Your Email Address:

First Name:

False adenoids hope

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Atrial
Advanced

False adenoids hope

Post by Atrial »

A lot of the members are getting exited about one person reporting cure with Adenectomy.

Reality is there has been meetings arranged by members of this site and participants couldn't detect any odor from each-other.
That proves majority of members have same condition.
Some of those who have taken part at the meetings had positive results for tmau.
That makes it very likely that more than 90% members have tmau.
Some people here don't want to face reality but are instead looking for random stuff.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

It's all about trial and error though.
A lot of people on here have also tested negative for TMAU, and still at a total loss.
For what it's worth, it's definitely worth trying an Adenoidectomy, especially if you are considering a tonsillectomy and can have both done at the same time. If you have PND and you have a history of congestion and snoring other similar symptoms and no ENT can give you answers when they look in your nose yet the smell of skank is clearly coming from some hidden place and maybe getting into your mucus and onto the back of your tongue even though you nuked it all with antibacterials, then I would say be hopeful

9yearstofindcure was given the all clear by their ENT, initially, but look how wrong they were. And 9years isn't just guessing, his wife is giving him honest feedback.

Maybe it will only apply to people with the same kind of cyst as was found, but maybe these asymptomatic cysts are common.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

The only person that confirmed his cure is his wife. We all know how hard it's to know for sure if it's gone. Tonsils and adenoids do cause bb and it's a fact but unless all those people that went to the meetings are also having tonsil related bb then it's likely that will only be cure to small minority.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Atrial wrote:The only person that confirmed his cure is his wife. We all know how hard it's to know for sure if it's gone. Tonsils and adenoids do cause bb and it's a fact but unless all those people that went to the meetings are also having tonsil related bb then it's likely that will only be cure to small minority.
Yes true, but his wife is probably the least likely person to admit the problem existed and then be wrong or lie about it being cured. If he was having clear reactions from others and the reactions have clearly stopped then that's further proof. Also, BB is often intermittent.

At meetups, if there are many people with tonsil/adenoid odours, then these odours are rarely constantly present, and are usually intermittent, which might offer an explanation why most people don't appear to smell at meetings - in those who do not happen to have TMAU.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

If someone with tonsil bb went to a meeting he should be able to detect the tmau bb. 99% of people say they couldn't detect anyone else .
I haven't been tested for TMAU but based on other people who have tmau and they couldn't detect anyone and no one could detect them shows how large Tmau is in this community.

We can't suite facts to our desires.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

very possible we have TMAU and this will not work at all.

THe guy did not smell so much. He still kept his friends, did not loose his job. So I wonder how strong his bb really was. But myself I feel the problem back there, always infection in the back of the throat. If I would have TMAU, why would I have infection and bad taste at the back of my nose?

TMAU is blood borne right?
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

tmau is predominantly a fish odor. It comes out of your pores and urine too.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I think sometimes only from mouth, and it smells like shit too

I have not been tested, rather not, otehrwsie I would give up

I have my ENT scheduled in 2 weeks, so we will see
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Read the posts on this thread from Rivcachya. Had bothe T & A removed.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=736933

on the flip side read OP
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107767.html
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Post by 9YearsToFindCure »

halitosisux wrote:It's all about trial and error though.
A lot of people on here have also tested negative for TMAU, and still at a total loss.
For what it's worth, it's definitely worth trying an Adenoidectomy, especially if you are considering a tonsillectomy and can have both done at the same time. If you have PND and you have a history of congestion and snoring other similar symptoms and no ENT can give you answers when they look in your nose yet the smell of skank is clearly coming from some hidden place and maybe getting into your mucus and onto the back of your tongue even though you nuked it all with antibacterials, then I would say be hopeful

9yearstofindcure was given the all clear by their ENT, initially, but look how wrong they were. And 9years isn't just guessing, his wife is giving him honest feedback.

Maybe it will only apply to people with the same kind of cyst as was found, but maybe these asymptomatic cysts are common.
What he called a Tornwaldt cyst was just a tonsil stone embedded in my adenoid. I'm happy to email a pic of my cauterized adenoid with white smelly material still on it after it fell out.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Atrial wrote:The only person that confirmed his cure is his wife. We all know how hard it's to know for sure if it's gone. Tonsils and adenoids do cause bb and it's a fact but unless all those people that went to the meetings are also having tonsil related bb then it's likely that will only be cure to small minority.
That's not true at all. Others have confirmed it for me as well. Also, there's no smell on my tongue scraper or metallic taste anymore. It's the bacteria that gets stuck in the crypts of tonsils and adneoids that form tonsil stones/Tornwaldt cysts and cause all of these problems. I absolute believe it's the majority of people with these symptoms that would be cured. That's why I'm staying on this site. I've spoken to multiple people already and I'm willing to speak to anyone who reaches out. Some are already planning surgery. It will take time, but there will be others who will confirm what I already know.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

Jimi Stein wrote:very possible we have TMAU and this will not work at all.

THe guy did not smell so much. He still kept his friends, did not loose his job. So I wonder how strong his bb really was. But myself I feel the problem back there, always infection in the back of the throat. If I would have TMAU, why would I have infection and bad taste at the back of my nose?

TMAU is blood borne right?
I don't know why you say I didn't smell much. My breath stunk like shit. There are others I've spoken to who still have jobs and a couple friends, but are embarrassed and feel isolated. Please don't downplay the 9 years of suffering I went through, even if you feel like you're suffering more than I did. I'm here to help you guys because I know this is the answer. Calcified bacteria, tonsil stones, Tornwaldt cysts, whatever you want to call them are the only things in that region of our bodies that smell like concentrated feces and cause the symptoms you're all having.
9YearsToFindCure
Junior

mindyb wrote:Read the posts on this thread from Rivcachya. Had bothe T & A removed.
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/sho ... p?t=736933

on the flip side read OP

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread107767.html
Jimi or anyone, please reach out to the first guy and get him on this site. I need some back up.

The second guy is young. First he says tonsils and adneoids. Then he says just tonsils. I'm willing to be he doesn't even know the difference or he still has some kind of tonsil material holding these death stones in his nasopharynx.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Atrial wrote:If someone with tonsil bb went to a meeting he should be able to detect the tmau bb. 99% of people say they couldn't detect anyone else .
I haven't been tested for TMAU but based on other people who have tmau and they couldn't detect anyone and no one could detect them shows how large Tmau is in this community.

We can't suite facts to our desires.
I agree, that for many people it's likely to be TMAU or something very similar or related to TMAU. But regarding meetups, primary TMAU is extremely rare, and is usually where strong fishy odour occurs. But secondary TMAU is different and isn't usually present all the time and usually involves a whole mix of different odours, like fecal, burnt toast, burnt rubber, garbage, for example. This is because this is what trimethylamine smells of at low concentrations. It's only a fishy smell at high concentrations. And because secondary TMAU involves lower concentrations of TMA than primary, it doesn't generally come out through the skin like primary TMAU does, but rather through saliva and mucus, and of course through the lungs at times. Lower concentrations are also likely to give an intermittent nature to the odours. This is the most likely reason why people tend not to smell at meetups.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Also, if you look at YouTube clips of people with TMAU being interviewed by someone who doesn't have TMAU, they never seem to be able to smell anything either. Possibly for the reasons I've mentioned above.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic