Your Email Address:

First Name:

why do people rub their nose?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
somethinstinks
Advanced

why do people rub their nose?

Post by somethinstinks »

what relief does someone get by constantly rubbing their nose? i dont get it...

shibby

rubbing noses

Post by shibby »

I think its cos when my poo breath makes contact with someones nose they feel they have to rub their nose to remove the smell away from their nose.
I am cursed...stay away from me...i will bring you nothing but negativity.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

i just dont get how rubbing/wiping at your nose relieves you of a bad smell. I would think i would be more likely to just hold my breath or cover my nose, but its hard for me to say as I am aware of my problem its hard for me to know how i;d react if I didnt have bb. May have been wishful thinking but back then I hoped maybe it's just a coincidence that people would rub their noses around me, but make no mistake, it is not a coincidence... whether it be bad breath or another reason.
shibby

nose rubbing

Post by shibby »

Regarding nose rubbing... Imagine something made contact with your nose that smelt awful...and covering your nose woukd be too obvious... So to rub the nose would cover the nose from the smell but at the same time make it look like your nose was itching... Even though rubbing the nose offends us as we know why they are rubbing the nose.... Covering the nose would be an insult as it is a blatant sign that our breath smells. Ignorance is bliss and i went through a phase of not thinking about my breath...but once i heard a few people talking about my breath and this destroyed my soul.
I am cursed...stay away from me...i will bring you nothing but negativity.
ExhaleSafely

Re: nose rubbing

Post by ExhaleSafely »

shibby wrote:Regarding nose rubbing... Imagine something made contact with your nose that smelt awful...and covering your nose woukd be too obvious... So to rub the nose would cover the nose from the smell but at the same time make it look like your nose was itching... Even though rubbing the nose offends us as we know why they are rubbing the nose.... Covering the nose would be an insult as it is a blatant sign that our breath smells. Ignorance is bliss and i went through a phase of not thinking about my breath...but once i heard a few people talking about my breath and this destroyed my soul.
I just posted a reply to a guy who's excited to be cured after an adenoidectomy regarding nose rub reactions.

I'm obviously paranoid about bad breath because I'm on this site. I do get it sometimes, and did have it when I was younger.

Though I get nose rub reactions, I also feel itchy myself and make my own nose rub sometimes (or I guess I cause it to myself but obviously I can't really know that for sure).

I am paranoid that I smell based on my past history with odor paranoia, but I'm not convinced that I smell 24/7.

I have good friends, family, and a live-in girlfriend that deny that I have bad breath most of the time but have before informed me that I'm smelly.

I'm still at a loss for the most part as to whether or not I'm stinkin!
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

so why bother dude, why bother and dwell on it???
DO you really want the problem to become huge? So you will loose your girlfriend, friends, job???

I suggest you leave this site, your bb is fine......If you see people react normally around you and not leave you and you communicate well with toher people, I really dont understand why you obsess about it??

Dont get it!!

Get a life.....
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
somethinstinks
Advanced

Re: nose rubbing

Post by somethinstinks »

shibby wrote:Regarding nose rubbing... Imagine something made contact with your nose that smelt awful...and covering your nose woukd be too obvious... So to rub the nose would cover the nose from the smell but at the same time make it look like your nose was itching... Even though rubbing the nose offends us as we know why they are rubbing the nose.... Covering the nose would be an insult as it is a blatant sign that our breath smells. Ignorance is bliss and i went through a phase of not thinking about my breath...but once i heard a few people talking about my breath and this destroyed my soul.
its like they HAVE TO rub their nose and can't help it though. When Im around my brother and father, theyll rub their noses but sometimes they'll seemingly catch themselves midway and do something stupid like scratch head awkwardly...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic