Your Email Address:

First Name:

What Cured My Halitosis/Bad Breath - Tonsils and Adenoids - BEWARE SIDE EFFECTS, CHOKING ON LIQUIDS, 9YEARS SCAM????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Goodluck feelitagain, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Thanks stinkbomb! No worries, I will definitely be sticking around. Just wanted to make it very clear so that there are no questions as to if my bb is cured in like 2 days or something lol

2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

good luck to those getting it done i hope it works for you.

still smelly. still sensing rotten eggy smell up there. when i brush my teeth i can taste/smell the eggy odor in my throat sometimes. i was hocking up chunks of glue like substance which when squashed had that odor to it. i was sensing a pooey smell from right side from where these globs seem to come from. ENT will do ***k all but hand out antibiotics which do NOT work. i am thinking of maybe getting referred to another doc but i've honestly never felt so low it feels like my life is pretty much over. this odor takes on a tobacco smell, a leather boot then sometimes like a soiled diaper and mostly just like a sweaty rotten fart, again from the right side. seems to magnify if i brush teeth or use mouth wash. sometimes when i bend down to pick something or lean forward i can smell it. and for some bizarre reason i can smell myself near certain people or someone who has a gallon of cologne on. it's just not nice... i'm just at a loss and fed up. is this it??
Tonsillectomy - Check
Sinus CT Scan - All Clear - Check
Dentist Examination - "Gums very good" - Check
Endoscopy - Check - H Pylori Negative
Post nasal space cyst removed - Check
Wisdom Teeth Extraction - Check
Mouth Swab Clear - Check
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

FedUp wrote:good luck to those getting it done i hope it works for you.

still smelly. still sensing rotten eggy smell up there. when i brush my teeth i can taste/smell the eggy odor in my throat sometimes. i was hocking up chunks of glue like substance which when squashed had that odor to it. i was sensing a pooey smell from right side from where these globs seem to come from. ENT will do ***k all but hand out antibiotics which do NOT work. i am thinking of maybe getting referred to another doc but i've honestly never felt so low it feels like my life is pretty much over. this odor takes on a tobacco smell, a leather boot then sometimes like a soiled diaper and mostly just like a sweaty rotten fart, again from the right side. seems to magnify if i brush teeth or use mouth wash. sometimes when i bend down to pick something or lean forward i can smell it. and for some bizarre reason i can smell myself near certain people or someone who has a gallon of cologne on. it's just not nice... i'm just at a loss and fed up. is this it??
Man, I am just so sorry this didn't work for you. I can tell you that your symptoms are similar to mine only I can't detect an odor in my mucus gobs (although they are sometimes green). I have found some relief with daily nasal steroid and numerous saline washes a day. It takes a few days but the longer you do it, the better things will become (if your problems are comming from inside your nose or sinuses. Anyway, it certainly can't hurt and doesn't cost much to do.
I have an appointment on the 31st to have balloon sinuplasty, culture, and vortex flush to help remove sinus biofilm. I will update as to the progress. We have to keep trying new things and reporting. Many of us have very similar symptoms and one day this will get figured out. I have to believe there is a cure or I will lose my will to live.
on a personal note...
I had a severe mental breakdown after bailing out of a series of work meetings where I had to sit by some important administrators for 6 hours a day. These meetings were my gateway to becoming an administrator myself. However, The first day I could tell my nasal odor was bother people even though I wasn't even talking. The thought of comming back the next day filled me with major anxiety and panic. I have never been so ashamed to be alive as I was on the day I called to say I was sick, turned my car around and drove back home. For 3 weeks after I had told myself I was going to end my life and I realy was, Thankfuly I had the inner strength to talk to my wife before going through with it. She understands my problem and has heard my daughter make comments about my BB. Funny enough, to this day the only time she has ever smelled my BB was after stomach surgery when I literaly stunk up the entire recovery room. My wife supports my decisions to try new medical proceedures and possible cures despite the sometimes high costs because she knows that I will never just accept life in this form. I am telling you all this because you need to know that you are truly not alone. You have tried something and it didn't work and that sucks. However, you have ruled out one more thing which puts you closer to isolating your cause. Please stay strong and keep posting.
Atrial
Advanced

Hi

Post by Atrial »

Notanymore not sure if you remember me but we had a argument about if the surgery you had is gonna help you with bb and you said acid reflux is known to cause halitosis and I told you it's unlikely to cause bb.
I suggested that you take tmau test because most people that can't find reason for bb it's probably due to tmau 2.

Fed up I think you should also get the tmau test.
I'm 99% sure most of us here have tmau 2
If not you will be here another 10 years.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Re: Hi

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Atrial wrote:Notanymore not sure if you remember me but we had a argument about if the surgery you had is gonna help you with bb and you said acid reflux is known to cause halitosis and I told you it's unlikely to cause bb.
I suggested that you take tmau test because most people that can't find reason for bb it's probably due to tmau 2.

If you have tmau then what are you doing here?
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

So sorry to hear that Fedup :( it might be best to get inspected by another doc/ get a different perspective.

Spoke with my doctor briefly after my surgery yesterday; he said Adenoids were very small but he shrunk them even further and found/removed some cycts around the tonsils area. But I will be getting a more detailed report at my follow-up appointment in about a month.

The pain from the tonsillectomy is not as bad as expected; I would describe it more as annoying/ irritating, of course it is painful to swallow. It just feels like there is a golf ball in my throat with a dangling thread. Its way to swollen right now for me to even physically look down there. And for some weird reason; Ive been burping like crazy ever since :S They put me on Tylenol 3 for the pain as needed, a special mouth wash rinse and I will be on antibiotics for 10 days.
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

First night after the surgery...I woke up every 90minutes due to pain...Today I am doing better than yesterday after taking two pills of painkiller. I am also on antibiotics for 10 days.

I am not spitting out any blood yet and I have a severe headache ever since the surgery.

I didnt speak to the doc for long after the surgery and will be seeing him in 2 weeks.

Stillhoping..Hope you are doing well..They gave you a mouthwash? The nurse at my facility told me not to gargle and be really gentle when I am brushing...
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

feelitagain, hope you're doing well also! Yes I got prescribed 3 bottles of this special mouthwash that I'm to use after eating throughout the day; apparently its supposed to soothe the throat/ lessen the pain. They did ask me to gargle gently.

I also couldn't sleep properly; woke up about every 2 - 3 hrs but mostly just to pee. They said I need to sleep upright for the first few days.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Atrial wrote:Notanymore not sure if you remember me but we had a argument about if the surgery you had is gonna help you with bb and you said acid reflux is known to cause halitosis and I told you it's unlikely to cause bb.

Also, this is from a website for a company that runs TMAU testing. Evidently they are overrun by people who think halitosis and TMAU are related.

BAD BREATH (HALITOSIS; CHRONIC HALITOSIS )
More than half of the individuals we see report oral symptoms, with most complaining of halitosis. Halitosis and TMAU are two different conditions that may occur together; someone with bad breath may or may not also have TMAU. Chronic halitosis can be falsely interpreted as a body odor because the odor is projected around your body each time you exhale or speak. Many patients who think they have TMAU are in fact suffering from chronic hali
tosis.

Chronic halitosis originates on the rear, top-part of the tongue surface where a bacterial plaque can develop. Why some people develop this and some do not is not exactly known. This plaque is similar to the plaque on teeth and gums, but is caused by a different group of bacteria.

Chronic halitosis can exist without the presence of gum or periodontal disease; persistent oral odor is unlikely to come from your teeth and gums (so cleaning them doesn’t help this situation) or digestive tract. Most dentists and physicians are unaware that chronic bad breath is an oral, tongue-derived situation.

Chronic bad breath may smell like foul garbage and sometimes like a bowel movement/fecal-matter or like “something died.” Further, if you are stressed, this will tend to dry the mouth making the odors produced in the plaque more airborne due to lower salivary flow. Halitosis may be a life-long problem, since we have seen children as young as 12-13 years old with this problem.

Also, my problem and the reason for my halitosis is 100% related to excess mucus and unilateral post nasal drip. Please show me some literature that points to TMAU as a cause of these symptoms. Otherwise, I will gladly take a TMAU test and post it online if you will pay for it.

It doesn't matter anyway Atrial because no matter what I post, you aren't changing your opinion and neither am I. Again, we share no common ground so please post TMAU stuff in a seperate thread.
Atrial
Advanced

Hi

Post by Atrial »

Notanymore I have been member of this site since 2005 I only have bad breath so I assumed the problem is oral related I spent all my life cleaning my tongue and mouth I even flushed my nose with 2 liters of water everyday for months had tonsillectomy also got wisdom teeth removed then one day last year while I was feeling low i saw a bb meeting in london I was thinking I will smell others bb and they will smell mine I was absolutly shocked when I realised all of us could not smell each other apparently it's like that in every meeting
The reason we could not smell eachother is the same reason you can't smell your own breath we are all emitting same chemical trimethylamine how do I know this because some of those people had positive tmau results general public could smell them but we could not.
Tmau can be breath only and mostly it smells of garbage/poo
If you get negative results I will never mention tmau on this site.
Or what you can do is have meeting with anyone from this site there is probably someone from your city/country see if you can smell
eachother you will not be able smell eachother.

[/list]
happylife05
Junior

Post by happylife05 »

Atrial - got tested for TMAU & it's negative. Also i can smell my own breath.
Are you cured of TMAU & BadBreath now?
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Atrial wrote:I was absolutly shocked when I realised all of us could not smell each other apparently it's like that in every meeting
The reason we could not smell eachother is the same reason you can't smell your own breath we are all emitting same chemical trimethylamine how do I know this because some of those people had positive tmau results general public could smell them but we could not.
That's very little evidence for jumping to the conclusion that everyone has TMAU. From that, one could just as well draw the conlusion that you're all halitophobics who doesn't even smell.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote:I was absolutly shocked when I realised all of us could not smell each other apparently it's like that in every meeting
That's very little evidence for jumping to the conclusion that everyone has TMAU. From that, one could just as well draw the conlusion that you're all halitophobics who doesn't even smell.
statisticaly impossible for any more than 5% of this entire board to have tmau. Also, I can most certainly smell my own breath and even taste it when it's bad. Atrail posted in another thread saying she/he had never even been tested for tmau but wants everyone else to get tested and somehow has come to the conclusion that most of us have it. How an anyone take this person seriously?
This isn't a personal attack but if you Atrail is so sure she has TMAU then he/she should their positive results so as to at least have a moticum of credibility. Also, meetings where no one can smell each other........wtf? Instead of wasting time with a low choline diet you might try a psychiatrist.
Atrial
Advanced

Hi

Post by Atrial »

Notanymore the meetings were arranged by people on this site and in every meeting people can't smell eachother are you saying all those people have halitophopia ?
Tmau is not as rare as people think because people assume it's halitosis.
I have not had the tmau test but god gave me brain to realise that if someone has tmau and I can't smell him I must have it too. Those people at the meetings have tested positive for tmau so it's not imaginary .

You said you were about to finish it so i'm guessing you have no more options left
Betore you reach that point take test and I would also advise others to do the same .
Keep Smiling
Total Newbie

Post by Keep Smiling »

statisticaly impossible for any more than 5% of this entire board to have tmau
[My Opinion]
I don`t think it good to think that everyone or the majority have the same cause. I might take a test and the results come negative, it doesn't mean that you will get a negative results as well and vice-versa. ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic