Your Email Address:

First Name:

Relief for 3 years and more

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Relief for 3 years and more

Post by Johnuk »

Hi everyone,

I've returned to this forum after 3 years. Since I couldn't remember my old username I had to setup a new one.

I'll keep things short and simple for everyone's benefit, I've had extreme oral bad breath for 15 years and almost equally as bad nasal BB for around 12 years.

And I'm afraid I'm still suffering from minor symptoms of the two. The cause, well, likely post nasal drip/rhinitis and possibly something else that I couldn't figure out. Did I do any surgeries, nope. Any crazy treatment regiments, yep, almost all there is. Results of these, pretty much everything either was useless to start with or became useless after a while.

So what have I been doing for the last 3 years?

well, getting married, having kids, getting promotions in my day job.

How? Somebody on this forum once pointed to a combination that worked for him, that is, salt + baking soda (=neilmed sachets) + xylitol + lactoferrin tablets.

What do I do with these?

Once in the morning I gargle with 250 ml or so of water and of course these ingredients as thorough as I can. In terms of quantity, 4 sachets of neilmed, 2 sachets of xylitol and 2 tabs of lactoferrin. You can get all this easily off amazon. I've been using this regiment for last 3 years and my BB has improved considerably, these were the best 3 years of my life!

Please try it and see how it goes for you! If you have success, post it here. Forget all the brands out there claiming to do wonders. They really were a waste of my money.

Best,
John
Last edited by Johnuk on Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

why dont you put this in waterpik, under your gums is where the problem is and you are not touching it by gargling this.....so maybe you can go to 100% by using waterpik and spraying this between your teeth
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

Well appreciate the suggestion, but that would be focusing on the wrong area. If the gums were the source, then visits to several hygienists years ago would have either done the trick completely or perhaps at least given a few hours relief. They never did. Years ago I thought it was my stomach or gut and ended up starving myself with greens and raw food. I believe the problem is spread across my mouth/throat/nasal passages. I used to clear my nasal passages with neilmed bottles first, but that just didn't do it for me both in terms of effect as well as effort.

The solution only works for me if I thoroughly rinse my mouth, throat and in particular the passage between mouth and nose where PND accumulates. Remember I said I have rhinitis/PND, these fuel bacteria/biofilms. Xylitol can break these down together with the salt+baking soda and lactoferrin. I'm quite happy with the status quo as I can eat and drink anything I want now, rock at my job (attend any meeting, do any sales presentation, in fact I'm now getting another promotion) hang out with friends, loving wife, kid and relatives.

I do believe their is a light odor still present, but that is something I can live with given that there is no cure for my advanced level of the condition. How would I idenfy each and every bacteria causing the BB, isolate it and remove it. That would probably do more harm to my body than good anyways. I do urge you all to give this a try if you haven't done yet.

I do not think there is simply a "cure" for everyone, but there certainly is relief. Do not waste your money on BB products, books, doctors, hygienists, who claim to have a cure.

Go for this.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

dude your bad breath must not have been that bad from beggining, if you had friends, wife, kids before, maybe you are exagarrating, something that seems bad to me seems minor to the rest.

Just one question....if you went to a bar and start talking, did everybody leave the bar?

If not your bb was not room filling and not really bad....
maybe for you bad means that people stepped away or gave you gum....who knows...
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

I thought that may come up, maybe let me clarify. It was pretty bad. People would not get close or walk away sort. No they would not leave a bar, but it would fill up a room pretty quickly if I was just sitting there, not talking. If I started to say a sentence it would fill up a room in seconds (depends on the room size of course). Obviously there used to be good days and bad days.

See i my post, I got married in the last 3 years and had kids, so it has been good days since I started with this solution.

A few more things since I'm here, also keep up those multivits, vit C + zink tabs, omega oil tabs and probiotics. All help IMO.

What's the problem with trying what I suggested? I'm not marketing any products or services here? If people have tried already and it didn't work for them, so be it. it's not neccessarily a one fit all solution.

All the best.
Anita
Total Newbie

Post by Anita »

Tks... Im gonna try
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

i think you can add a few drops of bleach as mouthwash. Can you try it maybe that will fix your bb even more
jamie09
Total Newbie

Post by jamie09 »

thanks for posting im gonna try this, but i have one question, how do you rinse between
"in particular the passage between mouth and nose where PND accumulates. " is that through neti pot or gargle? please describe the process
StillBattling

Post by StillBattling »

Johnuk wrote:I thought that may come up, maybe let me clarify. It was pretty bad. People would not get close or walk away sort. No they would not leave a bar, but it would fill up a room pretty quickly if I was just sitting there, not talking. If I started to say a sentence it would fill up a room in seconds (depends on the room size of course). Obviously there used to be good days and bad days.

See i my post, I got married in the last 3 years and had kids, so it has been good days since I started with this solution.

A few more things since I'm here, also keep up those multivits, vit C + zink tabs, omega oil tabs and probiotics. All help IMO.

What's the problem with trying what I suggested? I'm not marketing any products or services here? If people have tried already and it didn't work for them, so be it. it's not neccessarily a one fit all solution.

All the best.
Thanks for sharing. Did you get any reactions like nose rubs? Did your tongue smelled before?
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

jamie09 wrote:thanks for posting im gonna try this, but i have one question, how do you rinse between
"in particular the passage between mouth and nose where PND accumulates. " is that through neti pot or gargle? please describe the process
he probably sprays with a nasal bottle in that area of adenoids....am I right?
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

StillBattling wrote:
Johnuk wrote:I thought that may come up, maybe let me clarify. It was pretty bad. People would not get close or walk away sort. No they would not leave a bar, but it would fill up a room pretty quickly if I was just sitting there, not talking. If I started to say a sentence it would fill up a room in seconds (depends on the room size of course). Obviously there used to be good days and bad days.

All the best.
Thanks for sharing. Did you get any reactions like nose rubs? Did your tongue smelled before?
Trust me, I'm a very keen observer. I work in the financial services industry and I can say without doubt that I'm a both good with people and good with knowing what their reactions mean. I've had people say it to my face, rubbing their noses is nothing new, it still happens on occasions, remember this is not a cure, just relief and there are good and bad days. However, this solution has enabled me to excel in my personal and professional life for the last 3+ years and I really feel there should be more out there trying it. I really can't believe that products like Therabreath, smartmouth, Orafresh, dentyl etc are still out there and by looks of it, picking up in sales! My experience is that all these are a complete and utter waste of your hard earned money. For me money is less of an issue now, as I do earn enough to be able to afford what I like, having both a successful day job and a start-up in marketing.

My advice, try it, enjoy it and perfect if you can! One final note, the longer you use it, I think the more your situation will improve.

Finally, make sure you keep up with those vitamins at the same time as I said and avoid processed or bad foods. Eat what you like, but eat it fresh or home made and the good sleep is undoubtedly essential!
Last edited by Johnuk on Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

Jimi Stein wrote:
jamie09 wrote:thanks for posting im gonna try this, but i have one question, how do you rinse between
he probably sprays with a nasal bottle in that area of adenoids....am I right?
Nope I'm all for the simple stuff. Gargle as far as you can and tilt your head back, swish it around as far up and down as you can. You don't want it going into your nose, just to the area between nose and mouth.

Do that once in the morning, once half an hour after lunch and once at night before you sleep in the beginning and see how that goes!
Johnuk
Total Newbie

Post by Johnuk »

Jimi Stein wrote:i think you can add a few drops of bleach as mouthwash. Can you try it maybe that will fix your bb even more
Bleach as a mouthwash?!? Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The most I would use that for would be to clean my bathrooms.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Johnuk wrote:
Jimi Stein wrote:i think you can add a few drops of bleach as mouthwash. Can you try it maybe that will fix your bb even more
Bleach as a mouthwash?!? Oh dear oh dear oh dear. The most I would use that for would be to clean my bathrooms.
based on this study it might work

http://www.rdhmag.com/articles/print/vo ... shing.html
feelitagain

Post by feelitagain »

use the neilmed I use for sinus irrigation?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic