Your Email Address:

First Name:

I am mostly cured - want to help you now!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
BBad

I am mostly cured - want to help you now!

Post by BBad »

Hello again, sorry for spamming (I have opened 2 threads very recently - see links below).

So as the title says, I am cured - for like 95% - and this shall be the "Thank you"-thread where I want to tell you everything I did + help you guys.

So basically, here are some things I can remember (will update later for completion):

- BB since when I was about 12 years old
- Could smell myself
- Tonsils removed, Deviated Septum fixed - didn't cure me
- Endoscopy done twice, H. Pylori done thrice (blood, endoscopy, stool) - negative
- Symptoms: I brushed my teeth and in about 20 minutes the breath was bad again
- BAD morning breath
- Not too bad daily breath (but still pretty bad for usual breath, fecal, rusty, fishy)
- I have a weakened LES, little bit of GERD (which I thought is one of the causes)
- Have pretty bad bowel movements (bloating etc)
- Was once on a course on Amoxicillin which cured me temporarily
- Was once on a course Metronidazole which also cured me temporarily

So things which helped me a lot were reading about antibiotics, how they work, what bacteria really is, how odour is produced and what the main causes of BB by other cases are.

So i dug into GERD, weakened LES, bowel obstruction and did a test for different bacteria and other indicators of problems in the colon/gastro-area.

Found some interesting things (some of the bacteria were populated to much, some of them to little) - where I firstly did some natural approach of taking LOTS of probiotics + ozovit. That didn't work that well, although it got better in the first days but then got bad again (maybe even worse).

Then I had my Wisdom teeth removed, which gave me very bad taste/smell in the first few days - so I thought this is the cure. It appeared that the moles got a little infected and I got Clarithromycin (antibiotic) for 7 days - which 100% cured my BB - temporarily.

Then the BB got back again. I started to look for connections - and it appeared that all of the antibiotics seem to cure my breath temporarily. So maybe it was stupid of me (luckily not as it turns out) that I just got like 2 big packs of Metronidazole (am I legally allowed to share the source where I got it here?) and took it 500mg TID (every 8 hours) for 10 days straight.

As expected, it cured my breath from day 1 - and after I ended the course it stayed like that. I am now about 4.5 months BB-free most of the time (still I have two little concerns - see links below).

Hope this is like a little help, any questions are welcome.

BB from wine/beer: viewtopic.php?t=6271
BB from exercising: viewtopic.php?t=6272

A few notes, please don't just try that out with the Metronidazole (as it was a lucky shot I guess for me) - please get tested for various bacteria (overpopulation, underpopulation) in the colon area - especially if you have fecal breath. Also what seems interesting to me is that Amoxicillin cured my breath temporarily - whereas its mostly for aerobic bactera (which are not the cause for the BB).

StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

congrats!! I truly hope this is a permanent cure for you!

I find your post very interesting as my bb history/symptoms is almost exactly the same as yours [except I was 10 years old when I defiantly came to realize I had bad breath]. I have done a course of Flagyl before and didn't notice any improvements. Soo just wondering is there anything else you did in addition to taking it?
BBad

Post by BBad »

StillHoping wrote:congrats!! I truly hope this is a permanent cure for you!

I find your post very interesting as my bb history/symptoms is almost exactly the same as yours [except I was 10 years old when I defiantly came to realize I had bad breath]. I have done a course of Flagyl before and didn't notice any improvements. Soo just wondering is there anything else you did in addition to taking it?
Yes - I took VERY strong probiotics (don't know the exact term anymore but it was kinda like many billions cfu or something) - so it was basically a colon/bowel cleanse/restoration.

It was somehow like, 5 days pure antibiotic, then 5 days antibiotic + probiotic and then like 1 month probiotic. The problem is - I guess - I probably got to much of the good probiotics, which has led to a very gassy stomach. Still I think this is way better than BB.

What I recommend is to start out with Magnesium peroxide + Probiotics (the 12 most common ones) as I did, and see if there are any improvements. MP is like a light antibiotic, so as I understood it will kill some anaerobic bacteria (or at least inhibit the growth). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_peroxide - Please research first a bit, before actually taking my word. I took it myself and it has caused me some stomach troubles - still I guess in combination with the probiotics it reduced my symptoms a little at first.
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

I'd like to know the exact type of probiotics you took. I'm looking at some very strong (and expensive) ones right now.
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
somethinstinks
Advanced

Post by somethinstinks »

just to clarify, are you saying the Metronidazole "cured" you or both the Metronidazole and probiotics?
BBad

Post by BBad »

somethinstinks wrote:just to clarify, are you saying the Metronidazole "cured" you or both the Metronidazole and probiotics?
Both Metro and Probiotics together (in combination) cured me. The probiotics which I took had 50 Billion CFU's and contained Saccharomyces boulardi, S thermophilus, L fermentum, L acidophilus, L brevis, L bulgaricus, L casei, L helveticus, L paracasei, L pantarum, L rhamnosus, L salivarius, L lactis, Bacillus coagulans, B bifidum, B breve, B infantis, B lactis, B longum, Pediococcus acidilacti.

Am I allowed to name the brand?
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

20 different kinds? Wow, that is plenty!
I'm pretty sure you won't be banned if you just tell the name.
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

if you are fecal room filling, you should try oxypowder. Ater I used it, for the first time in years I was actually breathing cool fresh air. It cleans out your bowels very well
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

meowkity1 wrote:if you are fecal room filling, you should try oxypowder. Ater I used it, for the first time in years I was actually breathing cool fresh air. It cleans out your bowels very well
Thanks. I googled "oxypowder halitosis" and ended up back to these forums, found your thread on "nasal halitosis and PATM". I just don't understand the concept of this PATM (People Allergic To Me). I get reactions from people because of the nasal halitosis and that's it. It's not a separate thing, like you imply in your thread.

Has oxypowder completely eliminated your BB? I remember I got my colon cleansed before colonoscopy and I think I still got reactions from the doctors.
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I dont think its seperate, it is all gas/smell/bacteria/gut/mouth related. What i meant was oxypowder lly helped the stench but not PATM, even though i found out about oxypowder on PATM forum. But what helps patm is teeth cleaning
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Patm is when people cough sneeze watery eyes rub noseand hack around you, and it seems most patm people do have a stench. Ithink its all bacteria related
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

Oh so it's an actual allergy? Or what seems to be an allergy. Weird :shock: . I don't have that.
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

You said you get reactions from people from nasal odor, well those reactions are what we call patm, wether it fom your mouth, nose or body. None of us know whether it is coming from our mouth nose body, some mention hair and scalp. No, oxypowder di not cure me, it helped while i was on it, but my diet is not great, and i hd to ork and couldnt even take it daily, becuse it literslly gives you the runs, your on the toilet all thing but te most wonderful thing about it is, i got loads and loads of poop out of me with that stuff and it would pro ably be still in me if i hadnt used it, and thats scary
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I have patm, which means people react or have allergic reactions when they are around me. One time i let out a big poop in the toilet and i started hacking coughing with something stuck in my throat, led me to believe it is the bowels causing patm, which is what they thought on patm forum
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

>Patm is when people cough sneeze watery eyes rub noseand hack around you
This doesn't happen around me, it's only the annoying nose blocking/rubbing/heavy nose breathing reactions that I get from people.
It's like one of the most annoying sounds ever when someone breathes in and out like he's about to suffocate.
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic