Your Email Address:

First Name:

Acne

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hali_grl
Sheriff

Acne

Post by hali_grl »

Totally off the subject off bb just wanted to share what's been helping me.I just started a little over a month ago breaking out with bumps and black heads whichis crazy bc even during highschool i never acne. for little less than a week ive tried the regimen below which is ONLY for oily skin the alchol in the sanitizer not only really cleans the face but also gets rid of excess oilyness as well as the acv. i can already see the difference. I thought i was the only one using acv on my face but apparently its been used for awhile.

Regimen for oily skin:
1. wash face w/ liquid soap only & rinse (bc were using other cleaning products face wash maybe too harsh)
2. while face is still wet use a dme size amount of gel sanitizer rub into face & rinse, then dry ( keep eyes shut very tight; i do this step twice)
3. add acv on cottonball and use like a toner applying on face (make sure you dilute 1 part acv w/ 3 parts distilled water)
4. apply 100% pure aloe gel on face like a moisturizer
5. i do this morning & night but i also exfoliate every night with an apricot scrub

deebo

Re: Acne

Post by deebo »

hi h-grl
even more off topic probably . i stopped washing my body/face with soaps .Only my underarms ,nether-regions . i use those loofa gloves sometimes. my skin has gradually gotten clearer over the past year of soaplessness . iv use cocnut oil on my skin after showers . Only if ive done something really grimey like work under a car do i soap my body, then only the more natural stuff like oatmeal glycerin bar or carrot soap.

My sibling was talking about ingrown hairs . We both noticed them on our elbows ,knees and back of the legs(i kno,gross) .In the past few months of being heavy raw fruit, this hair issue has disappeared for me . ! i just noticed this the other day . i really think sweat reflects what we consume now , our skin oils included .

ive been sunning in front of my open window lately & drinking more filtered water trying to get more D and get thing back in a more natural state . The skin is a good sign of overall fitness inside ;)
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

deebo
ive always had oily skin only on my face i even use baby oil (which i love)fresh out the shower on my body instead of lotion bc my skin feels dry. my body skin is baby smooth no bumps my face has become the only problem as of late. coconut oil is def a no go on my face, oil on top of oil, cringing : ) . i have no bo issue so soap is def a must for me but i only use shower gels bc bar soap leaves an invisible layer of soap scum which on dark skin looks ashy. why no soap? i can say for sure i dont have tmau or bo bc my bf is all over me telling me how good i smell fresh out the shower(i guess that his only breath of fresh air, lol!). another important thing, for women, at least esp if u have bo is to shave, wax, or nair ALL body hair armpits, bikini area, and legs. esp armpits & bikini area bc the hair will attract sweat which can get musty.
deebo

Post by deebo »

dark skin here also . A former boss was explaining to me about how products are not really designed for many darker skinned persons . I was like 'bla bla' . for years i had various skin ,BO,scalp, etc.. issues. I was using all kinds of products to fix them ,and antibiotics too . It just barely kept flair-ups down . i see how my friends from Africa use foodgrade oils on their skin/hair so what my old boss said dawned on me years later .When i was jobless , i weaned myself off pills ,lotions,and all that and tried coconut oil from the food cupboard . It was like magic how it worked . My face and scalp got really even and healthy .

i usually have real oily spots and some real ashy areas . Its all pretty even now . Same for those overly dark areas , much more even .

Since i dont smell bad on all parts of my body i just use water on most parts. I soap those smelling areas . When I'm super heavy on fruits i get no armpit smell and stop using soap there too. Although if i eat cooked ,or even lots of raw nuts or fat, i know i will need soap and deodorant. Never fails . #-o

I think its like good skin has normal balance going on. Soap and products strips that all away. So then we add more products to fix that issue. .and so on . We end up with a possible imbalance and skin is our biggest organ . I can easily see how trying to "fix" my skin issue has cause me to be on this BB site today .
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

so coconut oil evens out discoloration from black heads? and u have oily skin too? wow seems interesting i might have to try it, how long did it take to see a difference? i have mild acne my regimen has def made my skin look more healthy and the bumps are not as infammed and its only been a week since trying this.

also have u tried using johnson&johnson baby wash its way milder than other soaps and before showering try putting some acv/lemon juice under your armpits this will def keep u from getting musty i do this usually if i ran out of deodorant which is hardly ever but it works.

fyi
or you can try making your own soap maybe using aloe vera gel as a base with maybe some coconut oil and baking soda with a dab of your fav cologne just for fragrance.

ps
when u said dark areas did u mean onth face? is it a skin lightner too for dark spots?
deebo

Post by deebo »

i seldom have blackheads but my nose and upper cheek would get whiteheads . Coconut isnt a lightener . for me it seems to allow the skin to even out. Folliculs ,pores , dark scars and darker areas on the neck ,legs elbows.. are just less prominent after about 2 years of after shower use. i have baby wash but dont really use it now. Baby oil never seemed to nourish my skin .
i will def try the pre-shower acv/lemon armpit advice . For sure though if i'm not heavy raw fruit i need deodorant soap and antiperspirant or the must is unstopable :|
Clear diet , water intake and good whole body sweating seem to clear the skin .it feels like without body sweating regularly ,impurities just stay locked in ,no matter how good i eat and drink.

The diy soap thing sound like a good idea. Have to start growing some aloe
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

yea exactly our bodies detox thru sweat so very important i want portable sauna lol!
deebo

Post by deebo »

deebo wrote:i seldom have blackheads but my nose and upper cheek would get whiteheads . Coconut isnt a lightener . for me it seems to allow the skin to even out. Folliculs ,pores , dark scars and darker areas on the neck ,legs elbows.. are just less prominent after about 2 years of after shower use. i have baby wash but dont really use it now. Baby oil never seemed to nourish my skin .
.. :|
Clear diet , water intake and good whole body sweating seem to clear the skin .it feels like without body sweating regularly ,impurities just stay locked in ,no matter how good i eat and drink.
weird. this girl pretty much has the same to say about coconut oil / diet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54yEseyh2Pc
Elijah
Total Newbie

Post by Elijah »

Some skin care tips for the healthy skin are:
Take bath daily and use some anti bacterial soap.
Moisturize your skin daily with almond oil and coconut oil.
Drink plenty of water and fresh fruits juices.
Moisturize your skin with aloe vera.
Eat fresh fruits and raw vegetables daily.
Take green tea.
Protect your skin from dust and sunburn.
Avoid all cosmetics products.
Adam Prowse Personal Trainer,
539 High Street, Maitland,
New South Wales 2320, Australia
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic