Your Email Address:

First Name:

Center for Breath Treatment or National Breath Center

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
feelitagain

Center for Breath Treatment or National Breath Center

Post by feelitagain »

Hi guys,

I recently finished oralvital program and it was a failure..Upon further research I have found center for breath treatment which is lead by Dr. Dailley and National Breath Center which is lead by Dr. Miller.

Any of you guys have experiences or heard of them?

Thanks in advance..

Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

I've been to Dr Dailey's office.
Basically what he does is uses a machine he has (halimeter) to check if your bad breath comes from your mouth or your sinuses.

So you blow air from your mouth into the machine and it calculates the number of sulfur particles and then blow air from your nose into the machine to check the sinuses.

Then depending on the results he either prescribes a mouthwash (and tries to sell you a toothbrush etc) or something for your sinuses.

He will ask you to use his products multiple times a day and come back the next day to check for bad breath. And based on the machine (again) he will tell you that your bad breath is gone etc..

My advice is don't go, and here is why:

- too expensive
- not reliable: He just relies on a machine and tells you that your bad breath comes from your mouth or sinuses most of the time (seriously?). My point is it's not a deep and serious analysis of your breath.
- He will prescribe you products that are unhealthy for you: Mouthwash is made of alcohol and is expensive. Everyone knows that long term use of an alcohol based mouthwash has consequences.
- he will try to sell you stuff

If you want to try the mouthwash/toothpaste: It's called dioxirins: http://frontierpharm.com/products/dioxi ... hwash-32oz

He will tell you to use a tongue scraper + toothpaste + mouthwash daily. And once a day (in the morning), after brushing+mouthwash, dip your toothbrush in perioRX and brush your tongue with it and leave it for like 30 second and spit it out. Then don't drink/eat for 30 min.

After 6 months, he will tell you to try to stop using PerioRX and see how it goes.

Anyways, waste of money..

It seems like those people will sell you things that you have to use for the rest of your life -- but usually those products are unhealthy and are only a temporary solution if you care about your health.
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

Thanks for the reply.

I did not find any complaints when I was researching on them. They even had a high grade on BBB.

It is crucial for me to find someone who have dealt with halitosis issue as I feel like most of the dentist are really not familiar with the problem.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

feelitagain wrote:Thanks for the reply.

I did not find any complaints when I was researching on them. They even had a high grade on BBB.

It is crucial for me to find someone who have dealt with halitosis issue as I feel like most of the dentist are really not familiar with the problem.
Yeah I remember finding only positive reviews about him.

You can give it a try but again he's prescribing what he sells on his website.
alwayshoping

Post by alwayshoping »

I visited Dr Dailey's office in SF too and agree 100% with Trunks99. I would say don't bother.

But at the same time, I know how you're feeling and appreciate you may want to try it for yourself. So if you have a spare $1,000 - I say, give it a go.

It is truly devastating though how he is making so much money off vulnerable people suffering from such a terrible condition.

:(
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

@alwayshoping, do you live in Cali or you had to fly out?
alwayshoping

Post by alwayshoping »

I am from Australia! But I was living in Southern Cali temporarily so I flew up to San Fran… so yes added cost of flights :(
sije
Total Newbie

Post by sije »

I've tried the full packages from Dr. Dailley although I never came to his clinic as I'm from Europe.

I emailed him and explained in detail my symptoms etc. and based on this he gave me a list of products that I should try and I have to say that some of his products do work although they are no miracle cure.

When I wrote back to him to give him feedback on the products, he turned out to be quite rude. I wrote that I was very thankful to have experienced some form of relieve and that I had come closer to identifying the underlying cause (which I believe is sinus related) but that my breath was still no way normal.
He then responded that he didn't believe that I wasn't cured and that I was just another halitophobic even though I only just a few days before heard a young child in a train comment to his mom on my breath.

I therefore lost all my sympathy for this man and haven't written to him since then. One thing is that we have to deal with this incredibly painful disease but to basically be called a lunatic is to me just downright evil.

I'm therefore not happy to write this but I think you should give his products a try (IMO trying something is better than doing nothing). I think my breath has decreased by 50% by using his products but don't expect miracles.
yergql
Total Newbie

Post by yergql »

I too tried all of the products from Dr. Dailley, Sinus irrigator, hydrofloss, philips sonic tooth brush, mouth wash, toothpaste, tongue gel, breathgemz, closys breath spray, essentially every product he sells. I even purchased several months supply in my first purchase since I was so convinced this would work based on the reviews on HIS website. After the first month of following the directions exactly how they were written I called for my "free consultation". I explained that I wasn't seeing any results from this treatment at which time he rudely stated I was suffering from psychological problems and I wasn't assessing the smell of my breath correctly. I haven't ordered anymore products or called for another consultation.

I think this is his way of justifying a 99 percent cure!! If the products didn't work you must be crazy and imagining you have bad breath is answer to you. It's a shame that he gets away with this false advertisement. I spent over a 1000.00 in his products because I was so convinced by his website.

A HUGE RED FLAG FOR EVERYONE SHOULD BE THE LACK OF ANY INDEPENDENT REVIEWS FOR HIS PRODUCTS!!!

I should have investigated this first but I didn't. Apparently he quashes any negative reviews about his products.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

yergql wrote:I too tried all of the products from Dr. Dailley, Sinus irrigator, hydrofloss, philips sonic tooth brush, mouth wash, toothpaste, tongue gel, breathgemz, closys breath spray, essentially every product he sells. I even purchased several months supply in my first purchase since I was so convinced this would work based on the reviews on HIS website. After the first month of following the directions exactly how they were written I called for my "free consultation". I explained that I wasn't seeing any results from this treatment at which time he rudely stated I was suffering from psychological problems and I wasn't assessing the smell of my breath correctly. I haven't ordered anymore products or called for another consultation.

I think this is his way of justifying a 99 percent cure!! If the products didn't work you must be crazy and imagining you have bad breath is answer to you. It's a shame that he gets away with this false advertisement. I spent over a 1000.00 in his products because I was so convinced by his website.

A HUGE RED FLAG FOR EVERYONE SHOULD BE THE LACK OF ANY INDEPENDENT REVIEWS FOR HIS PRODUCTS!!!

I should have investigated this first but I didn't. Apparently he quashes any negative reviews about his products.
It's bad to take advantage of people in distress. Do you live in Berkeley or did you have t ofly out?
yergql
Total Newbie

Post by yergql »

I had a phone consultation and then ordered ALL of the products on his website. I made such a huge order based on the success rate that his website claims. After using the products for a month I called back for another consultation, and was also ready to make an appointment to go to the office because I was told that a severe case would require an office visit in order to get prescription meds. However my conversation with the Dr. changed my mind instantly because all he was saying was that I probably didn't have bad breath and I was imagining all of it since I felt his products didn't make any improvements for me. I kept asking about coming into the office but he was actually discouraging about that!!

I feel that he uses this theory justify the success of his products. It funny though that he won't make a diagnosis about your halitosis over the phone, BUT he will make a diagnosis of psychogenic halitosis over the phone. The funny part is that he is not licensed to make a psychological diagnosis!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic