Your Email Address:

First Name:

PATM

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
somethinstinks
Advanced

PATM

Post by somethinstinks »

What the heck is PATM? I know what it stands for but does it really exist or is it a way of making yourself feel better. What causes someone to think or know they have PATM? Do you really believe people are allergic to you? I'm more inclined to believe that people are reacting to something about you (ie. halitosis/b.o.) than simply allergic to you... but i could be misguided. is PATM real?

mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

Patm is real-reactions are real-main reason i think is bacterial overgrowth somewhere in the body.Antibiotics can kill the bacteria but not the reactions because antibiotics are chemicals like poison-it's complicated.Maybe we have to kill the bacteria with antibiotics first and then we have to clean our body in a natural way to beat PATM.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

mindspace wrote:Patm is real-reactions are real-main reason i think is bacterial overgrowth somewhere in the body.Antibiotics can kill the bacteria but not the reactions because antibiotics are chemicals like poison-it's complicated.Maybe we have to kill the bacteria with antibiotics first and then we have to clean our body in a natural way to beat PATM.
so how would one know if they have PATM? what are the symptoms? or are they the same as someone with halitosis?
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

scratching,coughing,rub nose,sneezing etc.
mindspace
Advanced

Post by mindspace »

That's the reactions of other people to those who have PATM.Some people have Patm reactions and bad breath both,but many people have PATM reactons and they don't have bad breath and there's no reactions if you have only bad breath-yes people can smell you but that's it.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

mindspace wrote:That's the reactions of other people to those who have PATM.Some people have Patm reactions and bad breath both,but many people have PATM reactons and they don't have bad breath and there's no reactions if you have only bad breath-yes people can smell you but that's it.
has this been proven or have any studies been done on this? i'm skeptical as I'm pretty sure if everytime i was around someone i had to rub my nose and cough, sneeze, etc, I would say something like "hey, it's weird that everytime I'm near you I get a nose itch". If you haven't heard that then my guess is it's something else.
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

I am nearly positive PATM exists. I think it coincides with having some kind of predisposition to being smelly.

The reason I believe it exists is that I notice people nose rubbing, sneeze, etc around me (mainly after I've spoken), and have literally asked people why they either keep sneezing, nose rubbing, or whatever. Most of the time they think I'm asking the weirdest question in the world and genuinely seem confused as to why I'd ask that. However I have one coworker in particular who's nose runs and he sneezes and rubs, everything, and I've asked him before, to which he's replied: "i've having allergies right now but I don't know why, it isn't that time of the year".

My theory on this for myself anyways has to do with how quickly my hair, skin, and nails grow. I think the tongue papilla grow quickly for me also (and I think they're made of Keratin like hair and skin and nails). Those hairs trap little bits of debris and I project that stuff outwards causing allergies in people. I don't know if that stuff smells but I assume if it builds long enough (dry mouth for a while, or haven't scrapped in a while) it will start smelling bad and caking up.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

ExhaleSafely wrote:I am nearly positive PATM exists. I think it coincides with having some kind of predisposition to being smelly.

The reason I believe it exists is that I notice people nose rubbing, sneeze, etc around me (mainly after I've spoken), and have literally asked people why they either keep sneezing, nose rubbing, or whatever. Most of the time they think I'm asking the weirdest question in the world and genuinely seem confused as to why I'd ask that. However I have one coworker in particular who's nose runs and he sneezes and rubs, everything, and I've asked him before, to which he's replied: "i've having allergies right now but I don't know why, it isn't that time of the year".

My theory on this for myself anyways has to do with how quickly my hair, skin, and nails grow. I think the tongue papilla grow quickly for me also (and I think they're made of Keratin like hair and skin and nails). Those hairs trap little bits of debris and I project that stuff outwards causing allergies in people. I don't know if that stuff smells but I assume if it builds long enough (dry mouth for a while, or haven't scrapped in a while) it will start smelling bad and caking up.
for your sake, i hope you do have PATM (beats halitosis right?). you should try to confirm by asking someone
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic