Your Email Address:

First Name:

My visit to Dr. Krespi

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbdude
Total Newbie

My visit to Dr. Krespi

Post by bbdude »

I went first to an ENT as a part of yearly rounds of all sorts of checks to find a cure to my BB. He did a quick endoscopy of my nose and throat. Didn't find anything. Decided to recommend me a doctor named Krespi who happens to have been known as an "expert" in this field in NYC.
So I went to him. The usual questions first. Then he examined my tongue a bit. Did another endoscopy down my nose himself. Went after poking my tunsils around (tears were coming down my eyes at this point). Asked about my dental examinations and hygene. Surprisingly he didn't ask at all my gastrointestinal conditions at all (which kind of indicated to me that's he's not really researching my problem but rather trying to fit a solution to it).
He suggested two therapies:
1. zapping the minor deposits in my tunsils. He told me I had deep tonsil pockets. this one was covered by the insurance.
2. zapping the back of tongue on a regular basis (chi-ching). this is not covered and is a $500 charge and is likely to be repeated.

I selected the first one and went in a week after not knowing what it was.
He started burining the surface of my tunsils in selective areas. Despite the anesthetic injections I could still feel it. It took one hour and sent me back. I couldn't go back to the office after that. The pain was increasingly getting worse by the minute.
Luckily it was a Friday and I had the weekend to recover. This was a really painful and awkward procedure since I could not drink, eat, or swallow my saliva because of the pain.
The medication included antibiotics, gargling with Hydrogen peroxide and some other soothing meds.
The first two weeks went well. The coating on my tongue was almost gone. I could not smell the BB in my nose. One single brushing would result in no BB until the next meal. I didn't ask anyone to check my breath but by the reaction and the fact that I started talking over shorter distances to people without getting anyone to sneeze or touch their nose, I could tell that I'm a lot better.
Starting week 3 everything went back to normal shit.
I will never go back to him and I know that his tongue procedure is going to be useless as well.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

wow, thank you for that, yes anything done on tonsils huts like shit.

so apparently he zapped the bacteria away and then they came back
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic