Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

jess wrote:
feelitagain wrote:Hey Jess,

I currently do not have an insurance hence it will be all out of pocket. I will be contacting their office soon and find out everything I need to know.
Thanks for your reply feelitagain. I'll be following your posts to see your feedback from them.
And also, thank you very much to 9years and mindyb for all the updates; and I have to say I've contacted 9years and have spoken to him over the phone on two different occasions. He was very helpful and answered all my questions both times. I truly appreciate it 9years.
My plan is to go to California to see the same Dr that operated on 9years. Right now it's just a matter of planning because I don't have insurance.
Hey Jess,

I contacted Dr. Larian's team and was able to gather some information.

They are out of network and the total cost of the surgery for me would be $3,000 :( Please keep in mind that the total cost is based on both tonsillectomy(I havent done it) and adenoidectomy. I am not sure what the cost would be for having just adenoidectomy done.
We also have to consider other expenses such as flight/hotel/food/etc..

They told me I would need about ~2days of rest after the surgery as well. I am particularly worried about the post surgery part..It seems that other members who went through this surgery are dealing with nasty odor as part of the recovering process and I dont want to stink up the plane..not sure how bad the smell is...If someone can comment on it..that would be great..

What am I gonna do? I am still thinking about finding someone local but leaning towards getting it done with someone with experience.
It would be great to hear from mindyb on her status. I want to know how her morning breath is/any reaction from her family members/etc...

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for the sincere and kind comments. StinkBomb, well said. I agree that there is no excuse for vulgarity towards any members on here and it shouldn't be allowed or tolerated by anyone. It has nothing to do with what we're all here for. Jimi has his way of expression, but that doesn't mean it's right, under any circumstances. Please save it for the spammers Jimi! Nothing is funnier than reading your profanity towards them.

Anyway, I hope we will hear from Mindy again soon and there can be a mutual forgiveness and understanding.

Archi and others who commented on this, well said too. This is a very important thread and the focus needs to go back to the main subject.

9years, yes, you may well be right regarding this as the cause of every case of fecal breath. But that would then mean that blood borne halitosis would have to be dismissed as a fully established known cause of bad breath, which we know for a fact would be wrong. So a fair balance, I think, would be to say that if you've ruled out every other known cause of bad breath, then this has a very very high probability to be the cause of your problem.
HS

Post by HS »

please just ignore the angry rants, no one here is happy living with halitosis, some (like me) have lived with it for 2 decades, so I understand the frustration, but in the end, we all want to find a cure for everyone here (even if you hate each other), and that's what this site is about. It's the knowledge from each users that makes this site function and hopefully help improve someone's life dramatically. I for one will be sharing everything (if i find a cure) with or without the rants.

9 Years, I went to a ent today, he says that I have no adenoids and so I can't have adenoid removal, I'm scheduled for a CT next week, What the doc did was simply put a camera up my nose to have a look, twice.

Should I push for an operation anyway? to just burn the tissue or something? I do feel like I have slight PND symptoms, which is what you had, with similar white coatings on tongue, dry mouth etc. He said I have nothing there though, or maybe I had tiny adenoids that he couldn't see? I want to have the operation just incase this can cure me but not sure what I can say if he keeps insisting there is nothing to remove. Didn't have any adenoid removals as a kid, so not sure what he means.

Thanks!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

day 8

scabs still taste and smell like shit. i'm getting really impatient now but i'm fairly sure i will be cured once all is healed up there.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
paree
Total Newbie

bb

Post by paree »

Hi
I turn my surgery for 20 May.
Removal of the adenoids and lingual tonsil.
I try to treat all the ways I just want the chance to try. The doctor told me who is not seen on MRI and endoscopic surgery. But I would like a volunteer
Because I do not know how much good do not speak English. So please do not specialized questions. Persian I explained in my blog a year ago, everything.
badboo.blogfa.com
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

day 11.

surgical site still smells and tastes like shit. today it smelt as if i had 90 tonsil stones lodged up there. I'm fairly confident now that when it heals I will be cured. Still spitting bits of blood. 9Years is lucky his scabs fell out after a week, jesus they stink bad. This has all gotta quieten down any day now.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

How would you compare your bb before the surgery and during the recovery? Is it similar or much worse during the recovery time until the scabs fall off
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

it's worse at this point, at random times I could taste/smell my adenoid funk. But now it's tonsil stone funk x20. I recall my palatine tonsillectomy (the 2nd one) the odor was terrible for a few weeks, my room and clothes stunk of the odor it was that bad- i was not put on anti-biotics for that. not had any meds other than pain meds for my adenoids, maybe that's why the smell is more apparent to me. patiently waiting for it to heal to eliminate the funk. anti biotics never worked for me before anyway.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
fedup99
Total Newbie

Post by fedup99 »

Sorry for similar name fedup , i am following this post for your input ! I am deeply hoping this is your cure , if so then im hunting down a ENT in uk that will do the operation! Had a tonsilectomy last year but smell returned after a month
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

don't worry about it, i'm sure we're all fed up of this condition. were you on anti biotics at the time?

day 12

this morning i rose out of bed and some foul tasting mess came slithering from the back of my nose into my mouth. I spat it out in the sink, it was like a glob of blood mixed with some dark yellow mess. I think some of the slime and scabbing is starting to peel away. still can smell/taste the same sort of thing up there still so there is still more to come away.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
fedup99
Total Newbie

Post by fedup99 »

No i didnt have any aftercare and one of the tonsil cavaties has now gone yellow?? Is that normal ! Im so impatient iv been checking everyday for your thumbs up ! My tongue has been lovely pink and hardly needs a scrape ! Its wierd as you know ! A doctor told me its bacteria trapped under my silver fillings that is reacting but dentists will never admit it as massive court cases.
HS

Post by HS »

went to the docs today, got the ct and nothing was there, so the doctor couldn't give me adenoid removal, I think I didn't do enough to try and convince him, though to be fair, it's his job and he doesn't want to any operations that isn't fully required, though frustrating. He said since I had halitosis since young it's not tomwaldt cysts, not sure what to think.

I'm not exactly sure if my halitosis is coming from the adenoid region, I am wondering if anyone with the adenoid removal + cysts underneath that was cured to have been cured before purely on anti-biotics such as triple therapy?

This would be conclusive for me, because I was 100% cured temporarily with triple therapy, and around 70-80% with metronidazole, otherwise I'm going to have to think something else is causing anaerobic bacteria in my mouth..

I'm wondering if tongue cleaning with pro-biotics + water and gargle would help (I tried and seems to kinda work), I use hydrogen peroxide for tongue cleaning and it works for around 4-6 hours. (some decent remedies here: http://www.top10homeremedies.com/home-r ... ongue.html though oil pulling didn't help with halitosis).

I hope we can shoot some more ideas, I only care about the cure, not some stupid bickering that seems to go around here. mindy please try and update (or msg someone on this thread) with updates if you can, and if this surgery worked for you, please tell me if you had any success with antibiotics in the past. Because if you did, I'l try and find another ent that will do the procedure for me and update any status here if I get it done.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

did your doc not do a nasal endoscopy? i think that's maybe the best way to see how much adenoid tissue is there.

Day 14- still bad smell from surgical site. still spitting out bits of blood and horrible tasting "slime". This healing process seems to be going really SLOW. ](*,) Not sure if the slime is moist bits of scabs? It's like a tonsollolith odor from the right side where the slime is coming from. Is that side still scabbed, maybe? it pisses me off because I can't see what is going on back there. Tried to look with a dental mirror but it's really fiddly.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
HS

Post by HS »

hi, yes I had it, but they just kept saying I didn't have any adenoids to remove, a bit disappointed but I'l try find another ent later, hope there are some positive results, oh and fedup, had you ever had success with triple therapy?

cheers
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

had anti biotics in the past- did squat for me. even had the triple therapy anti-biotic- did absolutely nothing.

Day 15-

A little progress today, the scab is starting to come away, i felt it earlier. Kind of a scratchy feeling. I'm still spitting bits of blood and funny tasting mucus from the right side which the smell is coming from at the moment. For some bizarre reason this has been a really, really slow healing process. Been an emotional roller coaster this week. it feels like i'm getting there albeit slowly. and this has been without the aid of any medication. 9years and mindy must have just healed much quicker with the assist of medication. smell is 100% from right side behind nose. so IF this doesn't cure after scabs go away then I have 100% conviction as to where it's coming from. But to summarise- still smelly, but still hopeful with scabs only just coming away. week 3 will be the eye opener as to whether this will be it.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic