Your Email Address:

First Name:

Small things you notice

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Shliet
Total Newbie

Small things you notice

Post by Shliet »

Hello everyone, I have been on this site for a year now but lost my previous account. It doesn't matter as I will use this one from now on.

I wanted to propose for everyone to write symptoms they have, I'm curious to see how common some type of things are. I don't really know what kind of format we can use, so I'll just go with time during a typical day. I would like to insist on that you write everything that you 'feel', it might be paranoia it might be not, but it's just to have an idea and see if others feel the same.

So I start:

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is to breath inside my elbow and smell it. The smell is hard to describe, from my perspective it's not good or bad. Of course it feels 'dry' and warm. What I find curious though is that when I stand up from my bed and go across the room to pick up a t-shirt I breath through my nose and I can smell the same odor that was coming out from my nose. I usually sleep with the windows closed and I would say my room feels a little 'entrapped'. I open the windows, go take a shower and when I'm back the odor has gone.

-Few months ago I also felt a 'tingling' sensation in my top left tooth, like I wanted to scratch it but it was inaccessible. My gums would also bleed from time to time when I brush.

-After these initial 'symptoms' I started using mouthwash again. Don't worry, it was the first thing I've ever tried for my BB, but it did make it worse afterwards back then so I stopped. Now I use it just to prevent 'gum diseases'. My gums don't bleed now.

-I think it's important that we at least keep our mouth cleaning to the 'state-of-the-art' standard that non-sufferers use, JUST in case that when someone asks how is our hygiene we can frankly tell them that despite doing our best, we still have problem. I would NOT want to gather my courage, go to the Xth doctor again and when he asks me if I use mouthwash I say 'no, but I used it before and it didn't help', to me it would feel like I am not putting in the effort. Anyway, back to topic.

-When I put my tongue in the far end of my mouth, on top or where my wisdow teeth were once I can taste something bad.

-When I am hungry and I have not eat for a long time, and I eat bread right away I get bloated to no end. When I eat bread in a regular time, (like not on a 8 hours empty stomach) I get no bloating.

-After eating lunch I feel like my breath is normal (unless it had some strong odor food in it, in which case it becomes really volatile). Of course when I eat something with garlic or almond butter, my breath smells like it. Now what is non-conventional for me (it's only what I gather from my senses, remember) is that in these particular cases (garlic and almond butter) the smells is projected way too far, like if some volatiles in my mouth are just putting in their spacesuit and travelling to the next planet. I remember eating a chocolate bar with almond once, was standing maybe 3 meters away from a friend (he was behind a desk selling smartphones) and he said : Damn did you just eat almond butter? But without flinching or pointing that the smell was bad or mixed with bad breath.

-I thought for a long time that I was lactose intolerant. One night I felt like my stomach was going to explode after drinking 1 L of milk, and I have put milk on the side since then. Coincidentally that was exactly when my BB started so of course I linked the two. The other night I ate mexican burrito with my parents and it has a shit ton of melted cheese on it. Didn't get dhiarrea or bloating, it's almost as if the lactose thing was a lie. I still don't drink milk yet, somehow I am scared, but I'm back on normal yogurt.

-I feel like I have a lot of mucus ion my throat and I almost always have a sore throat. I have recently started to 'inject' sea water in my nostrils, to clean the extra mucus. I didn't do it at the beginning because it was gross, but whatever it takes right, I then started to make sure the liquid goes in my throat. The taste is something out of a horror movie. However when I'm finished I just feel that my throat is clean. I thought that would be it. But last night my cousin came to my place, I had brush my theeth + mouthwash + sea water in nose, I sat next to him and started to talk slowly to him and he did a 'nose movement' as if he just accidentally whiffed something bad. That was a setback to me.

-Another thing that I must share even if it's not really polite (and excuse me). I rarely have a regular bowel movement. It goes from greasy, to dark, to dark green, to white inclusions.

-Finally I have noticed this many times. Me, and I guess many are in my situation, can't talk face to face without suppressing my breathing output or directing my mouth somewhere else. So let's say I talk to someone, I let them start, nothing wrong with their breath. It's my turn so I start talking in this special style of holding back, and after some back and forth I can smell a bad breath coming from them. Now that might be pure paranoia, but what I think that might possibly happen is that they think that they have bad breath, due to me looking somewhere else and/or stepping back, that makes them nervous, dry their mouth and they have BB. Now that might be the most idiotic thing I've said but I (un)consciously believe that stress can induce BB.

My treatments so far were:

-H.pylori (positive, treatment)
-Wisdom teeth removal
-Gluten intolerance test (negative)

The main amelioration I had during the past 4 years or so are : no more acid liquid pumping up from my stomach. No more fece smell from the back of the tongue with the spoon test, no more foul smelling saliva. However I get reaction from time to time and I am unable to talk to people normally with full confidence.

I'm still suffering (I think). If its not Halitosis then I'm suffering from imaginary halitosis, which I doubt but could be a possibility.

Thank you for reading, I would like to hear the things that go through your mind during the day.

God bless us all.

lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

did you retest for h. pylori?

and what combination of antibiotics were given?

prevpac (omeprazole , amoxicillin , clarithromycin)

or

(omeprazole , amoxicillin , metronidazole)1
Shliet
Total Newbie

Post by Shliet »

It was the prevpac triple therapy. I felt so weak afterwards. Curious thing is that I didn't notice much during the treatment.

Also my H.pylori level was between the two ranges (non-present and present), but the doctor gave it to me anyway. I was happy at the moment.

I have not been tested again.
lookingforcure
Junior

Post by lookingforcure »

I'm currently where you are. Been treated for H. Pylori because minimal amounts of antibodies were present via blood test.

Getting retested via breath test

I advise you to do the same.

Also, I was put on the same medication as you and still have h. pylori symptoms post treatment
Shliet
Total Newbie

Post by Shliet »

Thanks, it's definitely on my to do list after November.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

i also hold back when talking to someone, sort of like holding my breath but talking at the same time. Does it help? Does it make it worse? I have no clue the only way to know i guess would be to ask someone. I don't however smell anything in return from the other person unless they have bb themselves. Could it possibly be the air pushing your bb back to you? Just something to consider along with your theory
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

being that you're unsure of your breath, you sound like a good candidate to meet up with someone who will tell you the truth about your breath. unfortunately, they are hard to come by on here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic