Your Email Address:

First Name:

If oral hygiene does not help here is another source for bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Atrial
Advanced

If oral hygiene does not help here is another source for bb

Post by Atrial »

In recent years it has been demonstrated that oral malodour can originate from bacteria attached to the back of the tongue (1). More recently it has been suggested that halitosis stems more commonly from bacteria manufacturing the malodorous volatile gases within the gut contents. Pioneering this research has been Prof Terry Bolin from the University of New South Wales and he has published the use of Bismuth in controlling the colonic malodour. Interestingly, when the volatile gases are measured with the Halimeter device, high readings can be shown to regress in most patients when they are placed on bismuth citrate or subsalicylate (2). The patients ingest two capsules twice daily of the bismuth for 2 to 3 months and halitosis can disappear for weeks to months – not requiring further therapy. Bismuth can also be used successfully to re-treat any recurring symptoms. Customised formulae prescribed by your doctor, can be compounded to meet individual needs.

References
Tongue mircobiota and malodour - Microbial Ecology in Health and Dis 1999;11:226-232
The colonic contribution to halitosis -Gastroenterology 2007;132:A367-8

jamesmcavoy

Re: If oral hygiene does not help here is another source for

Post by jamesmcavoy »

The theory behind this is that the ration of good to bad bacteria in gut flora should be 85:15 for healthy environment and this can efficiently be achieved with maintaining internal pH high i.e. alkaline .
This bismuth compound helps in creating and maintaining Alkaline pH until healthy flora takes place .
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

This is really interesting information. I have used bismuth only once in my life, the first time I ever went the gastroenterologist for my bad breath.

I am going back and forth between nasal and gastral issues that might be causing the bb. I made lots of public tests in the past few months.

I eat clean for a few days (fruits, vegetables, no bread or processed foods, no meat). After taking a long bath, I flush my sinuses with salty water. Then the usual mouth cleaning procedure. I clean my tongue with the Tung Brush. After that there are 3 options;
1. Use Tung gel
2. Use Dr. Murat Aydin's mouthwash
3. Gargle with salty water

I tried them all. Then I go out to meet friends. I might be mistaken but I felt that I start to get reactions within 1 hour if I use option 1 or 2. Anyway if I go with option 3, my mouth feels clean and I don't get reactions until I eat something. Hell breaks loose if I eat something high in proteins. I can almost feel the gas climbing up from my stomach. Sometimes I go to the bathroom to brush my teeth and scrape my tongue but it never helps. Then as you might guess, I go mute, nod all the time. If I say something people get that strange look, trying to suppress the urge to cringe. 3-4 hours after that high-protein dinner, my stomach still feels full, undigested.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Hi

If you want to consider the colon option this is what you need to do.

Buy product containing
bismuth subsalicylate
In the UK you can get it without prescription.

Use it three times a day (solution) for colon
Chewable tablets if it is oral related.
Try that for few weeks. It is better than doing nothing.
yarahe

wow

Post by yarahe »

that is really really interesting...

i remeber when i had a virus in my stomach i took pills which contain Bismuth subsalicylate and my bb reduced a lot in those days i took the Bismuth subsalicylate.

i'm going to try this for a few weeks after meals and see how it goes.

is it better to take the cheweble tablets? becuase i remember i was taking swallowed tablets.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

there is another thread about bismuth working for members here:
viewtopic.php?t=5492&start=60
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic