Your Email Address:

First Name:

Thinking of getting tonsils out? Any advise?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
johntaylorny

Thinking of getting tonsils out? Any advise?

Post by johntaylorny »

My next step in my 40 year fight with BB is to get my tonsils out. I had an ENT doctor look at them and he said they look fine, are small, not infected. I don't know what else to do at this point. My bb is soooooo bad. I have a bad taste of metal/sulfer constantly. My bb is the 'rotten egg' smell type. If I breath (exhale) heavy with my mouth closed I can smell it. No amount of brushing, tongue scrapping, etc helps. It's not dental related-my teeth/gums are perfect. Even after brushing & gargling it seems like I've just masked the odor and nasty taste on my tongue. I can still taste the bad stuff thru the flavor of the toothpaste. If I eat garlic omg when I talk or breath people on the other side of the room can smell it that's how bad it is. After not brushing my teeth for 8+hrs on the job my bb is so bad it smells up the room.

Could it be tonsil or back of throat related?

everhopeful81

Post by everhopeful81 »

I am similar. I have been wondering if one can actually get bad breath from tonsils without usual symptoms (tonsil stones/inflammation). I spoke to a fellow sufferer today who said that it is possible though the best thing is to try & test the smell by using cotton buds in the tonsil area (I found it really difficult to get back there..). Maybe give that a go..

Have you explored stomach/digestion/allergy issues? Perhaps prior to this it's worth getting an endoscopy..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic