Your Email Address:

First Name:

Ileocecal Valve Syndrome

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hali_grl
Sheriff

Ileocecal Valve Syndrome

Post by hali_grl »

What is the Ileocecal Valve?
The Ileocecal Valve is located between the ileum (last portion of your small intestine) and the cecum (first portion of your large intestine). Its function is to allow digested food materials to pass from the small intestine into your large intestine. The ileocecal valve also blocks these waste materials from backing back up into your small intestine. It is intended to be a one-way valve, only opening up to allow processed foods to pass through.

Ileocecal Valve Syndrome
When the ileocecal valve is stuck open waste products can back up into the small intestine (much like a backed up kitchen sink drain) disturbing your digestion and also creating unhealthy toxins that are absorbed into the body. Also, if the ileocecal valve is stuck closed waste products are prevented or constricted from passing into the large intestine.

Unfortunately, this disorder is often overlooked by the medical profession. A dysfunctional ileocecal valve can result in a combination of symptoms.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... n17209639/
Assessment of the patient with ileocecal valve syndrome will often present with the following symptoms, which can be associated with a functional or secondary ileocecal valve syndrome associated with organic disease:

* Dizziness

* Dark circles under the eyes

* Fatigue

* Fetid breath

* General malaise

* Headache

* Low back pain

* Nausea

* Pain around the heart

* Palpitations

* Pseudo hypochlorhydria

* Pseudo sacroiliac strain

* Pseudo sinus infection

* Shoulder pain (pseudo bursitis)

* Sudden thirst

* Syncope

* Tinnitus

* Water retention

Foul breath and body odor may occur due to the detoxification process taken over by the lungs and skin as a consequence of the ileum absorbing the toxic products regurgitated from the colon. Periodontal problems need to be ruled out in the case of foul breath.

ruthere1
Junior

Post by ruthere1 »

thanks for that insightful post! we need to all go to a doctor with a list of everything they need to test us for to help determine the cause of our bad breath.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

That's very true but personally speaking im unemployed w/ no insurance, medicaid, nothing. So ive been having to self diagnose this ileocecal valve syndrome makes sense for my problem i have every single symptom listed no exaggeration i have been esp having shoulder and back chest tightening and palpitations for awhile u know what since my bb wow.....
If you have fecal breath, gi disturbances, and some of the symp's pls read the links or look into this.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

http://www.doctordanchiro.net/Ileo-CecalValve.htm
Causes of Ileocecal Valve Syndrome

•Dehydration
•Emotional upsets
•How you eat (overeating, eating too frequently, eating too quickly, eating foods you are sensitive to, under-chewing your food)
•Foods you eat (carbonated drinks, alcohol, caffeine, chocolate, raw foods, hot spicy foods, tiny seeds)
Treating Ileocecal Valve Syndrome

Treatment options for ileocecal valve syndrome are chiropractic adjustments, applied kinesiology, and diet modifications.

Temporary Diet Recommendations During Treatment For two to three weeks--Avoid:
•Roughage foods--such as: popcorn, nuts, potato chips, pretzels, seeds, whole grains, berries
•Raw fruits and vegetables--such as: celery, bell peppers, cucumbers, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes
•Spicy foods--such as: chili powder, hot peppers, salsas, black and cayenne pepper, paprika, cloves, cinnamon
•Comfort foods -- chocolate, caffeine, alcohol, carbonated drinks

*Note: A low roughage diet is not recommended for the long term.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hali_girl, the discussions in this thread may be of interest to you:-
viewtopic.php?t=2529&postdays=0&postord ... ve&start=0
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Let's just continue the discussion in this thread. This is a striking theory, as it fit s a lot of my symptoms and just makes a lot of sense.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

this makes so much sense to me as well i feel like my lungs are expelling this rancid smell through my mouth and nose. i read that 90% of valves are stuck open and only 10% are stuck closed i think im that 10% food is just stuck in the small intestines leaking toxins etc through my body.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hali_grl are these percentages representing those diagnosed as having a problem with their valve or is this generally referring to everyone?

I would have thought that the purpose of this valve was to allow intestinal contents to only ever pass in one direction as contents are passed along, keeping the small intestine completely separate from the large. Each section of the intestine has these valves but the reason why this one is so important is that it separates putrifying contents of the large intestine with with non-putrifying contents of the small intestine.

I can completely imagine what might happen if "shit" was allowed to go in the wrong direction, but I cant really see how, if this valve just stayed stuck-closed or was lazy to open or whatever, how it would lead to any problems relating to BB because having a naturally slower than normal intestinal motility is not a known cause of BB.

There may be other digestive issues that cause problems with this valve, such as parasites or IBS etc.

If the valve was stuck open, or wasn't sealing off very well, then natural pressure would allow "shit" to pass into the small intestine, where intestinal contents are not normally putrifying. You would then end up with a degree of SIBO and a part of the small intestine, which would normally be absorbing non-putrified contents, would then be absorbing putrified contents. Toxins and malodourous chemicals and compounds would then enter the bloodstream leading to BB via exactly the same pathway that spicy foods, for example, get absorbed from the intestines and released via the skin and lungs etc.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

So basically what I'm saying is, I think it's more likely that a stuck-open valve could lead to BB than stuck-closed valve, for the reasons I've just mentioned.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

sux
im sorry those w/ a dysfunctional *icv is 90% open and 10% closed
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

sux
if the valve is stuck closed then food can get trapped in the small intestines and rot and become toxic those putrid toxins can penetrate the small intestines and spread throughout the body then the liver is working over time to rid these toxins by detoxifying through the skin (causing bo) and lungs (causing bb).

if its stuck open then food from the large intestines which is even more toxic can back up into the small intestine creating the same issues.

if you have most of your symptoms exhaustion, muscleaches, headaches, etc in the morning it is said to be a closed icv.

****the skin is the largest detoxifying organ on the body which is why sweat & sauna therapy is so popular listen to your body if you have bo its your body detoxifying itself of large amounts of putrid toxins through the skin.
Last edited by hali_grl on Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

http://www.transformationpowertools.com ... e-syndrome
The working of the ileocecal valve can be disrupted in two ways:
- first, it could stay open most of the time. As a result, the food to be digested would pass through the small intestines too fast, too few nutrients would be absorbed, and the mostly undigested food would enter the colon, where bacterial processes could cause a lot of gas; and you might experience diarrhea.
- Second, the ileocecal valve could be shut most of the time. Food would the stay for too long in the small intestines, and could start to rot and cause gas in the small intestines; toxins from the rotting food could be absorbed into you system and force the liver to work overtime; you could feel bloated, and experience constipation.

http://www.doctordanchiro.net/Ileo-CecalValve.htm

When the ICV is not functioning properly, either stuck closed or stuck open, there is an imbalance in the digestive system which leads to many problems in the body. One is malabsorption, a problem where nutrients, vitamins and minerals are not being absorbed. In the case of malabsorption, you may be eating the right types of food packed with important nutrition, vitamins and minerals but you are not absorbing them. The same would be true with the nutritional supplements you may be taking, they are literally going down the toilet. The old saying, “You are what you eat” is not true, it should be, “You are what you eat, chew, digest, absorb and assimilate.”

Another problem that can arise from the ICV not working properly is toxicity. If the valve is stuck closed, the food is sitting there too long and continues to break down and will eventually start to rot and putrefy. The toxins will then be absorbed through the walls of the small intestine. Your liver is then overloaded as it tries to keep the intestines clean and handle the toxins. The ICV can also be stuck open so that the previously digested foods in the large intestine may back up into the small intestine and again you will have a toxicity problem. ICV problems can cause many symptoms such as shoulder pain, low back pain, pain around the heart, dizziness, flu symptoms, pseudo bursitis, pseudo sacroiliac pain, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), nausea, faintness, pseudo sinus infection, pseudo hypochlorhydria, headache, sudden thirst, pallor, dark circles under the eyes, bowel involvement and more.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Ok, either way it could cause putrification in the small intestine which could lead to BB either directly through absorption of foul smelling chemicals into the bloodstream and out through the skin/lungs etc, or by the effects of toxification on the various organs like you say. I know I've read somewhere that stated that the contents of the small intestine never ever putrify unless there's a problem that is allowing the wrong kinds of bacteria to be present in there. The only 2 ways I can imagine this happening is if bacteria gets past your stomach because of low acidity, or somehow it's getting there from the large intestine in some way, such as this valve not functioning the way it's supposed to be.

I wonder how many of us were ever told about this possibility by our useless doctors.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

I just dont get it. Over 2000 members, most of whom suspect their digestive system, and no one has anything to say?
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Everyone's caught up in trying B vitamins and chinese herbs.

I'm doing the B vitamins myself, but having read all that info on the Ileocecal Valve makes me think it's almost silly to think it could be anything but this.. I makes so much sense!

We're running in circles talking about overdosing on supplements or gargling for 15 minutes straight, candida, outrageous diets, toxin cleanses... and here's a simple but apparent cause probably responsible for a majority of chronic BB cases.

Hali_grl, if Ileocecal Valve dysfunction is your problem too, it's probably an open valve.. If it's open, we're basically, as someone else put it, eating our own shit, which is backing up into the small intestine. Also it's not giving enough time for proper digestion.. But as halitosisux said, both open or close would give the same result.

Is there anything beyond de-stressing that could put more control into the valve? Being completely involuntary, it's probably not something we can learn to control... who's to say that even if I become completely stress free, I'll regain control of a faulty valve? I'll have my parasite killing medicine in the next couple days... I would be ****ing thrilled if parasites were responsible and I totally nailed them, putting control back into the valve.

Forget funny mouth smells, nose molds, invisible enemies like candida,.... None of those things easily explains breath that smells like your own shit...
I do have sinus problems.. I do have allergies.. I do have eczema which is fungus related.... might even have the vitamin B deficiency.. ALL symptoms of such digestion failure and weak immune system.

I hope others can bring more to the table on this, and hopefully there are doctors and medical info out there on the subject.

It really does explain the shitty fart breath like nothing else can. Why else would someone's breath smelled like poo? More often than not, the simplest possibilities are the true ones.We're eating our own shit! That's why our breath stinks!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic