Your Email Address:

First Name:

Work

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Tired1234

Work

Post by Tired1234 »

Is it hard for you guys to work? And have a significant other??

I keep quiting my jobs because the anxiety just gets sooo hard.. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm scared to death..

Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

What do you guys do to stay "okay" during the work day
Trunks99
Advanced

Post by Trunks99 »

Tired1234 wrote:What do you guys do to stay "okay" during the work day
If I want to stay "okay" I do the following:
- stay active: reduces anxiety and helps release toxins
- remove gluten/dairy/sugar
- floss/brush my teeth/nasal rinse
- If you have digestive problems, drinking apple cider vinegar before meals helps, apparently.

Try to meditate, that might help your anxiety too.
Good luck!
Bear44

Re: Work

Post by Bear44 »

Tired1234 wrote:Is it hard for you guys to work? And have a significant other??

I keep quiting my jobs because the anxiety just gets sooo hard.. I'm starting a new job tomorrow and I'm scared to death..
Dude I work in a restaurant and have to interact with customers face to face all the time, and it makes me really self-conscious...I almost never talk directly at them, I usually angle my face a little away. I feel like if people sense you have bad breath they just assume you don't brush, floss, shower, and/or eat fish 3 times a day...Unfortunately that couldn't be further from the truth...Sometimes our minds are our own worst enemies...

On a similar note, I have about 5-6 dates lined up this week and already have 2 in the books. I wasn't able to kiss the first two, but we'll see about the one tomorrow, Sat. afternoon, and the back to back ones on Sunday. Kind of curious to see if they have any reactions if we kiss. Although my breath actually becomes somewhat normal for an hour or two after my triple mouthwash routine explained below...Just to be safe I almost always order peppermint tea when on coffee dates or make some when on home dates in hopes that it will suppress any odor.

I sometimes go out on my days off and try to meet women and this week I just happened to get a lot of #'s that weren't flakes. Most weeks aren't like this though...This is probably the most dates I've ever had in a week..

Even though I'm super self-conscious about my bad breath, I try not to let it stop me from living, even though there have been many many times where I just stay home alone and wallow because of my breath issues. I can imagine looking back years from now and just shaking my head at all I missed out on because I refused to participate. I'd rather take part in activities like dating and fail then not try at all because I feel limited by this problem. I at least want to be able to say I gave it my all and tried my best rather than not even trying.

I make sure to brush, floss, gargle with peroxide, gargle with essential oils, and gargle with mouthwash, and always carry gum pretty much every time I walk out my door.

Also, for some reason I think my problem is more of a taste issue and is only isolated to my tongue, hence why I think it's coming from my stomach. What I mean is...If I breath over your nose I don't think you'll be able to smell much (Haven't really tested this too much), but If I lick my hand and have you smell it, it smells absolutely terrible. This is why kissing someone scares the shitzu out of me because then they'll really be able to get a full dose of the bear scent and never want to kiss me again. This has yet to happen, but mainly because I've been so self-conscious that I haven't been making the normal effort to try and kiss people knowing my tongue smells terrible. I'm going to go all out this week though, so I'll let you know if I kiss anyone on these dates and what their reaction is.

I did kiss three girls that I can remember since this started happening to me. One simply stopped texting me. I made out multiple times with another one on the first date, but she never texted me again. And the last one I made out with simply wasn't interested in what I had to offer, but we made out a few times and I later asked her if my breath smelled and she replied "You're breath smelled like petunias, it was fine :)".
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

Bear,

I really admire you. How you live life and don't let our condition hold you down. I wish I had that mindset. I'm too scared.

How old are you if I don't mind asking?
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

I think my problem might be my tongue too or at least something to do with my mouth like dry mouth or something. I always have gum with me but sometimes that doesn't even help

My tongue always gets white after eating. Is that how yours is ?
crazy4it
Advanced
Post by crazy4it »

I drive a semi truck so I got a lot of time by myself it's like the perfect job. I also started driving uber as a part time when I'm no trucking. Out of 50 trips 42 gave me 5 stars the rest 4 and 3. I got my fingers crossed
DanielPine
Advanced
Post by DanielPine »

A lot of people on this site like to use bb as an excuse not to work. I have worked in customer service, retail, and IT. I still worked just as hard as anyone else and got where I wanted to be.
Bear44

Post by Bear44 »

Tired1234 wrote:Bear,

I really admire you. How you live life and don't let our condition hold you down. I wish I had that mindset. I'm too scared.

How old are you if I don't mind asking?
24 years old. I was scared too...shit, I'm still scared now lol...I can't remember a time I haven't been scared.

I've also been noticing my mouth gets dry so easily...We all know what effect that has on our problems...
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

Bear

I'm 24 too.

I'm trying to live my life. I had my first day of work today. Smelled fersure and that's all I can think about.. I had to eat gum all day and I'm sick of it

But still trying to live life.

We need to figure out how to keep our mouth moist.

I try to eat fruit at my work desk to help with my bb
And then there's gum. I find that fruit helps.

Also scrape my tongue after lunch
/meals
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

Good luck to you, and everyone on this website. Life is too short. Let's try to live
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

So I went to work and it's been my third day. The girl sitting in front of me put an air purifier/fan on her desk today. She didn't have it there before. I'm pretty sure it's because I smell and it's going to her..

I hate myself.

I wish we were normal. How easy life would be..

I wish we could all team up and work together instead. Instead of being around other people
Tired1234

Post by Tired1234 »

What do you guys do for work?
whatdidido
Junior
Post by whatdidido »

I had a wicked job working for Imperial Oil as an Admin Asst. I worked 4 years totally fine, and the last year i developed bad breath and when i finally passed the denial phase, I quit. I will never have that type of employment opportunity again, and i worked incredibly hard to get there so it really does break my heart to think about it. My clients began to not want to meet with me, my co workers were making remarks behind my back (close enough for me to hear) etc...my boyfriend stopped kissing me... I just couldn't take it anymore.
That was two years ago, and since then I work during the summer and just study during the Fall/Winter-- that way i don't have to make any close bonds with people.. Im in University now and pretty much just seclude myself. I get good grades, but no body wants to talk to me, sit near me, or even hear what i have to say. I have presentations weekly, where i stand up in front of my class of 50 people and speak continuously for up to 30 minutes some times. It takes everything in me to not just burst out in tears and tell everyone that i can see them covering their noses. I can only imagine what the class room smells like afterwards.
Im seriously having mental break downs more often these days. I can't convince myself that life is good anymore and I'm blessed to be alive. Life used to be good, I'm cursed now... and alone.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

@whatddidi stay strong girl and try veggie diet and increase your water intake. Try to meet up with another person from this site to relax with.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic