Your Email Address:

First Name:

good news! Personal halimeter coming to market soon

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jamie09
Total Newbie

good news! Personal halimeter coming to market soon

Post by jamie09 »

i know for a lot of us buying a halimeter is out of the question since they come out for over 5000$.

In september 2015 there will be a smart phone device coming out that will measure vscs and our hydration.

From the website

" Introducing Breathometer Mint
Introducing Mint™- the worlds first portable Breath Quality and Hydration level detection product. Simply place Mint in your mouth, let it automatically draw a sample of the air in your mouth and within seconds the Breathometer app on your smartphone will let you know the quality of your breath, as well as how hydrated you are.

How do we measure Breath Quality?

Volatile Sulfur Compounds (VSCs) are created by anaerobic bacteria biofilms in the mouth. VSCs can be elevated by certain foods and beverages you consume and may also indicate gum disease and tooth decay. In all cases, elevated VSCs can reduce breath quality and increase social anxiety about your breath.

(Our Breath Quality Sensor is measuring: Hydrogen Sulfide, Methyl Mercapthan and Hydrogen Disulfide levels in parts per billion) "

Its going to cost 100USD.

For more info visit

http://igg.me/at/mint/x/10317896

and google " breathometer mint"

Hopefully this will cure some of us!

hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

This is great news. I just made a $99 contribution so they'll ship me one in August.

Not having reliable bb feedback has been the biggest problem with finding a cure. This device may allow us to get the feedback we need to scientifically find what techniques are working and what aren't.

Lately I've been trying Plax mouth rinse, which contains tetrasodium pyrophosphate. It really seems to work on preventing biofilm. It keeps plaque from forming on my teeth all day long. I think it's helping the bb too, but without a reliable feedback system, I can't be sure.
bbjm999
Total Newbie

halimeter

Post by bbjm999 »

i got a score of 105. how bad is this???
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Hope 4 now i totally agree with you.

I mean it would be a game change to know when my bb is really bad and when its not...i know my bb is not always terrible as there are days where i barely get reactions and then days where everyone i come in contact with is acting like they are about to faint from smelling my breath.

It would be huge to know when its terrible and when i can actually relax and be my self more.

Furthermore it would be amazing to see if changes to diet, supplements, and different rituals actually have affect on the breath by actually being able to measure it.

Unfortunately i doubt it will be accurate considering their first product that appeared on SHARK TANK got terrible reviews for being innacurate. It was suppose to measure BAC after drinking and there is 90% of the people are saying it was innacurate so i doubt this one will be
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I hope it will work. We all need halimeter in our pockets....

I use some chinese breath meter right now, that only show 1-5 measurement.

But I doubt it is accurate....
I even got 0 once and I know it cant be true.

I hope this machine will be better
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic