Your Email Address:

First Name:

Herbal therapy equally effective as antibiotics for SIBO

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Herbal therapy equally effective as antibiotics for SIBO

Post by Corpsebreath »

There was a study done last year that showed that some herbal therapies are equally effective as antibiotics for resolving SIBO:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 14.019.pdf

I know there are some here who suspects SIBO might be the cause. So for you, this therapy could be worth a try. Also, when you take regular antibiotics for SIBO, you can't really know if the improvement is due to the SIBO going away, or if it's just the antibiotics killing bacteria in the mouth. But the herbs are only active in the gut, so if it helps, you can pretty much rule out other causes. I have already ordered it, it cost 50 dollars. I'm going to try it out soon. I'll also follow a specific diet during the treatment.

StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

Very interesting read!

Herbal supplements as effective as antibiotics. I did find it strange, though, that the study did not differentiate between the two sets of herbal regiments. Kind of left it up to the participants to make the choice.

The article said:
2 capsules twice daily of the following commercial herbal preparations; Dysbiocide and FC Cidal (Biotics Research Laboratories, Rosenberg, Texas) or Candibactin-AR and Candibactin-BR (Metagenics, Inc, Aliso Viejo, California) for 4 consecutive weeks.

Corpse, which ones did you buy? And do you think they are safe? Sometimes herbs can have serious side effects. I don't think they are regulated by the FDA.

Interesting that you posted this study. I just watched a show on tv that discussed ... just how important bacteria in our gut is to our overall well being. It is a delicate ecosystem that sometimes gets disrupted. "Bad" bacteria in the gut can cause all sorts of problems and is strangely related to all sorts of ailments. Once the bacterial ecosystem is back to normal, many chronic diseases disappear. The show discussed Fecal Transplants as a remarkable way of resetting this ecosystem. In the future, we may find Fecal Transplants as a cure for things like Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, diabetes, Depression, and even Halitosis.
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Yes quite strange that.. I chose the Dysbiocide and Fc-cidal by Biotics research, because they were much cheaper.

Hmmm, rereading the treatment protocol, i'm confused. Did they take 2 capsules twice daily from each of the two bottles, for a total of 8 capsules a day? Or did they take two capsules twice a day of either regiment, for a total of 4 capsules a day?

Anyway i think they're safe to use. They are made for commercial use, and in the study, only one person in the herbal group experienced side effects. Many more did so in the antibiotic group.

What you say about the gut flora i so true. I think that in a few years time when they really begin to understand it, health care will reach a whole new level. One year ago i was very into the whole gut flora idea. I became so convinced that fixing my gut flora would cure me, that i actually attempted a series of fecal transplants... Unfortunately they backfired and i ended up getting IBS.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic