but ingeniously simple way to correct the defective vision. Just imagine if people who can't see had to put "corrective drops" in their eyes that last for 10 minutes. They'd demand better! But because the very nature of bad breath is so excruciatingly embarrassing and shameful, people just stay quiet, and so we have KATZ junk and LISTERINE disinfectant still claiming it works on bad breath! They get away with it because people who don't even have bad breath think the feeling of something that burns or temporarily refreshes the mouth is somehow going to ensure their breath will be fresh all day. So they and other big companies are happy with this and it goes on and on. And they do everything they can to keep things that way!

We need more ingenuity and lateral ways to look at this. I read about that Samsung "silver-nano" invention for washing clothes. Effective against 99.999% of bacteria and fungi. All that from 0.05 grams of silver per machine per year. So a gram of silver (roughly the size of a pea) would work in a washing machine to disinfect 99.999% of microbes for 20 years?

Something like this could even cure TMAU. Modern diets may cause us all to have far more gut bacteria than we require, and so if we had ways to just permanently dampen that down, it could really help and perhaps even cure in the way occasional antibiotic courses are known to do with for TMAU.

I know I'm talking shit, but how in the name of JESUS are we so badly still in the dark ages with this problem while there are so many advances in science and technology and medicine in other fields.
Beautifully put Hali . That statement right there brightened my day ,Big time
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic