Your Email Address:

First Name:

@ old timers. How's life? For ppl who join forum before 2010

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Archimonde
Super Angel

@ old timers. How's life? For ppl who join forum before 2010

Post by Archimonde »

Tell me how your life is, the harsh reality of it and how you cope. No sugar coating, no pep talk.

I haven't made any progress whatsoever, I live like a urban hermit. Life mostly sucks. bla bla bla. I haven't kissed a girl since I was a teen (now 39). This life is a big joke! Oddly enough, I'm not really depressed and never have been but I should be, I got nothing going on for myself. Broke, lonely and stinky. LOL @ me.

How about you?

deebo

Post by deebo »

yep . jaded about it all in the best mood . otherwise same old crap , different day . the years blending together . Could be worse . ho-hum
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

same here, broke, lonely and stinky
but people get meaner and meaner every year, my bb is getting worse and worse I think
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Social interactions: Minimum. The only people I hang out are my very old friends who are familiar with my condition.

Girl friend: Non-existent

Work: Everyone at work cover up their nose while I talk, but since I do a good job and make %30-40 less money than I deserve, my boss is pretty happy and my position is secure. I should be able to find a much better job but thinking about the interviews and the new people and their reacions is too stressful, so I prefer to waste my life here.

The smell: I recently purchased Pro-Dental which is definitely not a cure but it gives you a few hours of relief. After a full brush-floss ritual, 2 pills make me bb-free for about 3 hours. I tried it at work and outside with random people, it seems to work. All the magic disappears soon after I eat though.
emotional rescue
Sheriff

Post by emotional rescue »

I think there wasn't really never a real progress for me. Just different stages that varies from time to time, for reasons that I'm not capable to fully distinguish.
I'm dealing with this problem since 1996 aprox, and I've been a member here for about 8 years now.
Some years ago I used to check this site 2 or 3 times a day, hopping for the miracle, the cure. I was in pain, but I was hopefull. This couldn't be forever...
20 years later, I come here to check from time to time, just in case, but with less hope, a lot more nihilist, a lot more depressed, and a lot mentally and spiritually weaker.
I can talk about this with no one, I couldn't stand the pitty look in the eyes of the people...for what? They can't do nothing to help me... All the people that I slightly talked about it with, they didn't knew what to do.... and heck, I don't blame them, I don't know what to do either. Doctor's are the worst... any speciality. We don't fit in any category of their books...therefore we don't exist. No one has the will to spend the time and money that searching for a cure will implicate. I only hope someday someone does, and that I'm still alive to see it, and feel it.
Because I can't talk with anyone about this, I feel no one understands me, no one understands my glance, my body language, they just don't get it... how could they imagine what is really going on my mind 24/7?
My mind doesn't stops,
So, I think I'm slowly becoming someone else, little by little... more of a weirdo.... little by little loosing my spark.
Trying to hold on, trying to remain in sanity... but it's hard.
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

no progress for me too and i sort of stopped trying to find a cure. the worst thing happened to me too as i think i started having nasal odor maybe last year
searching
Master
Post by searching »

I’ve been a forum member since 2007.

It’s an intriguing problem I/we cope with.

I’ve experimented with many methods.

I’m doing okay.

I manage my condition versus curing my condition.

For me I think the following theory applies and the following techniques work such that I have a normal work, social, and married life.

• I believe the root-cause of my BB is an above-average concentration of sulfate-reducing bacteria in my digestive system. Reference seen here. These bacteria convert sulfur containing components, from my diet, into offensive-smelling, volatile sulfur compounds such as hydrogen sulfide, methyl mercaptan, and/or dimethyl sulfide. These exit in my waste and through my breath. To control this, I ingest bismuth subsalicylate, in the form of Pepto Bismol™ tablets or caplets, sometimes on a daily basis, to sorb the sulfur liberated by the sulfate reducing bacteria, details seen here. I’ve written about this and posted on this site, seen here. Note: ostomy patients use bismuth subgallate, long term, sold as Devrom™ seen here and here to control odor of stool and flattus. I’ve noticed that when I ingest bismuth subsalicylate, the VSC’s in solid excrement are dramatically less potent, i.e. less offensive as well. This phenomenon has been cited in scholarly journals, for example seen here and patents, seen here. I do not know why my digestive system harbors this vigorous population of sulfate reducing bacteria. Perhaps it’s a below average concentration of immunoglobulin in my system.

• Secondly, I occasionally “reset” the consortium of oral microorganisms by brushing my teeth with a single aspirin tablet, to strip the biofilm off of my teeth. I’ve posted this as well, seen here.

• Thirdly, I eat all types of food; however, I limit the intake of carbohydrate to discourage an above-average proliferation of microbial activity in my digestive system. This too has been posted, seen here.

I understand that the above-mentioned techniques are not, or may not be, sanctioned by the medical, nor dental professionals; but, these are working for me.

I am in excellent health, with dentation in excellent condition, apart from needing to manage my BB with these unconventional methods.

I’m doing quite well actually.

Best wishes to all in finding a method to manage your condition.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Life is worst than ever. I joined in the early 2004 I believe and never dreamed this would be my life. I am now harassed on a daily basis by people in my apt. building and work, so I have no life and no where else to go for any kind of peace.

It's just very sad the way we live. I pray some day some kind of remedy will come along. Either that or we join forces and file a legal claim against the medical industry.

I also have the strong nose odor which makes this problem a hundred times worse. Nothing, of the many hundreds of products I've tried, helps that. Nothing.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Re: searching

Thank you for the explanatory post with many informative links. Please read my post here

My questions are:

1. What is the longest time period you kept using bismuth regularly?
2. Have you ever experienced any side effects, did you feel the need to take a break after a while?
3. Did you ever get tested for bismuth levels in your system for potential toxicity?

If one or two tablets daily still manages your bb, safest approach would be to use it for 2-3 months then get tested to see if it accumulated in your system to critical levels. According to the article I linked, mild symptons are documented in patients with serum levels in the mid 30s ug/L.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

compor wrote:Re: searching

Thank you for the explanatory post with many informative links. Please read my post here

My questions are:

2. Have you ever experienced any side effects, did you feel the need to take a break after a while?
3. Did you ever get tested for bismuth levels in your system for potential toxicity?

If one or two tablets daily still manages your bb, safest approach would be to use it for 2-3 months then get tested to see if it accumulated in your system to critical levels. According to the article I linked, mild symptons are documented in patients with serum levels in the mid 30s ug/L.

I tried bismuth for 3 months it did not work and i did not get any side effects.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

compor wrote:searching
10 months continuously, then discontinuously; however, the discontinuation was not due to any observed, negative side effect.
compor wrote:2. Have you ever experienced any side effects, did you feel the need to take a break after a while?
No.
compor wrote:3. Did you ever get tested for bismuth levels in your system for potential toxicity?
I have not.

I have, incidentally, been in the work force for about 29 years. I have taken zero sick days off from work, i.e. my health is good, perhaps above average regarding lost time. I get colds occasionally; however, nothing too severe. The high intake of bismuth does not appear to affect me negatively as of yet.

I am not a physician; nor, am I suggesting that others take this approach.

I share this methodology anecdotally to provide a theory of BB root cause.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic