Your Email Address:

First Name:

White tongue is now somewhat gone

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Tired1234

White tongue is now somewhat gone

Post by Tired1234 »

Hello everyone

I've had bad breath for as long as I can remember. I am 25 now. I've tried lots of supplements, probiotics, wisdom teeth and tonsil removal, veganism, grape seed extract, chlorophyll, Neti pot, clinical mouthwash, orabrush tongue foam or whatever it's called, therabreath, the list goes on..

I used to have a thick white tongue everyday but that is now gone. (Not completely but it looks like a somewhat normal tongue now. It gets white after eating still [no idea why, please tell me if you know])
How I did it: brush tongue with 3% hydrogen peroxide. Eventually the white tongue does go away. I stopped using hydrogen peroxide. I don't need it anymore.

Now I just brush, floss, scrape, and mouthwash everyday. Make sure I poop everyday and drink lots of water. I just started taking digestive enzymes. I don't eat dairy because I think it contributes to white tongue and bad breath. I also think red meat and pork gives bad breath. Whenever I eat that type of meat, my friend always says "did someone eat a lot of meat? Someone has meat breath" it's always me. Anyways I always have gum on me. Eating food makes my bad breath go away for a little but it comes back after an hour.

My breath has improved loads because of the white tongue thing but for some reason my breath is still sour when I do lick test sometimes. Does any one else have or had this?

Anyways, try the hydrogen peroxide on your white tongue morning and night. It will go away

Bear44

Post by Bear44 »

Yes, my bad breath sometimes goes away for just a little bit after I eat but then returns.

My breath almost always smells when I do the lick test as well.

Do you know if you have acid reflux?
bluestar
Total Newbie

Post by bluestar »

perfect tongue according to Chinese medicine is pale pink with thin white coat evenly rooted. When you have a thick white coats means you have some kinds imbalance is going on with your body. It could be many things but if you have bb means your spleen qi is not working properly (problem with digestion) If you have weak spleen and stomach, you probably need to tonify them which means you need to strengthen your digesting system. If you have a thick yellow coat means you have heat in your system so you need to clear those heat. If you have a thick greasy coat means you have dampness which need to be drained.

To me coating on tongue is not the problem but signs of problems. We need to fix the root of problems not branches. So getting rid of tone coat is not the real solution in my opinion. We need to deeper to find the real solution. Ultimately, what we want is beautiful almost perfect healthy body.
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

I'm not sure how I can tell if I have acid reflux. I have no syptoms. I think my friend said her grandma had acid reflux and whenever she burped it was super sour. .. And she had a sour taste in her mouth. I have sour breath and lick test but I don't taste anything sour. Sometimes I taste metallic

How can you tell if you have silent reflux ?

And also I know about the dampness and stuff. I also wasted about 400$ bucks on acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I mean, I'm sure the medicine is good for your body but I didn't find that it helped with my bad breath.

My tongue is pretty much normal as how you described. Pale pink with white thin coating, super thin. But after I eat, that's when I get the white coating :(

Anyone here with sour breath problems? That does not have diabetes ?
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

Bear, how does it smell when you do your lick test??
bluestar
Total Newbie

Post by bluestar »

I am sorry to hear that Chinese medicine didn’t work out for you. But when I tried TCM methods it didn’t work at first few time either. Our’ body is lot more complex than we think and so is our bb. bb’s source can more than one thing that’s why it’s hard to get it right at the first time. Whenever I try Chinese herbs, I always goes by one week at a time and see my body’s reaction. If there is no changes then try different herbs. Try a few more times with different herbs with different person. To me, you sounds like you have food stagnation going on with weak spleen qi. But whatever is I think we need to keep searching and never give up.
bluestar
Total Newbie

Post by bluestar »

Or maybe.. your body is too acidic. have you check your ph balance? mine was low around 6.25. If then, drink baking soda water. One tablespoon of baking soda with ½ of warm water. It can change your ph over night.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Your case sounds very similar to mine. However I was able to get rid of the tongue coating after eliminating dairy from my diet. But I still have BB, and still at square one with trying to figure out the cause.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

Stillhoping,

I have the same exact thing as you. Dairy makes it worse.

Sour/vinegar smell,
Takes odor of any food eaten,

What do you do to help your breath stay okay during the day?
Do you have any theories of what our problem could be?

I was thinking either acidic body& mouth, hormonal changes, or digestion problems.
Honestly I'm not sure what it could be.

Bluestar, I haven't tried drinking baking soda, I was afraid because I've read it's bad to drink. What do you do to keep your breath okay during the day?
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

@stillhoping

Do you think it could be from dry mouth or dehydration?? Saliva gland dysfunction
bluestar
Total Newbie

Post by bluestar »

I know drinking baking soda sounds crazy but check this our https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKC45xXVKKc
you might change your mind.

My breath is under control these days. I definitely thinks that Chinese herbs and other my daily ritual helped. If I do get bad taste in my mouth during the day, I goggle with water with a few drops of oregano essential oil (I always carry the small bottle with me)
bluestar
Total Newbie

Post by bluestar »

just one more thing.. speaking of crazy things, I have done many crazy things to fix my bb problem. from coffee enemas to drinking my own urine but there is one thing I did not try was taking antibiotic. To me, killing every bacteria (good and bad) in my system to fix my breath problem is the craziest idea that I won’t try. But I am sure that’s what the western doctors will recommend without too much hesitation… so I guess it’s just matter of different opinions and perspective
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Tired1234, there's really not much I can do apart from the usual gum/ forever mints at work. Sometimes I'll eat candy all day since my breath takes on a stale version of whatever I eat but Ive been trying to cut out sugar as well recently. I avoid interacting with co-workers as much as possible, they probably think I'm a rude bitch but oh well. I avoid eye contact when talking with people soo I can avoid seeing them cover their nose cuz all it would take is for me to see one nose rub to ruin my day and put me in a depressed mood.

Honestly, I feel like I have tried almost everything out there. To the point where I suspect I may have made my bb worse over the years because before ppl could only smell it upclose but now Im getting reactions from afar. Or maybe this problem just gets worse with age.

This summer I did look into the whole acidic body/ digestion problem theories to no avail. I'm back to thinking it might be a bacteria thing because of another thread on here by Cal. After following Cal's regime which focused on eliminating oral bacteria; my bb improved and I would have relief for many hours [until I drank/ ate]. Ofcourse, within a few weeks it slowly but surely stopped working. But it made me realize; why would that have worked unless the problem was due to a problem in my mouth?

Soo maybe we have some type of strong oral bacteria that can be highly resistant? But I do agree that dry mouth/ dehydration must also play a part because I feel like my tongue always gets dry fast. Like if you notice with alot of normal ppl; they always have bright pink tongue flowing with saliva. But Ive tried dry mouth products and they didnt work, soo who even knows...
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

Stillhoping ,

I had h. Pylori too
Was treated..

Do you think it could be that?
Sometimes my mother breath is also sour. She also was treated for h. Pylori..

Maybe we weren't treated correctly ??
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic