Your Email Address:

First Name:

My documentation of using Hydrogen Peroxide

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sandspiegel
Junior

My documentation of using Hydrogen Peroxide

Post by sandspiegel »

Hey guys,
I discovered a couple of months ago, that I have a Problem with Tonsil Stones and that they make my Breath terrible. Especially just after swallowing it smelled like tonsil stones and if you have tonsil stones then you probably know that they smell like shit.
I also have a bad smelling tongue but have been using Tung Brush + Gel to keep the Odor on the tongue under control. However I still had bad smelling tonsils. Especially when I would take a sample of saliva where the holes of the tonsils are, it would smell really bad. Nothing would help. I tried to get them out by spraying water and later Chlorhexidine into the holes. A lot of them came out but the smell, especially after swallowing would still be there. I had terrible reactions from friends (like overhearing them talking about my breath smelling like shit).
A couple of days ago I ordered Hydrogen Peroxide since a lot of people here and on other forums said that it helped them a lot. However I didn't get my hopes up high because everytime I tried something that potentially worked, it stopped working after some time, like Therra Breath.
Some people here even said that it either didn't help at all or it stopped working after a couple of days. However I also read a lot of positive things about it. Some people even used it for years without having any problems and it would still work.

So yesterday the HP (3%) arrived and I mixed it with water in a normal cup (I read that using it pure would be too aggressive for the mouth)

1/2 parts of water and 1/2 parts of HP.

I then used a syringe to spray it into all of the holes of my tonsils and outside of the tonsils too. It started to foam a little bit which is the sign that it reacts with the bacteria. After that I Brushed my teeth normally and then drowned the Tung Brush in the HP/ Water mixture and Brushed my Tongue with it. It really started to foam on my Tongue. After that I would use the Rest in the Cup to rinse my whole mouth and gargle for about 30 seconds.

After that I had a really fresh feeling in my mouth and the smell on my tongue and on my tonsils disappeared almost instantly after doing the routine.
I would then smell my saliva on my tongue (especially the far back) and on my Tonsils (especially where the holes are) every hour to see when the bad odor would come back. Here are the results:

Day 1: Tongue odor completely disappeared for the whole day. After about 4 Hours the smell on the left tonsil would slowly come back again but still wouldn't be as bad as before. The after swallowing smell seemed to have disappeared. Before going to sleep I would brush my teeth and do the routine described above again to see if I would wake up with bad morning breath.

Day 2: Normally when I wake up I would have a terrible taste in my mouth and when breathing in my nose I would smell the shitty breath but this morning the breath was fine. I would then smell the saliva on my tongue and it didn't smell at all, which I found pretty impressive. The saliva on my tonsils was fine too and almost didn't smell at all.
Then before going to school (first day going to class today) I would do the routine described above (just without spraying HP into the holes of my tonsils). I often had a dry mouth because I was pretty nervous today (all new people in class). However I had no major reactions today and my mouth stayed pretty fresh all day (even after eating and drinking). After arriving home (about 9 hours) I was amazed that the saliva on my tongue and on my tonsils smelled completely neutral. Also absolutely no after swallowing smell. Then after going to the gym still no smell at all (after over 12 hours).
Also as a nice side effect I found that food tastes more intense than before.
It's also very cheap. I paid only about 4€ for 1000 ml

Day 3: Today of course the first thing after waking up was to notice if I had any morning breath. I was yet again surprised that I didn't had any morning breath and that the saliva on my tongue and on my tonsils smelled neutral. Then doing the same routine described above I had a fresh mouth practically the whole day even after eating. It is really a huge difference to what I had before using HP. The saliva on my tongue and on my tonsils stayed odorless all day and no after swallowing smell.
I went out today with a friend of mine to have a couple of beers and for testing purposes I didn't brush my teeth before and haven't used HP since about 10 Hours by then. I got no major reactions while talking. A nose rub here and there but I think that is normal (even I have to rub my nose sometimes).

Day 4: After waking up saliva is again like on the other days odorless. Today was an important day because there was a barbecue from the company I'm doing a education in and all new people had to be there which meant getting there and get to know everybody which of course meant talking a lot in close proximity (A nightmare for me usually). After doing my HP/Water mixture routine I drove there and the day went fine. No reactions as far as I could tell. This one guy would always come close to me and I had my problems talking to his face but he wouldn't give me any reaction even as I talked almost directly to his face. I had a lot of meat and salad today. Also afterwards I had a couple of beers and even smoked a cigarette. Normally this would make my breath beyond horrible. However I had a pretty fresh mouth all the time. Even now as I'm writing this post my mouth is still fresh and saliva test was negative and still no after swallowing smell.

So for now I have amazing results with it but I still don't get my hopes up high since there was more than one report here that it worked for some a couple of days or weeks and then it would suddenly stop working. I will keep continue using it and report here how it progresses.

Also doesn't Hydrogen Peroxide work on the same principle as Therra Breath? Just providing a lot of Oxygin which makes the stinky bacteria odorless? So what's really the difference then between Hydrogen Peroxide and Chlorine dioxide (which therra breath uses)
Btw Therra Breath completely stopped working for me.
Last edited by sandspiegel on Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:19 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Nespresso

Post by Nespresso »

I don't have tonsil stones, but I have a little... "hole" in the back that tends to smell (if I put my finger into it and smell my finger).

However, I no longer believe this causes actual odor when I breath. I have confirmed this with 2 - 3 people (family members). Your case may be (and probably is) different from mine, but your tonsil stones may not be the cause of your problem.

With that said, when I used to be concerned about the smell from this "hole", I tried hydrogen peroxide but I read before that I really shouldn't be using this stuff for too long in a row (since my mouth bacterial can grow to it). I used once a week or so. I do not believe it was that effective after a couple of hours or so and it made my mouth dry. So I stopped using it.
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

Well Hydrogen Peroxide seems to be most effective thing that I have used to date. The question that remains is, how long is it going to work.
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

That's funny... I just squirted Hydrogen Peroxide into my tonsils for the first time last night... I have used it before, but never in my machine for my tonsils... I used the 3% at full strength and it burned pretty bad, but I will definitely mix it with water and do it again...
Help support this site's owner by shopping on Amazon after clicking this link Shop on Amazon.com
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Nespresso wrote:I don't have tonsil stones, but I have a little... "hole" in the back that tends to smell (if I put my finger into it and smell my finger).

However, I no longer believe this causes actual odor when I breath. I have confirmed this with 2 - 3 people (family members). Your case may be (and probably is) different from mine, but your tonsil stones may not be the cause of your problem.

With that said, when I used to be concerned about the smell from this "hole", I tried hydrogen peroxide but I read before that I really shouldn't be using this stuff for too long in a row (since my mouth bacterial can grow to it). I used once a week or so. I do not believe it was that effective after a couple of hours or so and it made my mouth dry. So I stopped using it.
Nespresso, that bad smelling hole in your mouth might not directly be making your breath smell, but I am pretty sure that it has bad bacteria in there that spreads to your tongue, mouth, and throat which in turn gives you bad breath...

I have real nasty tonsils and they rest against my tongue... I have a very smelly tongue if I don't clean it regularly. And I know it smells because it rests against my tonsils and the tonsils constantly supply it with bad bacteria and anytime sugar or food gets on my tongue, the bacteria starts making my tongue smell and it turns white fairly often..
Help support this site's owner by shopping on Amazon after clicking this link Shop on Amazon.com
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

ShitTalker wrote:That's funny... I just squirted Hydrogen Peroxide into my tonsils for the first time last night... I have used it before, but never in my machine for my tonsils... I used the 3% at full strength and it burned pretty bad, but I will definitely mix it with water and do it again...
There are people one the Forums that use it pure but I thought I try it first by mixing it and when it doesn't help I would try use it with the pure 3%
In my case it also burned a little for a short amount of time while I sprayed the mixture in my tonsils . But that's a price I'm more than willing to pay if it continues to help me.
Please report how the results using it are for you.
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

I woke up, ate a subway sandwich, and then did part of my routine; brushing, brushing tongue and squirted tonsils with half 3% peroxide, half water... Then I ate a pot roast and gravy tv dinner over two hours ago and my mouth still feels fresh...

I already have my bad breath problem under control and I know it does not smell if I keep my mouth clean, but I think doing this method might help control the bacteria from my tonsils and I think my breath will stay fresh longer and keep my tongue from getting white and smelly real fast...

I will try to update again in a little bit... I don't worry about my breath that much anymore though ever since I had two people test it and it was fine... I'm still very cautious about my nasal odor though, I need to have that tested more...

I think my bad breath from my mouth and throat were linked to my nose odor... When I would eat a mint or something, I could smell it and feel it up in my nose, so I think if the back of my tongue and tonsils was all nasty and smelly, then the air from my nose would smell too...

I definitely had a serious bad breath problem and developed halitophobia from it, because I always thought I still smelled like shit and I didn't think the smell went away...

Looking back on it now I can't believe how nasty I let my mouth get from never brushing and stuff... And I never thought it was the main cause of my bad breath because I couldn't smell it, so I thought it was some deep down issue and that made me not keep up with my oral hygene...
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

ShitTalker wrote:I woke up, ate a subway sandwich, and then did part of my routine; brushing, brushing tongue and squirted tonsils with half 3% peroxide, half water... Then I ate a pot roast and gravy tv dinner over two hours ago and my mouth still feels fresh...

I already have my bad breath problem under control and I know it does not smell if I keep my mouth clean, but I think doing this method might help control the bacteria from my tonsils and I think my breath will stay fresh longer and keep my tongue from getting white and smelly real fast...

I will try to update again in a little bit... I don't worry about my breath that much anymore though ever since I had two people test it and it was fine... I'm still very cautious about my nasal odor though, I need to have that tested more...

I think my bad breath from my mouth and throat were linked to my nose odor... When I would eat a mint or something, I could smell it and feel it up in my nose, so I think if the back of my tongue and tonsils was all nasty and smelly, then the air from my nose would smell too...

I definitely had a serious bad breath problem and developed halitophobia from it, because I always thought I still smelled like shit and I didn't think the smell went away...

Looking back on it now I can't believe how nasty I let my mouth get from never brushing and stuff... And I never thought it was the main cause of my bad breath because I couldn't smell it, so I thought it was some deep down issue and that made me not keep up with my oral hygene...
Yeah my mind is pretty messed up and I get into a panic often when I'm surrounded closely by a lot of people because I'm afraid that I might have either bb or nasal odor. And everytime I hear the word "shit" from someone I get into alarm mode although it might even didn't have anything to do with me.
On the bottle of my HP 3% it says that it has no known side effects. However I read one post where someone got a so called "hairy tongue" from using HP. However I believe that he used the HP 3% pure without mixing it with water, so that might be why it happened.
Anybody here who had side effects while using Hydrogen Peroxide 3% ?
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

I've heard of the hairy tongue thing before, but I never had it happen, but Ai never used Hydrogen Peroxide often... If that is the only side effect then it's not bad...

I had another Subway sandwich and then a dairy free ice cream bar and also a Kambucha drink from whole foods market and my mouth still feels and smells fresh...

I had someone test my breath while I was drinking the drink and he said my breath smelled like the drink and nothing else... Then I had him test my nose air and he said it smelled like the drink just a little and smelled the same as my mouth... I kept asking questions if it smelled bad just a little, or smelled like the drink and shit lol and he said it didn't smell at all...

Good luck...
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Also, I would like to recommend using the Orabrush to clean your tongue. That is what I consider the best device. I've used a tongue brush, but i'm not sure if I liked it...

The very very back of your tongue is the most important part to clean because it is constantly touching your tonsils, but there is no devices that can clean it because of the curved shape, or it hurts because the big bumps are right there... But the best way to clean the very back of your tongue is to get a small rag and wrap it around your finger and then scrape the back of your tongue with the rag and finger . Or wrap it on the end of a toothbrush and do that instead... A rag actually works good on the front of the tongue too, but Ai like the orabrush better...
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

ShitTalker wrote:I've heard of the hairy tongue thing before, but I never had it happen, but Ai never used Hydrogen Peroxide often... If that is the only side effect then it's not bad...

I had another Subway sandwich and then a dairy free ice cream bar and also a Kambucha drink from whole foods market and my mouth still feels and smells fresh...

I had someone test my breath while I was drinking the drink and he said my breath smelled like the drink and nothing else... Then I had him test my nose air and he said it smelled like the drink just a little and smelled the same as my mouth... I kept asking questions if it smelled bad just a little, or smelled like the drink and shit lol and he said it didn't smell at all...

Good luck...
Hey great to hear that you got your breath and nose odor under control. Will you be using Hydrogen Peroxide from now on for the next time?
Also, I would like to recommend using the Orabrush to clean your tongue. That is what I consider the best device. I've used a tongue brush, but i'm not sure if I liked it...

The very very back of your tongue is the most important part to clean because it is constantly touching your tonsils, but there is no devices that can clean it because of the curved shape, or it hurts because the big bumps are right there... But the best way to clean the very back of your tongue is to get a small rag and wrap it around your finger and then scrape the back of your tongue with the rag and finger . Or wrap it on the end of a toothbrush and do that instead... A rag actually works good on the front of the tongue too, but Ai like the orabrush better...
I useTung Brush and it works best to get rid of the gunk from the Tongue out of all Tongue scrapers that I have used. I heard about Orabrush before but I live in Germany and they don't sell these here.
Yes the very back of my tongue has been the worst (after my tonsils) when it comes to odor. I was able to get the odor a bit under control with Tung Gel but after about 6 - 8 Hours the smell would slowly return. However Hydrogen Peroxide seems to do a really good job of getting rid of the odor on the whole tongue for the whole day. I put my Tung Brush inside the HP / Water mixture and then Brush my tongue with it. It starts to foam and that's where I know that it reacts with the bacteria on my tongue. Same thing happens when I start to rinse my whole mouth with it afterwards.
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

Nice. Good job. I hope it is actually working for you. We sound like we had the same symptoms and if my breath got under control then yours might be better too... I think the main factor of my breath besides my poor oral hygiene was my tonsil and tongue combo making me stink, plus dry mouth and other factors, but that was the main culprit... So you might have the same problem...

If you get the physical part of this problem taken care of, there might still be a mental problem you have to cure also... Halitophobia is a real thing and I know many of us developed it. If I did not start telling people about my problem and have three people test it, then mentally I would be right where I was a month ago thinking I smelled like pure shit with every breath, even though it doesn't smell now...
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

ShitTalker wrote:Nice. Good job. I hope it is actually working for you. We sound like we had the same symptoms and if my breath got under control then yours might be better too... I think the main factor of my breath besides my poor oral hygiene was my tonsil and tongue combo making me stink, plus dry mouth and other factors, but that was the main culprit... So you might have the same problem...

If you get the physical part of this problem taken care of, there might still be a mental problem you have to cure also... Halitophobia is a real thing and I know many of us developed it. If I did not start telling people about my problem and have three people test it, then mentally I would be right where I was a month ago thinking I smelled like pure shit with every breath, even though it doesn't smell now...
Yeah I hope that I finally found something that actually helps. However, when it comes to this topic I got disappointed so often that I don't get my hopes up too high. Some guys said that it helped great at the beginning and then stopped working after some time. However some already use it for years with great results.

Some guy suggested that my bb could have something to do with stomach problems but I think Hydrogen Peroxide prooves that it's really my tongue and tonsils only that cause bad odor since cleaning my tonsils and rinsing my whole mouth with HP gets rid of the odor.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Things like that make mine worse. I'm still getting stones without tonsils. I can touch the area where my tonsils used to be and it stinks.

When will this end?
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
sandspiegel
Junior

Post by sandspiegel »

FedUp wrote:Things like that make mine worse. I'm still getting stones without tonsils. I can touch the area where my tonsils used to be and it stinks.

When will this end?
So you tried Hydrogen Peroxide and it made it worse? Maybe you could try blasting the Area where it stinks with a waterpik using Hydrogen Peroxide mixed with 50% water.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic