Your Email Address:

First Name:

Surgery Scheduled!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hatemylife
Total Newbie

Surgery Scheduled!

Post by hatemylife »

So, as a result of my bad breath, I've lost my job, I've just separated from my wife, I've lost most of my friends, and I'm become more and more depressed. For the past 2 years my wife wouldn't kiss me, and hardly ever had sex with me. She left me. I hate being in social situations because I always hear the inevitable "who farted", "who shit their pants", and "what's that smell". Well, I refuse to live like this anymore. I would rather not be on this planet than to suffer from this disease/disability/illness. I've probably tried more "cures" than just about anyone on this forum, but the fact is we shouldn't have to spend 20 minutes brushing, flossing, tongue scraping, irrigating, and that not do anything to help. I want to be like my ex. She spends two minutes brushing with only a toothbrush, and never once have I noticed her having bad breath.

So I've decided to do everything I can to fix this. A few months ago I had my wisdom teeth removed that were impacted and smelly (I could actually smell it on my finger when I touched them). That didn't help. I went to an ENT, and have a terribly deviated septum. I got a CT scan, and will be going to get a septoplasty, sinus surgery, and soft palate surgery in 2 weeks. After that I'm having my four front caps on my teeth (that have been there for 20 years) replaced with new veneers, and I'm having a root canal done.

I'm hoping that this will cure my bad breath. If not, I will be getting my tonsils removed, and I will be completely changing my diet. If none of that works then I will accept my fate, but I'm not going down without a fight.

Stinkynick
Junior

Post by Stinkynick »

Good luck with your process. I feel your pain, although I'm my case nobody will tell me I have it but I've heard people talk about me and of course the reactions. Sinus surgery seems promising for anyone with sinus issues, same for dental problems. Try to remember thAt bad breath should not define you as a person. I let it change me for the worse when I first found out, now I'm in the process of acceptance..not that I've given up or stopped trying, but it's easier to live life knowing that I'm really ok even with bad breath.

Please keep us updated, and just for future reference.. Several people have been cured from tonsillectomy but the overwhelming majority of our kind who has this done see no benefit to their odor.
hatemylife
Total Newbie

Post by hatemylife »

I don't know if any of this will help, but I'm willing to try anything, and more importantly systematically rule out possible causes. It's easy to say that you shouldn't let it define you, but it is you. Whenever anyone looks at you, thinks about you, is around you, that is what they associate with you! It IS your persona! It DOES define you! When your wife stops kissing you altogether (even when you're intimate) that's soul crushing. When you 4 year old turns his head, and doesn't want you near his face, that's soul crushing. When you go out with someone a couple of times, and they stop responding to your calls and texts, that's soul crushing. When you feel uncomfortable sitting at a bar, at a restaurant, riding in a car with other people, getting your hair cut, going on interviews, and the million other day-to-day social interactions that you have, that's soul crushing.

I understand what you're saying, but if there's a possibility of a cure, I'm going to try and find it. Sadly, it's basically throwing darts at a hundred dart boards.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

I want to commend you for taking the bull by the horns and commiting yourself to fixing the problem. Your aggresive attitude will result in a cure. Please keep everyone updated on your progress and do not give up untill the problem is solved.

I F**king love threads like this!
jackson
Junior

Post by jackson »

Good on you.
Have you had the surgery yet?

Like you, i've tried just about everything now, so I too will be looking at taking a much more aggressive approach, soon.

Keep us updated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic