Your Email Address:

First Name:

Long long years until cured

Tell us your story with bad breath
kiki

Long long years until cured

Post by kiki »

Hi

This is the first time I share my story with any one other than my sister. I am 30 years old female. I had bb problem since I was a kid. The reason for that were my tonsils that stored food which appeared as white dots on them (disgusting!)

my tonsils had many holes. I lived my life until I was 20 avoiding close distance with anybody, covering my mouth when that is possible, and doing what ever I can to hide my problem from others. I was extremely hurt when someone tells me that my breath stinks. I used to brush for hours without any use. The bacteria that produced this horrible smelly gas were not in my mouth, it does not matter how clean are my teeth!

I had this feeling since I was very little that my tonsils are the problem. I used to complain to my mother about my tonsils and that I wanted to remove them, but unfortunately the doctor which my mother has always taken me to turned me down every time. She always look through my throat and say well honey your tonsils are not infected and there is nothing that requires removing them and the holes in them, just forget about them.

God, the holes are why I am socially isolated. But she seems never to understand. When I turned 20 and was in college, I stood against my parents and demanded to see a doctor who accepts to remove the tonsils only for the bb problem. I went to a doctor and said I know that this operation is not very important, but I told him that if he will not agree on it, I will suffer for the rest of my life and will never get married. Eventually he agreed, my parents did not agree, they were scared that something would happen to me but I fought a lot for it and did it. One week after the operation, I remember that the taste in my mouth has changed and that brushing only can give me a pleasant breath. Thanks God, my tonsils are gone forever.

However, this is not the end of the story. Several months after my operation, I noticed that I sometimes develop bad breath, but it was different from the one I had before. This was not persistent like the old one, it was on and off. I realized then that I have another problem that is in my nose. Since I am allergic to dust and my nose is so sensitive, I have a post nasal drip problem, my nose tend to always produce exess mucus, a high protein food source for bacteria that will grow in these conditions and produce (again!!!) smelly gases.

These gases are hunting me. The allergy in my nose has no cure, sprays and all kinds of medicine will not solve the problem as I was told by most of the doctors. When excess mucus is produced as a result of allergy, the nose becomes blocked and inflamed which makes me breath from my mouth making it dry. Another cause of bb added to the list.

I suffered from this problem since I was a kid, but only realized it when I eliminated the first cause, the tonsils. Last year I found semi-cure for this problem, and I am now happy with the results, my husband is happy too. Since he told me during our years of marriage that he can be near to me only when I am in the off bb mode. He also recognized the pattern of my bb. This was very offensive to me, but I swallowed it, since I thought I can’t blame him really, bad smell effects mood and love.

I prayed to God to cure me from this terrible bb problem that seems not to leave me. I noticed finally that I should not give the bacteria a chance. So I started sucking the excess mucus form the back of my throat (by sucking air-breathing in) 10 times daily on average. I am also rinsing my nose with water 10 times a day.

That is if my body is not able to flush this mucus out I will do it, whatever it takes. When you blow your nose and there is nothing there, don’t think that you have no mucus, most of the time, (in my case) the mucus is at the back of my nose. This method had reduced my (on and off bb) problem by 90%. Note though when I am tired one day of rinsing my nose like that I can develop bb. It is just that if you know what is the bacteria is feeding on, tonsils, mucus, gum, food between teeth….etc you need to remove its food source.

Now the problem of my nose happens only like once a week, the rest of the week I have a breath with no smell. Just air :)

hopeful
Master

Post by hopeful »

You can also try to get to the source of your allergies to help alleviate the post nasal drip. Please check out http://www.curezone.com for possible causes of your allergies. My allergies started the same time my bb got really bad(last two years). I believe this is from an overload of toxins in my body(living in a big, polluted city). Although it may not help, it wouldn't hurt to try one of the cleanses to build your immunity or to take a supplement(allergies are over reactions to something that shows a weakened immune system). Regardless of whether you try any of the cleanses, It sounds like you are already very lucky because you found some sort of relief from bb whereas many others on this board(including myself) haven't. Be grateful of your situation...I would be so happy to only have bb sometimes instead of 24/7.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hello hopeful

I had spent 10 years searching for an allergy cure. I tried all kind of supplements, it did not work, the pollution and dust is there and I will always have allergy. All the ENT doctors told me that I have to live with it. But it took me 10 years to realize that it’s just the excess mucus building in my nose as a result of allergy is what is causing bad breath. I always focused on the main issue like treating the allergy itself, but one time I was reading a website and it says that bb which is nose related is due to the excess mucus.

So then it hit me, I need to get rid of the food source of bacteria, the excess mucus continuously. Last year we had dusty days, and I remember that my bb got very very bad and 24/7 as you said. At that time I went from one doctor to another, I even considered doing surgery. I know what you feel now, I am lucky that I knew the mechanism of bb, but believe me I suffered since child hood and I still look for alternative solutions.

If you have allergy in your nose, try my method, I can give you every detail of it, but I learned that we should never to give up.
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

kiki, did you have the allergy shot treatment? (immunotherapy)
kiki wrote:If you have allergy in your nose, try my method, I can give you every detail of it, but I learned that we should never to give up.
yes please give us detals :)
kiki

Post by kiki »

Hello noptical

No I did not get the allergy shot treatment, this is because my allergy is due to dust, cigarette smoke, changes in temperature of the weather, like going from a hot place into an air conditioned room, perfumes, and all sort of pollutions, all trigger my allergy. Therefore shot treatment is no use.

The details of my method are as follows

I sniff water in my nose up to 10 times a day. I try to let the water go deep in, also I let water go through one nostril and out of the other. This technique is used in yoga. So it’s like once every one and a half hour to two hours.

The other thing is that I goggle with warm salty water the first thing in the morning, this helps release the mucus stuck at the back of my throat. I also try to suck excess mucus that accumulates through the back of my nose through my throat; I do this three times daily.

Also whenever I eat or drink something I rinse with water right after it. Also it is very mush easier to suck and spit the mucus from the back of your nose just after a meal. Go wash after eating something and try to let mucus out and you will find it much easier.

This is all in addition to flossing once a day and brushing twice daily including tongue. I try also to reduce caffeine intake since it makes my mouth dry.

Call my method water flushing if you like, but it really helped me and it’s natural.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

kiki wrote:Hello noptical

No I did not get the allergy shot treatment, this is because my allergy is due to dust, cigarette smoke, changes in temperature of the weather, like going from a hot place into an air conditioned room, perfumes, and all sort of pollutions, all trigger my allergy.
it's vasomotor rhinitis... we have the same symptons :) but i also have food allergy which makes my problem extra complex.
kiki

Post by kiki »

Yes it is. But several doctors prescribed allergy sprays and I used them for years, but only one told me that it is vasomotor rhinitis and that medicines make no use.

Could you plz explain to me what oil pulling exactly is. I understood that it is rinsing the mouth with oil first thing in the morning, is that what it is?
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

kiki, xoxo (nice nicks :lol: ) we have the same thing then... I'm full of allergies but my doc also told me that my nose reacts to changes of the temperature etc (=vasomotor rhinitis)
****ing medicine can't do shit for simple stuff like that ](*,)
kiki

Post by kiki »

Unfortunately such simple stuff makes life not simple at all. Under the age of 20 I used to panic when someone comes close to me, like I really don’t know what to do, if I spoke there faces tells it all, but sometimes I decided to move backwards, and the person used to ask me why are you moving back? When I am with a group of people, I chat and laugh and everything in a safe distance, but suppose I have to go with this group of people in a car where distance exceeds the safe limit, I used to just keep quit to the end of the trip! As soon as we get out of the car I start talking again, sad days….very sad.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

kiki wrote:Could you plz explain to me what oil pulling exactly is. I understood that it is rinsing the mouth with oil first thing in the morning, is that what it is?
yeah.. u will need organic sunflower oil. and organic sea salt (1/2 teaspoon to 1 cup water) to rinse away oil residue after spitting out the oil.

i do it in the morning on an empty stomach. 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil, swish/pull thru the teeth for 10-15mins, spit it out rinse with salt water to clean mouth.

on a bad day i get tons of post nasal drip running down the throat afterwards.

i still have BB... but oil pulling has help me breathe better.

good luck, i hope it helps someone.
http://www.mail-archive.com/biofuel@sus ... 67679.html

Oil Pulling & Oil Swishing Support Forum
http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=738
i lurk there... :D
noptical
God

Post by noptical »

Swishing for 10-15mins? :shock:
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

i´m getting pnd and bb relief from oil pulling too,
it helps more that any mouthwash that i tried before

xoxo,
i didn´t know that i have to clean with salt after, i only swish and gargle some water after and that´s it....

is this bad or something?
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

emotional rescue wrote:xoxo,
i didn´t know that i have to clean with salt after, i only swish and gargle some water after and that´s it....

is this bad or something?
hello...
i think salt water rinse away oil residue better than water itself. oil is toxic at the end of swishing... or so i was told. it's up to individual, really.

FYI: half teaspoon organic salt to 1 cup water.
xoxo
Advanced

Post by xoxo »

noptical wrote:Swishing for 10-15mins? :shock:
yes :D

try it!
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

xoxo,

what do you think about doing it with regular salt??
do you know if it´s better with template water or warm??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic