Your Email Address:

First Name:

Median Rhomboid Glossitis on Tongue + Candida?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
dollymary1

Median Rhomboid Glossitis on Tongue + Candida?

Post by dollymary1 »

Hi, I have recently noticed I have median rhomboid glossitis on my tongue. If you are not familiar, it is a red or dark pink patch on the centre of the tongue. This is thought to be caused by a fungal infection. I do also have a heavily coated white tongue , and when I scrap this off, it has a pungent smell, not bad, just pungent.

I do believe this coated tongue is causing my bad breath, my dentist has said my gums are great and I can't think of another cause for which I have the symptoms. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I going along the right lines here? I feel like I'm putting hope in nothing but you never know.

Another reason why I feel like this is the cause as I have noticed lately even people with, what looks like, bad teeth, for example my mother, have a perfectly pink tongue and no bad breath. I have paying close attention to peoples tongues, those without bad breath have a pink tongue, no matter what state their teeth are in.

If you search the cause of bad breath, a lot of sites say a coating on the tongue, which is caused by something else, e.g. Fungus, causes bad breath. I have always ignored this from websites but it does seem logical and realistic.

I am getting an impacted wisdom tooth removed in a few weeks, which stinks. So I'm going to get the ball rolling from then with my tongue issue.

Thanks

rin9060
Total Newbie

Post by rin9060 »

Hi! I totally understand what you're saying about looking at other peoples tongues. I do that all the time, even people on TV etc. It's so weird how people I KNOW have poor oral hygiene or eat the worst foods don't have a tongue coating! I went out with a friend of mine for dinner a week or so ago. I ate very blandly (for obvious reasons). She had a huge salad with onions, all kinds of cheese (blue cheese, etc), and garlic chicken on top. I noticed later when we went out for drinks and she was speaking that she had no bad breath or tongue coating whatsoever. Keep us posted on the wisdom teeth and fungal control. Here's hoping one of us has a breakthrough and can share it with others! Good luck :)
dollymary1

Post by dollymary1 »

rin9060 wrote:Hi! I totally understand what you're saying about looking at other peoples tongues. I do that all the time, even people on TV etc. It's so weird how people I KNOW have poor oral hygiene or eat the worst foods don't have a tongue coating! I went out with a friend of mine for dinner a week or so ago. I ate very blandly (for obvious reasons). She had a huge salad with onions, all kinds of cheese (blue cheese, etc), and garlic chicken on top. I noticed later when we went out for drinks and she was speaking that she had no bad breath or tongue coating whatsoever. Keep us posted on the wisdom teeth and fungal control. Here's hoping one of us has a breakthrough and can share it with others! Good luck :)

Thank you for your lovely reply! Sometimes I feel like I'm making this situation more complicated than it is, for example I always consider TMAU and other sources which are very rare. I can totally relate to what you said about your friend eating onions etc. loads of my friends eat tuna and onion and garlic and NEVER smell or have a tongue coating.

I find it strange that some people with impacted wisdom teeth or really bad tonsil stone never seem to have bad breath. I have a friend who has strep throat and tonsillitis like 4 times a year, his tonsils are really cryptic and he has BAD tonsil stones but his breath never smells, the only time it does is when he has strep throat or tonsillitis, then his breath smells faintly of hospitals but nothing bad.

I will keep you posted on my wisdom tooth removal, I don't believe this is the cure but my left one stinks like crazy! I'm waiting until after the removal to visit the doctors about fungal infections, I like to work on one cause at a time.

Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic