Your Email Address:

First Name:

Hairy tongue, excess histamine and vitanmin B3 (niacin)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
meowkity1
Super Angel

Hairy tongue, excess histamine and vitanmin B3 (niacin)

Post by meowkity1 »

Im doing really bad right now as far as reactions, and i spend a lot of trying researching and just looking for a little hope out of this hell. I was researching hairy tongue and found there was a study that found vitamin B3 (niacin) dured hairy tongue in dogs, even black hairy tongue. The I did research on histadelia (excess histamine) and found that people were being treated with niacin for that as well. Histadelia has a whole range of symptoms that I have incluidng OCD, aspergers and distraction toward tomatoes. Im thinking it is possible that histadelia is what is causing my hairy tongue. SOmeone on the PATM forum mentioned that her doctor told her she as realeasing histmamine, which is what made me do a thorough search on it. Im going to get some niacin to morrow and hope for the best.

Oh and histadelia can be cause by high protein diet, which I truly suffer from because it is the easiest and cheapest thing to eat, When you cant afford to eat the best I make a lot of things with hamburger. 2 weeks ago I made a giant chicken salad that I could go to everyday, but I starved and it did not help anytihing, but Im going to make another one tomorrow

billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

I tried vitamin B3 (niacin) 2 years ago ad had a bad reaction on it. Could not breath very well and hands turned red and itchy. I would like to try it, but I'm scared.
Stankie

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesmcavoy

Re: Hairy tongue, excess histamine and vitanmin B3 (niacin)

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Hey meokitty
first find if ur symptoms resemble to the actual disorder .
i dont think ur hairy tongue is caused by that disease .but the way u brushed and scraped it throughout these years caused it to grow in a hairy way .
sije
Total Newbie

Post by sije »

billie wrote:I tried vitamin B3 (niacin) 2 years ago ad had a bad reaction on it. Could not breath very well and hands turned red and itchy. I would like to try it, but I'm scared.
I've started researching on the field of orthomolecular medicine and stumbled across a book that focuses on the importance of B vitamins. In the chapter about B3 vitamins it said that B3 deficiency may display symptoms of very bad breath with a thick white coating on the tongue with teeth marks on the side, a red tip and a crack down the middle which is exactly like my tongue looks like.
I therefore started taking B3 Niacin in combination with a vitamin B complex (as B-vitamins always should be taken) and just like you I noticed a burning sensation which I then found out is called a niacin flush. (Not dangerous but very uncomfortable)
Recently I have switched to nicotinamide and things are definately improving at the moment. However I have to note that my regime is pretty complex at the moment so I can't say for sure if it is the nicotinamide that is causing the improvement and I will of course update you all on my findings.

Just wanted to let you know what might have caused you the discomfort.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

Would taking Vitamin B Complex supplements be the same as taking Vitamin B3 Niacin? Which one is more effective?

Thanks
sije
Total Newbie

Post by sije »

sadmum wrote:Would taking Vitamin B Complex supplements be the same as taking Vitamin B3 Niacin? Which one is more effective?

Thanks
B-vitamins (whatever you are primarily deficient in) should always be taking in combination with a vitamin B complex. And as mentioned if you want to try if vitamin B3 is beneficial for you I would suggest finding one that contains nicotinamide so you'll avoid the flushing that nicain often causes when taking in therapeutic doses.

My interest in the B-vitamins is caused by a test I had for metabolites which showed no sign of bacterial overgrowth or candida which is probably why neither of all the usual bad breath remedies that I have tried had any succes.
It did however show that I was pretty much deficient in all the B vitamins which is probably caused by an inefficient breakdown of proteins which means that on top of it I scored very low on the essential amino acid tryptophan a precursor for the very important neurohormone serotonin and niacin (B3).

Serotonin deficiency is a clear indication of depression which I have suffered from for as long as I can remember, so for me it's a bit like the chicken and the egg with my depression and bad breath. But it was nice to see that there was a chemical explanation for my symptoms.

Vitamin B complexes are not personalized for your needs, and as I have gathered so far you are rarely only deficient in one of the vitamins as their functions are overlapping. Therefore at the moment I take B6 vitamins and B3 vitamins in combination with a vitamin B complex. The one I take at the moment contain a relatively high amount of B12 vitamins (compared to the other B-vitamins) but as B vitamins are water soluble I should be safe even though it far exceeds the RDI (10.000 %).
billie
Sheriff

Post by billie »

Oh God! I just found my niacin tablets. Thank god I didn't throw them away. I'm scared to take them, but I'm gonna take them anyway.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic