Your Email Address:

First Name:

A Recent Discovery

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ExhaleSafely

A Recent Discovery

Post by ExhaleSafely »

I have bad heartburn almost daily. This however isn't the source of BB in my opinion, as my dad, granddad, and brother all have the same heartburn problems and their breath is never bad.

Anyways, I take pepto bismol often at night. Pepto turns your tongue black due to a reaction with sulfur (which is created by VSC producing bacteria).

Recently I purchased some Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2% mouthwash, and started using it in the morning and at night. To my surprise, when I wake up in the morning now, sitting on my tongue is just a ton of pink pepto bismol that has sat there since I chewed the pepto tablets right before going to bed.

I should note, chewing the tablets cakes the tongue, and for me at least, it stays there until I wake up in the morning. Prior to Chlorhexidine mouthwash, I would wake up with a completely black tongue that would take a ton of brushing and scraping to get rid of.

I have done this experiment with other mouthwashes also. All of them help to some degree, but nothing as remarkable as this new stuff.

Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Chlorhexidine mouthwash is pretty much the only thing that's keeping me alive. It's extremely potent. gargling it for a minute gives me up to 10 hours relief. Normal mouthwashes like listerine gives me maybe 30 minutes.

It's just sad that you can't use it every day. It builds up dental calculus and stains your teeth if you keep using it.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Corpsebreath wrote:Chlorhexidine mouthwash is pretty much the only thing that's keeping me alive. It's extremely potent. gargling it for a minute gives me up to 10 hours relief. Normal mouthwashes like listerine gives me maybe 30 minutes.

It's just sad that you can't use it every day. It builds up dental calculus and stains your teeth if you keep using it.
If you get 10 hours then why are you here
Atrial
Advanced

Re: A Recent Discovery

Post by Atrial »

ExhaleSafely wrote:I have bad heartburn almost daily. This however isn't the source of BB in my opinion, as my dad, granddad, and brother all have the same heartburn problems and their breath is never bad.

Anyways, I take pepto bismol often at night. Pepto turns your tongue black due to a reaction with sulfur (which is created by VSC producing bacteria).

Recently I purchased some Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2% mouthwash, and started using it in the morning and at night. To my surprise, when I wake up in the morning now, sitting on my tongue is just a ton of pink pepto bismol that has sat there since I chewed the pepto tablets right before going to bed.

I should note, chewing the tablets cakes the tongue, and for me at least, it stays there until I wake up in the morning. Prior to Chlorhexidine mouthwash, I would wake up with a completely black tongue that would take a ton of brushing and scraping to get rid of.

I have done this experiment with other mouthwashes also. All of them help to some degree, but nothing as remarkable as this new stuff.

Black colour is due to pepto binding to the sulfite.
Using chx reduces the sulfite due to less bacteria in your mouth just common sense.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Atrial wrote:
Corpsebreath wrote:Chlorhexidine mouthwash is pretty much the only thing that's keeping me alive. It's extremely potent. gargling it for a minute gives me up to 10 hours relief. Normal mouthwashes like listerine gives me maybe 30 minutes.

Nice reading skills... I said i can't keep using i because It ruins your teeth. I can only use it for a few days every now and then.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote:

Nice reading skills... I said i can't keep using i because It ruins your teeth. I can only use it for a few days every now and then.
Chx is nothing more that antibacterial mouthwash if it works there are antibacterial mouthwashes that do the same thing.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Atrial wrote:
Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote: If you get 10 hours then why are you here
Chx is nothing more that antibacterial mouthwash if it works there are antibacterial mouthwashes that do the same thing.
Chlorhexidine works differently than other antibacterial mouthwashes. I have tried many different brands. Most gives me 20-30 minutes relief.

From wikipedia:
"If it is not deactivated, chlorhexidine lasts longer in the mouth than other mouthwashes, which is partly why it is to be preferred over other treatments for gingivitis."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorhexidine#Dental_use
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote:
Corpsebreath wrote: Nice reading skills... I said i can't keep using i because It ruins your teeth. I can only use it for a few days every now and then.
Chlorhexidine works differently than other antibacterial mouthwashes. I have tried many different brands. Most gives me 20-30 minutes relief.

From wikipedia:
"If it is not deactivated, chlorhexidine lasts longer in the mouth than other mouthwashes, which is partly why it is to be preferred over other treatments for gingivitis."

you're deluded if you think your bb is due to your mouth
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Atrial wrote:
Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote: Chx is nothing more that antibacterial mouthwash if it works there are antibacterial mouthwashes that do the same thing.

From wikipedia:

Tell me then, what's my bb due to? TMAU?
lmao...
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote:
Corpsebreath wrote: Chlorhexidine works differently than other antibacterial mouthwashes. I have tried many different brands. Most gives me 20-30 minutes relief.

From wikipedia:

lmao...
If it's due to your mouth then learn how to clean your dirty mouth and buy a toothbrush.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Atrial wrote:
Corpsebreath wrote:
Atrial wrote:

lmao...
If it's due to your mouth then learn how to clean your dirty mouth and buy a toothbrush.
You think i don't know how to brush my ****ing teeth? Go ***k yourself troll. Everytime i'm at the dentist, i get praised for them. I have excellent oral hygiene. But it doesn't matter. I could spend one hour cleaning my mouth. Brush my teeth, tongue, and floss etc. And it would still come back within 30 minutes.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

How do you know your bb was gone and came back after 30 mins
It was not gone you are making assumption.

According murad aydin if you use zinc mouth wash and you still have bb then it's not oral related.

Try it and come back instead of assuming it's your mouth.
And there is no need to use foul languge here
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Atrial wrote:How do you know your bb was gone and came back after 30 mins
It was not gone you are making assumption.

According murad aydin if you use zinc mouth wash and you still have bb then it's not oral related.

Try it and come back instead of assuming it's your mouth.
And there is no need to use foul languge here
I'm not making assumptions, you are. You don't know anything about my condition or symptoms, and yet you assume you do.
I know it's coming from my tongue.

When i do the lick test it smells fecal. And i can smell it when i blow into my nose. I can also taste it. If i clean my tongue it goes away for a little while.
Chx mouthwash makes it go away for a long time.
Go figure. It's not exactly rocket science.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Just use the Zinc mouth wash to find out 100%
ijwbtrma

Post by ijwbtrma »

Atrial, you have no idea. You are still deceiving your self because your subconscious mind is trying to make you believe that your mouth isn't dirty. Dude! I'm sure 95% of the people here have halitosis from tongue including you.... You all have to stop deceiving yourselves and blaming your internal system. I used to do that too.... Why did Jimi have a 4/5 rating when his tongue odor was checked and then a 2/5 rating when his nasal odor was checked??? TONGUE!!! STOP DECEIVING YOURSELVES.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic