Your Email Address:

First Name:

Poor dental hygiene when younger?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
somethinstinks
Advanced

Poor dental hygiene when younger?

Post by somethinstinks »

I remember when I was young (probably somewhere around 8 years old) I hated brushing my teeth, so I would not do so regularly. I really can't remember how often I did or did not, I just know I didn't like it so I skipped a lot of days. I believe I heard some other people had poor hygiene when younger as well. I'm wondering if users had poor hygiene in the past and if this could possibly be related to our BB, years and years later..

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Do you mean in some kind of bacterial way?
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

I was exactly like that, my mum doesnt care about oral hygiene and she nevers brushes he teeth now. she doesn't have bad breath :s
She never taught me how to brush my teeth and I had the worst oral hygiene when I was younger :(
ShitTalker
Junior

Post by ShitTalker »

I had absolutely terrible oral hygene when I was younger. I did not like brushing my teeth and I did not care about my teeth. I probably only brushed them before going to the dentist which would be once every six months and in between when geting feelings... I could scrape a thick layer of plaque off my front teeth with my finger nail and I could feel a big space with my tongue where the plaque used to be. I remember the assistant girl being disgusted at how difficult my teeth were to clean one time...

I think it definTely was the stsrt to my bad breath problem and I think it was related, but my bad breath problem is under control now... My tonsils used to be absolutey discusting when I first started cleaning them out though, and I could tell there was years of nastyness built up in there, so those were directly related to my poor oral hygene back then I think...
Help support this site's owner by shopping on Amazon after clicking this link Shop on Amazon.com
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ShitTalker wrote:I had absolutely terrible oral hygene when I was younger. I did not like brushing my teeth and I did not care about my teeth. I probably only brushed them before going to the dentist which would be once every six months and in between when geting feelings... I could scrape a thick layer of plaque off my front teeth with my finger nail and I could feel a big space with my tongue where the plaque used to be. I remember the assistant girl being disgusted at how difficult my teeth were to clean one time...
That's exactly me too. I was like this until about 14 years old. My thought at the time was why bother brushing my teeth if my breath stinks anyway?
Did it (or can it?) contribute in some way though to chronic BB once good oral hygiene is initiated? Very good question. Maybe having really bad oral hygiene introduces bad bacteria to colonize the mouth (and then the gut or other parts of the body). In my case tho, there was a much simpler explanation. Dumb parents, dumb upbringing, didn't get the dental care I needed which would have prevented my teeth overcrowding and causing problems later on. Dumb upbringing that allowed my siblings to cause serious psychological harm on me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic