Your Email Address:

First Name:

Water Fast / Honey Water Fast

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Trunks99
Advanced

Water Fast / Honey Water Fast

Post by Trunks99 »

I came across a post (see below) about how a kid cured himself from TMAU by doing a 2 week water fast with probiotics. His TMAU originated from bad bacteria in his gut. I'm thinking if the type of bad breath you have comes from your gut (bacteria imbalance) then this should work hopefully.

I'm thinking of trying the fast with water/honey only... Honey has been know for its antibacterial properties:

"How Honey Kills Bacteria
It dries them up. The high sugar content dehydrates bacteria.
It produces hydrogen peroxide. When diluted with, say, body fluids, enzymes in the honey create a small amount of hydrogen peroxide. Enough to kill bacteria.
Its enzymes create antibacterial chemicals we’re just beginning to isolate. Some types of honey produce more of these chemicals than others. Some don’t produce much at all. "

TMAU CURE POST:

"Alright, I'm going to try and keep this short, as I'm trying to put this stage of my life behind me.

A little about myself
- I turned 18 in June
- I'm starting university in the Fall, so I was determined to rid myself of it before I started the school year
- It started in grade 11. I was in the IB program, so the constant stress from schoolwork and the severe lack of sleep (3 or 4 hours a night) messed up my insides
- I'm still waiting on my results, but I'm fairly certain that my TMAU was the secondary version; caused by bacteria
- My situation wasn't as bad as the rest of yours, as my friends tried their hardest to act like they didn't smell anything, and I was never teased since most people know me as a chill and funny guy
- I still went through that suicidal depression phase though lol

How did I cure it?
I did a two week water fast. Some of you might remember me asking about it earlier this year. PLEASE DO RESEARCH ON THIS TOPIC, AS THERE ARE CERTAIN PEOPLE WHOSE BODIES ARE NOT SUITED FOR THIS AND COULD DIE. It's rare, but in my UNPROFESSIONAL opinion, I suggest doing a three day water fast under supervision, just to test the waters and make sure you can do the 14 day fast.

This is how I saw it:
I smell because I have a large amount of bad bacteria in my gut which feed off of my food, right? So logically, the way to beat it would be to cut off their food supply with a water fast, and lower their numbers by taking probiotics during the fast. And that's what I did.

The brand of probiotics that I took is called "Jamieson Natural Sources - Probiotics 10 Billion Active Cells." You should be able to find it at Walmart.

I took a capsule 3 times a day -- one at 9:00 AM, one at 4:00 PM, and one at 10:00 PM. I also made sure to boil water and drink multiple cups throughout the day, as they help with bowels movements -- and bowel movements are crucial for your recovery.

You should have a "special" bowel movment, and you'll recognize it when it happens. It'll be hard, dark, and smelly (from the bacteria in your gut, I assume).

From that point onward, your smell should be decrease noticably with every probiotic capsule. With me, I can (or could haha) smell myself when I rub my hands together and sniff my palms. Once I had "that" bowel movement, the smell in my palm disappeared with 2 or 3 more capsules. This happened on Day 9 of my fast, but I continued to Day 14 just to be sure.

When I completed my fast, I spent a few days carefully refeeding (VERY IMPORTANT), then went out in public to look for reactions.

Nothing.

I've been eating bread (with soy lecithin in it), granola cereal with milk, loaaaads of peanut butter, rice, beans, chicken, all that goodness that I've had to avoid.

No reactions. Safe to say I'm cured.

Honestly, there's still a bit of paranoia. I mean, there are people who have suffered with this condition for many years, how can expect to fix my situation with such relative ease?

Regardless, that seems to be the case, and now I'm going to do my part and help who I can.

Once again, I'm no health professional. I'm an 18 year old black kid who likes watching anime and listening to music. PLEASE, PLEAAAAASE DO SUFFICIENT RESEARCH ON WATER FASTS BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS. I wish you all the best of luck. I'll try and answer any questions you have.

A little about the fast:
You'll be hungry for the first three days, but after that, your body will enter a state called "ketosis", where you'll be burning fat for energy instead of the usual glucose, and hunger will stop.

You'll be weak and bored, but it'll all be worth it. I coped by watching anime and napping.

Once again, good luck. Hopefully you'll be able to return to the life you once enjoyed. "

Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

First day through fastin., I bought small bottles of water and added about a tablespoon of honey into each bottle. I'm drinking honey + water for breakfast, lunch, and dinner time; rest of the day, just water.

I will be fasting until Friday then starting next week I will be trying the 5:2 diet -> two day fast, 5 days of normal eating. Apparently it helped few people with IBS: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/ibs-cured/

I'll keep updating this thread even though I'm not getting any response from people.
Atrial
Advanced

Hi

Post by Atrial »

Not sure if your plan will work mainly because fasting for 2 weeks is really hard.
If your problem is gut related, I have better idea for you.
Why don't you go on 800g of honey mixed with water diet.
That will give you about 2200 calories a day.
You won't be hungry or lose weight.

At the moment I'm getting half my daily calories from honey and the other half from rice.
And I use milk of magnesia as laxative twice a day.
Results much much less reactions almost 80% less reaction.
Not sure if I'm cured.
Most fermentation happens in colon.
Food stays there about 30-48 hours.
With milk of magnesia food stays there about 2 hours and it stops water retention from colon to blood.
Trunks99
Advanced

Re: Hi

Post by Trunks99 »

Atrial wrote:Not sure if your plan will work mainly because fasting for 2 weeks is really hard.
If your problem is gut related, I have better idea for you.
Why don't you go on 800g of honey mixed with water diet.
That will give you about 2200 calories a day.
You won't be hungry or lose weight.

At the moment I'm getting half my daily calories from honey and the other half from rice.
And I use milk of magnesia as laxative twice a day.
Results much much less reactions almost 80% less reaction.
Not sure if I'm cured.
Most fermentation happens in colon.
Food stays there about 30-48 hours.
With milk of magnesia food stays there about 2 hours and it stops water retention from colon to blood.
Thanks for the advice.

Not sure if it's healthy to ingest that much honey daily. I'll have to research about it. I could maybe increase my intake to 2 tbsp/meal.

Careful with laxatives, they can harm your digestive tract long term.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Honey is mainly made of fructose and glucose.
Your body will turn food you eat to glucose anyways
I have been on this diet about a month and no side effects at all.
Starving yourself will not help in long term any bacteria you kill by stopping eating will come back within days once you start normal diet.
Try your fasting and let us know.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Day 2:

I'm feeling pretty well. I'm not tired, no headache,and not that hungry. I fasted in the past (I'm religious) and so my body is probably just used to it. I've researched online and found that some people were experiencing headaches, dizziness etc.. but I haven't experienced any of that so far.

I went to the bathroom once today.

And most importantly, no bad breath at all -- which encourages me to fast one more day. I wish I could fast longer, but I have to drive to work on Friday.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

If you are reading this, please get medical supervision.
I don't recommend anyone trying this on his/her own.

I'm trying it on my own because I've fasted in the past.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Day 3:

I broke my fast because I needed to.
I had bad breath yesterday night -- not sure why.

I had a glass of juice at noon (homemade) and my breath is ok for now. I will have a meal later in the afternoon (re-feeding slowly) and I'll update the thread tomorrow to let you know how I am feeling.

I'm convinced that a long term fast (under medical supervision) can help reduce/cure bad breath that originates from the stomach.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Water fasting is really hard. It works but it's unhealthy and short term solution.
Try low choline diet and milk of magnesia.
Let me know if you want to find out the details
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Atrial wrote:Water fasting is really hard. It works but it's unhealthy and short term solution.
Try low choline diet and milk of magnesia.
Let me know if you want to find out the details
I don't think it's unhealthy. There are clinics in the US that offer water fast as a treatment option.

Also, there has been research showing how fasting is positive for one's health.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

My bad breath is probably still present but it might have diminished -- not sure though. I don't think I fasted long enough.

On the other hand, my skin looks better that's for sure.

@Atrial: I didn't really find it hard to fast. It's not difficult because your stomach will shrink at some point and you won't feel the hunger anymore.
But again, I'm used to it so maybe it will be more difficult for you.
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Guys, fasting helped me with my gums. Only two days and my gums improved by 80%.

If your gums hurt when you floss, try fasting.
Anita
Total Newbie

Post by Anita »

Curiosity . You still alive ? good luck
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Anita wrote:Curiosity . You still alive ? good luck
Haha Thanks for asking, yes I am.
I'm going to see a doctor at the end of this month. It's a GI that only offers natural treatment options, no antibiotics = only supplements + diet, or water fast.

Since I'm working full time, I stopped fasting.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic