Your Email Address:

First Name:

Something to share

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

Best wishes NOTANYMORE

I hope this is it for you!

Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@Notanymore Congrats and thank you for all the very detailed information you provided, it is a gold mine of information that will likely help many people in the future. I've decided to focus my attention on lingual tonsils and seek professional help.

- Do you think it's possible that someone with chronic BB could have the same issues as you did but without ever coughing up/seeing tonsil stones? I have that lump feeling in my throat, thick mucus, strong BB but I've never coughed up/seen tonsil stones.

- I get stronger reactions when i'm speaking as opposed to when i'm just blowing air out of my mouth. Could that be a clue as to the origin of my BB?
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Archimonde wrote:@Notanymore Congrats and thank you for all the very detailed information you provided, it is a gold mine of information that will likely help many people in the future. I've decided to focus my attention on lingual tonsils and seek professional help.

- Do you think it's possible that someone with chronic BB could have the same issues as you did but without ever coughing up/seeing tonsil stones? I have that lump feeling in my throat, thick mucus, strong BB but I've never coughed up/seen tonsil stones.

- I get stronger reactions when i'm speaking as opposed to when i'm just blowing air out of my mouth. Could that be a clue as to the origin of my BB?
I get stronger reactions when speaking to, does it feel like it's coming from your throat? Does your breath feel HOT all day?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

FedUp wrote: I get stronger reactions when speaking to, does it feel like it's coming from your throat? Does your breath feel HOT all day?
My mouth feels dirty, disgusting. That's all i know for sure. I don't have nasal BB, and like i said, i get reactions mostly when i speak so throat seems logical but our problem defies logic so i keep an open mind.
jamesmcavoy

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Guys having problems similar to fedup ,
U all need surgery of the area but u need to first find it out where the stones gunk sits provided its not cryptic
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

@emotional...Thank you very much and hope all is well with you

@Archimonde.....tonsil stones are not always hard. In fact, it often looks like toothpaste when pushed out of the crypts. This is the worst kind of stone as it has no outer membrane to lock in the smell. A hard stone doesn't stink too much untill you squeeze it. Then it can stink up an area of several feet! Case in point; my wife gets stones a couple times a year and she says her mouth feels dirty when she feels one then coughs it up and her mouth feels clean again. Also, I have never once detected halitosis on her.

My stones were maybe 30% solid with the rest being a white goo that stunk terribly. Not to be the bearer of bad news but literaly the only way to solve the problem is removal...period.

Also, as noted before, lingual tonsils are removed mainly for sleep apnea. So when you see your ENT, tell them your snoring is waking you up as well. This will make them look further down your throat. It is called "base of tongue reduction". Check out this link
http://www.fauquierent.net/botcoblation.htm
It even mentions that it is sometimes done to treat halitosis that is resistant to other treatments!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Archimonde wrote:@Notanymore Congrats and thank you for all the very detailed information you provided, it is a gold mine of information that will likely help many people in the future. I've decided to focus my attention on lingual tonsils and seek professional help.

I've stickied this thread because it could turn out to be one of the most important breakthroughs we've seen so far on this forum.

How many times have we heard of people describing this lump in the throat feeling and nobody being able to explain to them WHY. Lingual tonsils could be the WHY. And lingal tonsils could be far worse for building up stench and also releasing that stench than crypted palatine tonsils, because of where they sit, right in the cesspit of bacterial carpet at the furthest back of the tongue.

I had a thought earlier - as NOTANYMORE has described in his/her own case, could some people have crypted lingual tonsils that are only collecting tonsillolith "goo" which doesn't harden? They'd be unaware of stones, but would probably feel the crypts filled with the goo, giving the stench and the lump in throat feeling?

Just some thoughts. NOTANYMORE - once again congrats to you and thanks for your great feedback. I don't know of anyone else who has done this on here, and with such a successful outcome.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

How are you getting on with life NOTANYMORE? Good I hope? Please keep us updated.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

It has been over 1 month and things are fantastic. Tastebuds are back to normal and my throat doesn't bother me at all. Interestingly, I still have some dark mucus in the throat upon waking. I usually just spit it up while brushing my teeth and don't feel it return until the following morning. I haven't detected an odor so it really doesn't concern me.

This surgery has been life changing. It is like this whole other person was hiding inside me, waiting for the chance to shine. I spoke with a university counselor today about finishing up my bachelor's degree with plans to parlay that into a master's. I should start school by August.

My attitude has been extremely positive and I am becoming more of an extrovert as time goes on. Hell, I was even talking with the wife about getting a margarita machine for the back yard so we can invite people over which would have been unheard of prior to the surgery. So Instead of thinking about ways to get out of social situations, I am purposely getting myself into them!

Another realy great thing is that I have been drinking coffee again. I can now drink a large cup of Columbian dark roast without even a hint of LPR symptoms,dry mouth or fart breath.
It's wonderfull.

This does seem a little awkward to me; writing about how wonderfull everything is while plenty of people are still suffering. I promise not to get this carried away in the future, I just feel that with all the negative stories and experiences on this site, it may be of some importance to have a few positive ones as well.

Also, thank you Halitosux for the "sticky" and Fedup for your continued interest in my recovery. To everyone else, may you find your cure and relish it when it comes.

Your bud,
Notanymore
emotional rescue
Sheriff

This is really incredible!!!

I'm very happy for you, please keep us update!

Have fun!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Fantastic news! Well doneeeeeeee!
What an AMAZING story.

Best wishes in your new lease of life, you thoroughly deserve it!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

NOTANYMORE wrote:It has been over 1 month and things are fantastic. Tastebuds are back to normal and my throat doesn't bother me at all. Interestingly, I still have some dark mucus in the throat upon waking. I usually just spit it up while brushing my teeth and don't feel it return until the following morning. I haven't detected an odor so it really doesn't concern me.

This surgery has been life changing. It is like this whole other person was hiding inside me, waiting for the chance to shine. I spoke with a university counselor today about finishing up my bachelor's degree with plans to parlay that into a master's. I should start school by August.

My attitude has been extremely positive and I am becoming more of an extrovert as time goes on. Hell, I was even talking with the wife about getting a margarita machine for the back yard so we can invite people over which would have been unheard of prior to the surgery. So Instead of thinking about ways to get out of social situations, I am purposely getting myself into them!

Another realy great thing is that I have been drinking coffee again. I can now drink a large cup of Columbian dark roast without even a hint of LPR symptoms,dry mouth or fart breath.
It's wonderfull.

This does seem a little awkward to me; writing about how wonderfull everything is while plenty of people are still suffering. I promise not to get this carried away in the future, I just feel that with all the negative stories and experiences on this site, it may be of some importance to have a few positive ones as well.

Also, thank you Halitosux for the "sticky" and Fedup for your continued interest in my recovery. To everyone else, may you find your cure and relish it when it comes.

Your bud,
Notanymore
I know the pain of this condition, believe me, you can be as happy as you want, you----we all deserve it with the shit we've put up with.

i'm gonna bring the same points up to my ENT in a week or so.

But congratulations.

Also does your breath feel cool now as opposed to hot and gross? i'm sure it does.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Hey Fedup. When you say hot breath, do you mean like dry, stale breath? If so, I can't say I had that sort of issue. The crazy thing is I never really felt that my breath was the primary offender. Rather, my saliva felt thick and dirty and was always an indication as to the level of malodor I was exuding. The breath was just a way of spreading the shit smell around my personal space and ruining my life..:). I never had halitosis prior to all the mucus and stones so I was fairly positive that once those issues were resolved my breath would be normal and now it is. Also, without all that excess plaque (tonsil crud) in my throat, my tongue has become very smooth and the papillae are short where they used to be much longer. The saliva is watery and feels clean as well.

Hope this answers your question and good luck with your ENT appointment. Please keep us updated as to your progress.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Today is the 1.5 month update.

I have been experimenting to see what, if anything will make my breath stink. For instance, yesterday I drank a very large cup of coffee, one redbull, one diet coke, ate lots of sweets and meats at every meal and another coffee at night. Although this did dry my mouth out and change the consistancy of my saliva, it did not (as far as I could tell) cause halitosis. In fact, I have yet to get any reactions from my daughter, family or coworkers.

These experiments are not without a downside. My LPR symptoms return (at maybe 50% of what they used to be) when I drink too much coffee and I get throat mucus in the morning and at night, which tells me that the reflux will remain an issue. So these experiments are giving me a baseline for what aggrivates my reflux symptoms and what combination of triggers to avoid going forward. I certainly do not intend to eat and drink like a pig for much longer.

That's it for now. I believe that the ability to research and overcome this obstacle has made me a stronger, more determined person. So I leave you with this quote and a promise to post again soon....

"I'm thanful for my struggle because without it I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength"

Alex Elle
emotional rescue
Sheriff

great news!!!

1.5 months it's a pretty good measure!

Please keep us updated,

good luck!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic