Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Had my appointment today. Was told I had some adenoid tissue but looked "healthy" and unlikely to be the cause. Now they're arranging a CT scan and this is gonna cost a lot just for the scan, I don't know what to do. it's like life has got me by the balls at the moment. Was told at one point that the tissue could be removed but couldn't be justified at least without a scan... or no visible stone evidence.

Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I guess they will give me the same trouble. You went to CT SCAN which is like 1000 more powerful then regular xray

I declined it because the guy said that nothing is visible on ct-scan anyways and he never got it done.

Maybe I can convince my doc that he can fix my septum and at the same time remove adenoids

but isnt the bb the strong enough cause?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Jimi Stein wrote:I guess they will give me the same trouble. You went to CT SCAN which is like 1000 more powerful then regular xray

I declined it because the guy said that nothing is visible on ct-scan anyways and he never got it done.

Maybe I can convince my doc that he can fix my septum and at the same time remove adenoids

it's not them who has to live with suffering and humiliation of this condition. An open minded doc will do it, it's just convincing them. its always the same routine "have you been to a dentist? have you brushed your tongue, do you have allergies have you tried irrigation, what medications have you tried. going round in circles. i wish you luck in your appointment.
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

they are not going to see anything on CT scan, you will just get a super high dose of radiation. Like our friend said, he never got CTSCAN, he just found a surgeon who did it......
I will go through with it, what can I loose, nothing...ANd it is free in Europe, we dont have to pay for operations like in USA.....
but maybe it will take a year to get a doc who will perform surgery on me....
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Fed up-
I see on your list of attempts you had a sinus CT scan done. I'm sure your adenoids can be seen.
The CT scan is not reliable in my opinion anyway! My ENT said he could see nothing on the scan but when he took the scope down my nostrils he did see a small amount of tissue.

Do you have a deviated septum? I think everyone's septum deviates. I think there are probably TONS of ENTs that will do this procedure. If he won't, find someone who does and beg to have adenoids out.

Its up to you. I called to schedule today, had to leave a msg. Low hope, but I have to rule it out or I will go mad.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

me too, mad mad mad
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Cat scan is much more sensitive for anatomy under 2mm in size. It also has the advantage of being manipulated in any plane to view certain areas of interest. For the paransal sinuses, the physician can oblique the image in order to see blockages in ducts. It is a fair amount more radiation than a normal xray but scanners now a days have advanced filtration to limit total dose. Here in America, most ENT doctors will not operate unless they have a CT scan to use as a reference for your unique anatomical mapping. They can, in some cases, use the raw data from the CT scan to program the devinci robot or stealth guidance system for pinpoint accuracy when operating.
Unfortunatly, tonsil "stones" are a soft plaque that may be almost invisible even on a cat scan. Even if your doctor visualizes your adenoids he would never assume anything is wrong without obvious swelling or redness. It realy is a tough sell to get them removed but a cat scan is needed to see if anything else might be the cause. Also, when a doctor looks at your sinuses, he does not see all of them. He looks at your maxillary and frontal sinuses as well as the nasal passages. This leaves the ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses which can only be seen on xrays.
You don't have to take my word for it but I have been a Cat scan/xray technologist for 20 years..
;) :?
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

9Years, I'm wondering on behalf of myself and all the others here who are curious (or possibly hopeful) about PATM being the cause of reactions.

You said that you had a metallic taste some times, or most of the time, which went away once the adenoids sloughed off. While I myself don't have a metallic taste, I do often if not daily feel slow drip, inflammation, and irritation in my throat to some degree (most of the time mild inflammation with sticky mucus drip sensation).

But... did you have reactions in the form of nose rubbing and itching? If you did, would you mind elaborating?

I'm glad you're doing better, and thanks for sticking with the forum despite your success to help us all out!
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

ExhaleSafely wrote:9Years, I'm wondering on behalf of myself and all the others here who are curious (or possibly hopeful) about PATM being the cause of reactions.

You said that you had a metallic taste some times, or most of the time, which went away once the adenoids sloughed off. While I myself don't have a metallic taste, I do often if not daily feel slow drip, inflammation, and irritation in my throat to some degree (most of the time mild inflammation with sticky mucus drip sensation).

But... did you have reactions in the form of nose rubbing and itching? If you did, would you mind elaborating?

I'm glad you're doing better, and thanks for sticking with the forum despite your success to help us all out!
I didn't even know what PATM was until I looked it up after your post. I have heard of this idea though. But no, I never had reactions like that, as if someone was allergic to me. I never had bad breath until around 2005. At that point, it was more like turn their head, or walk away, or a close friend tell me I smelled, or my wife. I'm sorry you're going through that. If you have any kind of tonsil material, tonsils or adneoids, read all of my posts on all threads. This might be your answer and you don't even know it. Good luck.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

FedUp wrote:
Jimi Stein wrote:I guess they will give me the same trouble. You went to CT SCAN which is like 1000 more powerful then regular xray

it's not them who has to live with suffering and humiliation of this condition. An open minded doc will do it, it's just convincing them. its always the same routine "have you been to a dentist? have you brushed your tongue, do you have allergies have you tried irrigation, what medications have you tried. going round in circles. i wish you luck in your appointment.
Even the ENT who did my adenoidectomy made me jump through some of those hoops first. Things I had done many times before. But when they didn't work, thankfully he did what he needed to do. And you know what gets me, he (and a couple previous ENTs) checked down my nostrils with a viewing scope, but never saw what he calls a "Tornwaldt cyst in the middle of the adenoid" in the op report until he had me on the operating table. The palate had to be raised and a mirror used during surgery. This makes me question the opinion of any and all ENTs regarding adenoids. They're so set in their ways about the disappearance of adneoids in adults, without realizing there are so many people suffering because of them.
ExhaleSafely

Post by ExhaleSafely »

Would you mind commenting on the occurrence of the symptoms that indicated to you that you had BB at the time, more specifically the taste, as that seems to be the most obvious of the one's you mentioned?

I did say in my previous post above that I don't have a taste, but I have had a bad taste when a tonsil stone is present in my tonsil which I was only able to notice occasionally (swallowing a big gulp of food or drink, or intermittently at random times throughout the day when a tonsil stone is present). Additionally, for the other members on this forum and those who may read this for years to come I think it would be good to know some additional details in this area.

Did your bad taste come up occasionally, say once a week, once a day, etc., or was it pretty much present all the time and for 9 years you had BB?

Did the bad taste fluctuate in severity at all? If it did (or fluctuate in it's presence or absence), did you have more reactions from people such as friends or your wife when it was strong (or present)?

My last question isn't in-line with the one's above but I think it's a good one for many of us here: I know you said you tried everything, etc., but I didn't see you indicating that you've tried the neti pot.

Had you tried it in the past? If yes, how long and how frequently were you using one?

Sorry for the barrage of questions and thanks again!
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

ExhaleSafely wrote:My last question isn't in-line with the one's above but I think it's a good one for many of us here: I know you said you tried everything, etc., but I didn't see you indicating that you've tried the neti pot.
Sorry for interrupting, but that's a really good question. And all the irrigation posts I can ever recall reading about were from people given the all clear from their ENT regarding their nose and sinuses. So I always assumed improvements were perhaps because the irrigation was getting into the throat area and cleaning away throat gunk like smelly mucus or tonsils stones. So, yes, maybe the adenoids?

I wonder if the odour actually comes from the adenoids or if something is being released from them that then makes everywhere else, such as the tongue stink, or lead to the production of tonsil stones. Is there any link between tonsil stones and something wrong with the adenoids?

It is a known fact that adenoids shrink in adulthood and don't usually cause any problem, but it is also a known fact that adenoids can be known to cause VERY bad breath in adults, perhaps because of these cysts, but I remember reading a story once where the adenoid tissue shrivels up and creates little folds of tissue where gunk and bacteria can accumulate.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

April 7th is my septoplasty
And adenoid removal.
So here I go again. Nothing to lose, except bb.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

great, i hope it will work for you, hod did you convince your doc, how expensive is the operation
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Well it wasn't easy, he dismissed me 3 times.
I gave him a sob story, then he looked down my nose with scope.
He said there was VERY little adenoid tissue.

Being that he told me I had a deviated septum last visit, he said he'd fix that and take any adenoids out.
As 9years said. I will before the procedure tell, more like BEG, him to recheck my tonsils and take anything left or regrown. Its been since 15 yrs or so since I had the tonsillectomy.
Then do my adenoids.

To make a buck, and probably for reason to do it at all, he has to claim septoplasty.

As for cost, I didn't even figure it out yet. I'm calling my insurance tomorrow to go over.
I pay 400 deductible + 20% of total cost.
Fees-
Surgery Center
Anestigiology
Surgeries
I'm expecting around $1500, hoping for no more, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic