Your Email Address:

First Name:

New Here; Starting dairy/gluten/sugar free today

Tell us your story with bad breath
rin9060
Total Newbie

New Here; Starting dairy/gluten/sugar free today

Post by rin9060 »

I feel like I could cut and paste other people's stories on this website...I'm going through the same thing. I've been coming to this website for a couple of months but finally decided to join. Thank you, everyone...knowing I'm not alone makes a big difference.

I've had BB for over ten years (I'm a 29 year old female). I probably have the best oral hygiene one could have - and yet nothing helps. People comment on my smile and ask me how I get my teeth so white; it's probably because I brush/floss/clean so much. And yet, I always have that white coating on my tongue. I have friends, a job, go to nursing school, etc. but it's becoming increasingly more difficult for me. I've found myself becoming less and less social. I don't know if the BB is getting worse or I'm just exhausted from dealing with this for over a decade. Some days I will just cancel plans because I'd rather be alone and not have to worry about other people smelling my breath. I chew AT LEAST a 24 pack of gum a day. My jaw literally hurts all the time. I only feel like I can speak directly to someone if I just popped a piece of gum less than a minute ago. Sometimes I have gum in my mouth and someone offers me a piece of gum....awkward. I appreciate their "help" but they don't even understand how aware I am of the problem... and if only chewing gum/popping a mint were the solution!

I've done it all. Deep cleaning, religious tongue scraping, peroxide, hibiclens, baking soda, grapefruit seed extract, spent a small fortune on products like TheraBreath and BreathRX.... nothing really works. There may be "better days" but at this point I honestly think if I woke up tomorrow BB free (a miracle), I still would avoid speaking directly to people, chew gum etc. because it has caused such irreversible anxiety for me.

Today, I decided to start the whole dairy/refined sugar/gluten free thing. I don't have much hope because nothing has helped in the past. I almost don't want to do it because if this doesn't help, I'm out of options and I need some kind of hope to hold on to.

People are dying and starving in the world and I'm sitting here complaining about BB but I truly think only others that have experienced this (likely you if you are reading this) know just how much of a negative impact it can have on your life. I'm so jealous sometimes of people who don't have this problem. I see people whispering to each other or laughing in each others faces and I'm like yeah....I'd never do that. What a crappy way to live!

Feel free to comment/message me. I could use some support and will lend my support to you as well. The good thing about this is that we are not alone. Thanks for taking the time to read, writing this out actually made me feel a little better.

MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

Hello
Firstly, I would seriously cut down on the chewing gum. That could actually be making your breath worse. Maybe just chew a piece after eating. I dont chew gum.at all.
The sugar and dairy free diet will do wonders for your breath. Id also try cutting down on meat and get plenty of fruit and veg in your system. Eat an apple 'before' meals.
Id also start drinking hot water with a pinch of 'turmeric' in.
Have you been tested for Tmau? If not maybe try the 'no choline' diet for a few weeks.
Good luck with Ur diet
rin9060
Total Newbie

Post by rin9060 »

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that a sugar and dairy free diet should have a positive result. I'm going to cut down on the meat as well, maybe just sticking with occasional chicken instead of red meat. I just want to make sure I'm getting enough protein.

I can't even fathom not chewing gum but you might be right. The thought of not having it makes me uneasy but maybe I'll give it a try. At the very least, my jaw will thank me.

I wasn't familiar with Tmau so I just looked it up. I wouldn't say my breath is fishy and that seems to be the telltale sign. I'll look into the no choline diet though, it's definitely worth a shot. I'll also try the hot water with turmeric.

Thanks so much for the suggestions, I really appreciate it, take care!
doop

Post by doop »

I have sent you private message.
alwayshoping

Post by alwayshoping »

I also sent you a pm :)
rin9060
Total Newbie

Post by rin9060 »

Just a little update. Day 6 of the diet. Haven't really noticed too much of a difference. Have lost 6 pounds, I guess I should be eating more calories. I've been trying to cut back on the gum but it's really hard. Today I purchased probiotics, a bottle of digestive enzymes, and aloe for digestion. I'm going to use these in conjunction with my no dairy/gluten/refined sugar diet experimentation. Let you know how it goes!
aDude

hi there

Post by aDude »

hi rin,
I'd love to help you.
you can read my post about how i got rid of my BB:
viewtopic.php?t=6287

Please feel free to ask me questions and I'll do my best to shed plenty of light :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic