Your Email Address:

First Name:

Something's happening

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Sickandtired
Junior

Something's happening

Post by Sickandtired »

Hello my old friends,

as you may or may not know i've been a member of this comunity for a few years. Last 2 I wasn't active, i was living same all same all with bb.
Over the time my battle went something like this:

I did tonsilectomy, sinus operation (adenoid removal, turbinate reduction, all cleard up), removed bottom wisdom teeth, and none of that made a difference, actually it became worse over time.
I suffer both mouth and nasal odor, first it was just mouth but over time nasal came to my life too to make my life even more miserable. All my actions made no difference, i changed my diet which made some improval but nothing large. Been on metro but found out that amoxicilin/clavulanic acid had more impact on my bb. My tongue was 100% pink while on it (first time ever since bb).
Had gastroscopy maybe two years ago, which showed chronic gastritis and bile in my stomach, medicine I've taken for that solved nothing. Bb remained. I tried a lot of products since then but nothing helped, I've had good and awful days through that period. So... Few weeks ago i started visiting again here actively and couldn't belive i haven't made any progress in these 2 years.
But.
2 days ago I had gastroscopy again, and my gastro doc on first visit insisted that I'm perfectly healthy. Being a stubborn head I decided this time I'm resolveing this shit no matter what. I started to investigate SIBO a little more this time, and the more i read about it, more i suspected on it. Apart of bb, i also have noisy stomach, gases, and unpredicitable bowel movements. (When i ate wrong foods i had the worse bb ever)
Gastroscopy shoved gastritis chr. again and doc told me ''you see you're all fine, the best case today I saw, you have gastritis but pills will take care of that''. Yea right. So after this i decided when i get to my hometown (I'm away from home since I'm a on college) i'm demanding a complete stool analysis from my gp, and will tell her about my SIBO suspicions.

Now, the intriguing part that happened on the day of my gastroscopy, in the morning i noticed my taste and smell isn't as bad as usual (I always know, and sort of smell it when i push an air into my nose) after the examination it wasnt as bad as it would be ordinary, and the entire day remained the same. In the evening i ate a lot of BAD food which would usually make me smell horrible but this time it still wasnt as bad.
Yesterday same thing, it was even better day, and today its 7pm in my country and my tongue is pink after all the food i ate, 3 coffees and no brushing in between. Now, you can imagine a huge question mark above my head these three days. It even crossed my mind what if he moved something in my belly during gastroscopy but i droped that thought, it makes no sense. So I'm thinking hard what've I changed in the last 2 weeks and there are 2 possible conclusions.
4 weeks ago i recived a new therapy for gastritis which i took for a week and then stopped till yesterday because i forgot them to take them and went out of town for 2 weeks, so i doubt it could be that since i didn't felt this big difference when i started to take them.
And the other conclusion is: Maybe 10 days ago i started to drink Kefir on a daily basis. I'm still overthinking this, cause i can't belive it could make this difference in such short amount of time but reading about it it does huge favour for our health especially on digestiv system and stomach.

So I wonder what if it really helped me along with those new medicine for gastritis? I have no idea what else could've happened since I really eated horrible food last two days. Irony.
I'm still wondering, maybe you guys have some thoughts on it?
I will keep you updated.

Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Hi,
What was that medicine that you took for your gastritis?
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

It's Emanera
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

I agree that it's unlikely to be the medicine. Its just a regular ppi, they never do anything useful. I would put my money on the kefir. I have had similar results with probiotics and certain cheeses in the past. The effect usually lasts for about a week. Kefir contains both live bacteria and yeast. If it's the kefir then it's probably because your normal bacteral flora is being outcompeted by the kefir culture.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

As I suspected too.
Well, then I'm screwed :)

I supose i should do SIBO testing then as planned, but don't know which kind of test to do here in my place, breath test doesn't exist here.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

I also don't know of any other way to test for SIBO other than the breath test. Have you tested for H.pylori? Gastritis and bad breath does sound like typical h.pylori symptoms.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Yes I have, on my first gastroscopy 2 years ago maybe, it was negative.
I'm currently waiting my new test results from gastroscopy they tested me again on HP. But I don't think it'll be positive.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Update.

Relief I've experienced stopped after few days as I suspected.
Good thing, 4 days ago i've got pepto, started using it and my bb decreased a lot! My tongue is pink every day, all day. Bb decreased a lot, don't know is it 100% gone, but i could say it's 80% better. Yes, that's great news. Bad news is it does not solve anything on the long term as we all know I can be on it for a limited amount of time. First day my tongue appeared black all the way, but it disappeared soon, and now even in the morning i get just a little black spot only on the roof of my tongue. Stool is black.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Guys, I could use some help from you now! I really hope you'll help me with your suggestions, cause I'm a bit confused at the moment.

3 weeks ago I started taking chlorella and probiotic on daily basis. The amazing thing happened. My tounge is clean all day every day, no matter what. I have litlle to no smell on my tongue, and the most epic thing at the moment is that first few days i was watching my diet, but after 5-7 days i went crazy with carbs and junk/sugary foods, had massive cravings. So usually i would stink hard after all that food, and my tongue would be white all the way but this time, nothing, it remained pink, completely pink!!
But! The thing that confuses me, it seems my bb remained, oral and nasal. It's just that i can't smell it as usual, but it's there. I'm sure it has decreased for at least a little but it's still there. And now i don't know what else to do!! It seems that i located my problem, it's definitely gut related, but i have a feeling that there is something I'm missing and it's right there in front of me, but still I can not figure it out!!
Bare in mind, few days ago i drank 3x10 drops of GSE and did nasal flush 3x wiith it, and that day i sensed that it did me wrong, lump in throat came instantly, and in the evening i got obvious reactions and i could smell it.
The next thing I'm considering is to take HCL betaine, maybe link gastritis to it and gut problems too, which is getting better with chlorella and probiotics but obviously it's not enough?
So, if you have any suggestions, thoughts ANYTHING, i would REALLY appreciate it.
Oh and just to mention, pepto only worked a little for the first few days, later it was same all same all.
dan

Somethings Happening

Post by dan »

I've also been using chlorella and oral probiotics for a few months now. Seemed like it was working pretty well. But I ran out of the oral probiotics I was using (pro dental), and now that I've got a refill--after not using for about 10 days--in no longer seems effective. Perhaps my bacteria became immune to the probiotics. Really unfortunate as it was the only relief I've had in a long time.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Im using Body Mint wich is copper chlorophyl, IT ****ing WORKS. I have never been as fresh my whole life. No morning breath, u dont evn have to wear doderant. But we must find b out the cause
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

meowkity1 wrote:Im using Body Mint wich is copper chlorophyl, IT ****ing WORKS. I have never been as fresh my whole life. No morning breath, u dont evn have to wear doderant. But we must find b out the cause
I've thought about trying Body Mint but the copper in chlorophyll worries me. There was another product I used for a while but dropped it because it contained too much copper.
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

@meowkitty could you please tell me more about it, which brand do you use, i check for it online but there's no shipping available for my country. How long did u use it before u noticed improvement, and what kind of bb did u suffered from (oral/nasal, what kind of smell).

@Cres I saw in you signature u found something wrong with your gallblader, could you tell me more informations about it, cause on my ultrasound they told me mine is somehow reversed, and that's the only feedback i got on it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic