Your Email Address:

First Name:

Not Oral

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
nightmare
Not Oral

Post by nightmare »

liza22

Post by liza22 »

Interesting article. Thanks for posting. Years ago I went up to Dr. Tonzetich's clinic at University of British Columbia. I'm glad people are still working on this problem to come up with something new.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Thanks for the great article nightmare!

Interesting things I picked up from the comments:

- Sameagle 12:15 PM 4/19/13: There is already a product on the market that targets only the bad bacterica in the mouth. It's called EvoraPlus and it works great for my breath.

- greenhome123 03:56 PM 5/6/13: I am surprised that this article didn't mention the probiotic Lactobacillus Reuteri, which is found in human breast milk. I recently read about studies with L. Reuteri that show it can significantly reduce bad breath as well as being very beneficial with digestion. *I WONDER IF THIS EXPLAINS WHY BABIES HAVE PERFECT BREATH?*

And from the article itself: "In a recent study by researchers in New Zealand and Australia, volunteers gargled with a chlorhexidine mouthwash to clear their palate of many native bacteria and subsequently sucked on lozenges laced with K12. Seven and 14 days later they had much sweeter breath. Presumably K12 outcompeted its foul-smelling kin, opening up niches for less offensive species."

I currently use corsodyl, I wonder if it would be beneficial to use the k12 simultaneously...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic