Your Email Address:

First Name:

I think my bad breath might be from my tongue and tonsils.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ShitTalker
Junior

I think my bad breath might be from my tongue and tonsils.

Post by ShitTalker »

Hello. I have been trying harder lately to keep my mouth clean by doing a whole mouth cleaning routine including squirting out tonsils... It seems to be working pretty good and my mouth hasn't been dry and my breath tester said my breath was normal and not that bad which was a huge relief and felt good... My mouth has just been feeling way better then before.

So today I didn't brush or anything before I went out and I was out in the heat all day with a slightly dry mouth and had a burrito and some almond milk ice cream sandwiches bcuz I try not to eat any dairy, but I could tell my mouth was probably all dirty and sugary... I could tell my breath was bad and I brushed my tongue ONLY and the smell form exhaling went away... A couple hours later I decided brush my tongue again and let the gunk dry up on the back of my hand and it smelled pretty bad, even though it did not stink while exhaling...

I think it stunk up so fast because I did not rinse out my tonsils today and my tongue rests directly against my tonsils and they constantly supply it with the bacteria that are in my tonsils and the bacteria mixed with sugar on my tongue makes it start to STINK!

I realized that I only use water to rinse my tonsils and no kind of antibacterial stuff. It's very difficult to get into every nook and cranny in my tonsils and I know if any bacteria is in there it is just going to stay in there and never go away using just water...

I am going to try to start squirting my tonsils with something antibacterial twice a day hopefully, along with brushing my tongue, flossing, scraping plaque from my teeth, and doing oil pulling and I will let you guys know if that seems to help... I have not had someone test my nose breath yet, cuz that seems awkward, but hopefully I can do that sometime. I'm thinking that my tongue/tonsils combo might be responsible for my bad nose breath too... I have smelled the stuff that can come out of my tonsils and it stinks very, very bad, but even if they don't stink, it doesn't mean they aren't full of bacteria...

It's difficult to clean the very back of the tongue effectively and the tonsils are difficult also... If you stick your tongue out all the way and look back there with a flashlight, you will probably see it is very white from not being cleaned...

Does anybody have any good suggestions for cleaning the very back of your tongue? I have tried toothbrushes, but they don't seem to work great. I have modified an Orabrush by cutting off the scraper part and narrowing the head to a smaller size so I can fit it back there easier and to get in that middle groove of the tongue...

Also... What would be a good antibacterial solution to use? I have eucalyptus oil, tea tree oil, oregano oil, and grapefruit seed extract...

Doing my whole mouth routine used to make me depressed because it seemed like it didn't work and seemed like a waste of time, so I never stuck with it. But now I have improved it and I was told my breath wasn't that bad, so now I am motivated to keep up with it to see if this is my way to control the problem...

Let me know if anyone has any questions about anything... I would love to be able to help someone... Good luck everyone...

ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Update... I've had three different people smell the air from my mouth and my nose and they all said they can't smell anything, or it smelled like the drink i was drinking.

But now i've went maybe 5 days without rinsing out my tonsils and I am starting to get the shitty taste/smell in the back of my mouth and my tongue is getting coated faster and smelling faster after being scraped.

I've realized that my tongue is the main cause of my bad breath, because it is constantly getting covered in bacteria from my tonsils. So if either one of them is not cleaned daily then it starts to stink... I smelled the stuff on my tongue today in the morning after scraping it off and rubbing it in a thin layer on the back of my hand and letting it dry and it smelled pretty bad... Doing that kind of simulates the smell of your tongue...

I can't believe how disgusting I used to let my mouth get before lol...

I am going to try taking an oral probiotic with Blis k-12 every night... I'm hoping the good bacteria will be able to keep the bad bacteria under control, especially in my tonsils...
Help support this site's owner by shopping on Amazon after clicking this link Shop on Amazon.com
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Update... I've had three different people smell the air from my mouth and my nose and they all said they can't smell anything, or it smelled like the drink i was drinking.

But now i've went maybe 5 days without rinsing out my tonsils and I am starting to get the shitty taste/smell in the back of my mouth and my tongue is getting coated faster and smelling faster after being scraped.

I've realized that my tongue is the main cause of my bad breath, because it is constantly getting covered in bacteria from my tonsils. So if either one of them is not cleaned daily then it starts to stink... I smelled the stuff on my tongue today in the morning after scraping it off and rubbing it in a thin layer on the back of my hand and letting it dry and it smelled pretty bad... Doing that kind of simulates the smell of your tongue...

I am going to try taking an oral probiotic with Blis k-12 every night... I'm hoping the good bacteria will be able to keep the bad bacteria under control, especially in my tonsils...
Help support this site's owner by shopping on Amazon after clicking this link Shop on Amazon.com
jamesmcavoy

wow

Post by jamesmcavoy »

Wow shittalker ,u talk reAlly gud .it seems u are the only one truly active for bb thing these days .keep it up
LillyB
Total Newbie

Halitophobia?

Post by LillyB »

Hey,

I'm not doubting you for a minute, but if several people have smelt your breath and said they smell nothing.. Could it be possible that bad taste doesn't equal bad smell?

Just a thought :)
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

ShitTalker wrote:Update... I've had three different people smell the air from my mouth and my nose and they all said they can't smell anything, or it smelled like the drink i was drinking.

I feel like you have similar level of BB to me. I think I used to have some issues with my gut too but using Betaine HCL and some anti-fungals took care of most of it. Now I just have to focus on cleaning my tongue. I don't bother with the tonsil area (I don't think I actually have tonsils but just holes that could trap bacteria) but maybe it will improve my condition further if I do. Keep us posted!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Nespresso, are you still using the Forevermints?
If so, do you have any further feedback?
Thanks.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

halitosisux wrote:Nespresso, are you still using the Forevermints?
If so, do you have any further feedback?
Thanks.
I actually stopped using it and went back to Xylimelts.

I think my problem is mostly attributable to dry mouth now. xylimelt is much easier to put on my teeth and it seems to hydrate my mouth quicker and better. Also I really do not enjoy mint flavor in general (probably due to years of chewing gum all the time). However, I would still say that forever mint is still a great product and it could be more useful than xylimelt for some.
ShitTalker
Junior

Re: Halitophobia?

Post by ShitTalker »

LillyB wrote:Hey,

I'm not doubting you for a minute, but if several people have smelt your breath and said they smell nothing.. Could it be possible that bad taste doesn't equal bad smell?

Just a thought :)
Yes, bad taste does not equal bad smell. I heard the guy Adrin muyar on here also said that if your tongue is coated and smells that it does not mean your breath smells...

But when I go a few days without flossing, tongue scraping, or rinsing my tonsils and I get a really shitty taste or smell from my mouth, then I am fairly certain my breath is bad. But I could still be wrong and maybe it doesn't smell as bad as i think...

One day after being out in the sun all day and I had a real dry mouth and I had a hamburger with extra kevhup, I thought my breath would have been bad, but one of my breath testters said she didn't smell nothing... I was very suprised...

At least I can relax a little if I know I am keeping up on my routine and my mouth feels fresh... For the first time in years I got my haircut without the fear of smelling like shit cuz I thought my breath was probably fine...
ShitTalker
Junior

Re: wow

Post by ShitTalker »

jamesmcavoy wrote:Wow shittalker ,u talk reAlly gud .it seems u are the only one truly active for bb thing these days .keep it up
Thank you... I have had this physical and mental problem for many years and I have thought about it so much andI feel like I do have some experience and good advice and i want to help people... I know if I can over come this then other people can... Not everybody is going to have the same problem that I had and will be cured, but if I can help just one person get their breath under control then I will be happy for that...

And I know I can get the physical part under control, but I am still trying to get over the halitiphobia and it might slowly take some time...
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for the info @ Nespresso
How long do each of these products typically tend to last in your mouth before they've completely dissolved?
I still haven't ordered any, but I have always intended to give them a try. Once I have, then I'll try writing to them again and see if they'll be willing to put their money where their mouth is, and place an advert on here and offer some kind of discount to registered members.

Their logo says "Be confident. Never worry about bad breath ever again".
I can see this helping a lot of people, particularly those with Type-1 BB who don't appear to have any kind of medical issues except for the sewage that builds up on their tongue for no apparent reason. A lot of this problem is lack of confidence that then feeds on itself to further exaggerate the BB problem in our heads. Even at my worst moments, just lighting a cigarette or popping a mint or gum in my mouth was instant release - even if my breath still stunk of crap, for that moment I couldn't care less because just having that different flavour in my mouth was enough to give me confidence to temporarily feel human again. I didn't care less what my actual breath was like in those moments. I'm always going to have this lack of confidence and I know it stems back to my childhood where I was constantly being told I had BB but yet to me I felt normal and couldn't smell anything. The wiring in my head is all messed up.
halitosisux

Re: Halitophobia?

Post by halitosisux »

ShitTalker wrote:Yes, bad taste does not equal bad smell. I heard the guy Adrin muyar on here also said that if your tongue is coated and smells that it does not mean your breath smells...
Ermm, I don't think he meant it like that. He said he forbids his patients to go by the smell on the back of their tongue, because when you smell something from this part of the tongue, it does not always mean that it's making your breath smell bad. He also said that bad taste does not always mean bad smell, but often it does.
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

halitosisux wrote:Thanks for the info @ Nespresso
How long do each of these products typically tend to last in your mouth before they've completely dissolved?
I still haven't ordered any, but I have always intended to give them a try. Once I have, then I'll try writing to them again and see if they'll be willing to put their money where their mouth is, and place an advert on here and offer some kind of discount to registered members.

Their logo says "Be confident. Never worry about bad breath ever again".
I can see this helping a lot of people, particularly those with Type-1 BB who don't appear to have any kind of medical issues except for the sewage that builds up on their tongue for no apparent reason. A lot of this problem is lack of confidence that then feeds on itself to further exaggerate the BB problem in our heads. Even at my worst moments, just lighting a cigarette or popping a mint or gum in my mouth was instant release - even if my breath still stunk of crap, for that moment I couldn't care less because just having that different flavour in my mouth was enough to give me confidence to temporarily feel human again. I didn't care less what my actual breath was like in those moments. I'm always going to have this lack of confidence and I know it stems back to my childhood where I was constantly being told I had BB but yet to me I felt normal and couldn't smell anything. The wiring in my head is all messed up.
Xylimelt only lasts about... 1 hour at most. Averages about 30 - 45 minutes I would say. But it does a better job at hydrating your mouth.

Forever Mint also does hydration but not as well as Xylimelt. It lasts about 2 hours in your mouth although it gets weaker towards the end because the mint shrinks over time as it melts.

Forever mint is great and it does what it claims + more I would say since it also helps with dry mouth problem somewhat. I just prefer Xylimelt for my needs and it's so easy to put on where as forever mint takes some time and skills haha. I never really got the hang of it.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

TY once again.
Xylimelt are cheaper too (I think?)
I wonder if having a dry mouth makes it harder to get the Forevermint to become stick enough to stick?
I'm going to order some imminently and I'll report back.
To me they seem like the miracle I need to be able to put breath (fear) at the back of my mind instead of being some monster constantly knocking on my head when I dare to get too close to anyone.
If that's what it takes to deal with my 30+ years of mental disaster, then I'm happy to have one in my mouth 24/7!
Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

halitosisux wrote:TY once again.
Xylimelt are cheaper too (I think?)
I wonder if having a dry mouth makes it harder to get the Forevermint to become stick enough to stick?
I'm going to order some imminently and I'll report back.
To me they seem like the miracle I need to be able to put breath (fear) at the back of my mind instead of being some monster constantly knocking on my head when I dare to get too close to anyone.
If that's what it takes to deal with my 30+ years of mental disaster, then I'm happy to have one in my mouth 24/7!
Nah, I would say Forever mint is cheaper because they last much longer. As I mentioned to you in another post, Forever mint is only about a quarter of the size of Xylimelt. This makes it harder to "stick" it to your gum. I would say try both. Xymelt also has a minty version, which is what I am currently using. Xymelt mint is much milder than Forever mint and I like that. I don't really enjoy strong minty taste.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic