Your Email Address:

First Name:

Management Routine...not a cure.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
stillhopeful808
Total Newbie

Management Routine...not a cure.

Post by stillhopeful808 »

Hello all. Have been sifting through the site trying to compile a list of things to try and had hoped to provide everyone with the key to a cure by now, but as with most of you it still alludes me. I have, however, developed a system of management over the years that isn't really anything ground breaking but I'll share it none the less.
Basically I attack the BB at the nose, tonsils, and orally (mouth/tongue)

Oral
-Waterpick gums
-Scrape tongue
-Brush teeth with pretty much any toothpaste (using breath RX brand at the moment)
- use the orabrush to clean my tongue.
-Next is a very extensive mouthwash routine. This is where i think i differ from some of the posts ive seen on here (albiet it I've only made it through about 1/4 of the general posts forum) I basically use 5 different mouthwashes (sometimes 4 if I'm in a time crunch) and swish and gargle with each for 1 minute twice. I gargle 30 seconds directly backward, then tilt my head to one side for 15 seconds then the other side for 15 seconds. Spit the mouth wash out and do it again. Here is a sample lineup, although the lineup is always changing
1) Closys 2) Breath Rx, 3) Smart Mouth, 4) hydrogen peroxide, 5) nutribiotic gse mouthwash (one of my favorites)

Tonsils
-To clean my tonsils I'm currently using syringes bough off amazon. I fill a solo cup of water and just plug away at them until I get some stones out or just until I feel like they've been thoroughly cleaned. Ive tried using the waterpik in the past but even at the lowest setting it is too painful for me.

Nasal
-Currently using a neilmed to clean my sinuses every morning and night. Have tried all sorts of adds (i.e. oregano oil, and gse) but don't really notice a difference from just the good ol saline solution. I also have a sinupulse coming soon so I will update after I try it out and let you guys know if its worth the money

I combine this routine with sipping water throughout the day and constantly chewing gum. My gum of choice is the normal flavor of 5 gum. It doesn't mess with my stomach and it lasts the longest. Usually around lunch time I'll have a mouthwash or two with me and try and use them in the bathroom at work. By the end of the day I pretty much have 0 confidence in my breath but I'd still say its better than in the morning before I begin my routine. For the first few hours of the day I'm usually very confident my breath is pretty good, which is always a good feeling.

Hope this post is somewhat helpful for some of you looking for a temporary fix while you search for a cure.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for sharing what helps you.
If you haven't tried before, try brushing chlorhexidine digluconate into your tongue, using your tooth scraping device. This way you will eliminate the problem of tooth staining. It will take a few days for your tongue surface to get used to it, and for you to get used to a mild sense of taste alteration.

Also, if your nasal odour isn't caused by a nasal problem of some kind, you might find that reducing your carbohydrate intake may help. Search for "searching's" recent posts. I've always suffered with PND and since cutting out carbs I've noticed a huge difference and I'm sure it's for a digestive/systemic reason. It may also be because I've cut out virtually all wheat based foods. I'll find out eventually through process of elimination. I've never felt healthier in my life. Lots of protein and low carbohydrate vegetables. BB and fear of BB totally under control.
stillhopeful808
Total Newbie

having trouble finding searchings post. How long did it take on the low carb diet before you noticed a difference. Also, I just so happened to order chlorohexidine a little over a week ago from the UK (cause I can't get it here in the US and my ENT shot me down), and it arrived today. Do you use it everyday, and does its effectiveness diminish over time?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you click on forum at the top of the main page, search down the forum you'll see his name. Click on it and there's an option to view all his posts. Go through the last 10 or so.

I noticed an immediate difference. By the next day. I am noticing my swollen tummy is shrinking too, but it could similar be weight loss. The only place I have fat on my body is my abdomen. It's not just fat, it looks swollen and I also have a far more settled guts.

Yes I'm using the chlorhexidine every day and the effectiveness for me isn't diminishing at all and no side effects. Sorry for rushed/late reply.
stillhopeful808
Total Newbie

Ok, will try both. Thanks for the advice!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic