Your Email Address:

First Name:

Possible cure? Sibo

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Heather1223
Total Newbie

Possible cure? Sibo

Post by Heather1223 »

Soooo, i've been having this chronic Horrible breath for about 2 years now that does not go away after brushing, tongue scraping, flossing, using mouth wash etc, also now for the past 6 months the smell has even been coming out of my nose when i breath out, which myself and everyone around me could smell! Sometimes it smells like poop, sometimes like an old cheese smell, other times it even smells metalic. Its so gross! Ive also had chronic fatigue and brain fog.

Now for the past few months ive developed underarm sweating constantly and odor that comes not even an hour after i shower! All these symptoms not only affected my social life, but also had me worried that it can be something serious.

I went to my primary doctor and had all types of bloodwork, everything came back normal. He kept on telling me nothing is wrong with me and looked at me like im
Completely crazy but would touch his nose and make faces when he smelt my breath. He also didnt take my extreme fatiguee serious. Went to my gyno and had hormone levels tested.. Everything normal! Allergist.. I was allergic to a few basic things like dust mites and pollen but he said that it wouldnt be causing these symptoms. This past week i started getting really bad ezema on my chest and arms which i never had before... so i went to my dermatologst and he gave me a sterioid cream. As far as underarm sweating he gave me drysol which barley worked it just mixed with the smell.

The last doctor i ended up going to is the gastro and i told him about the horrible breath, nose odor, and BO and he didnt really have answers for me. I also mentioned how throughout the day after i eat, my stomach gets very bloated! And i feel so full , weak and tired all the time. He mentioned IBS, which i never thought was an issue but when he told me about it, it did make me think of all the times i would have constant diahrea and also constipation sometimes. I started looking online and came across SIBO and asked to be tested for it, he said sure. I took the test last week, when back to my GI doctor today and the test was postive! He is now going to put me on xifaxan for two weeks, my insurance just sucks so i have to wait for my insurance to approve the medication since its so expensive which can take about a week..

My question here is could this be the cause of this horrible bad breath and nasal odor that seems to always linger from the back of my throat no matter how much i brush? Could this be the reason for my sudden sweating and armpit odor? Fatigue and brain fog? I hope this is a cure!!!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Heather, make sure you also get tested for helicobacter pylori infection of the stomach. If it is SIBO causing your problems, then you also need to find out what's actually causing your SIBO. Lots of things can lead to SIBO, including helicobacter infection. Search the forum too, there are lots of discussions on this subject. Good luck with your treatment and please report back.
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Xifaxan does not work for sibo ask him to give you metronidazole it's also much cheaper.
Your doctor probably thinks it works because it cost 1000usd for 2 weeks and it's well marketed. i believed the hype and used for 3 weeks did not work.
It might work for you so try it if you want
Heather1223
Total Newbie

Post by Heather1223 »

halitosisux wrote:Heather, make sure you also get tested for helicobacter pylori infection of the stomach. If it is SIBO causing your problems, then you also need to find out what's actually causing your SIBO. Lots of things can lead to SIBO, including helicobacter infection. Search the forum too, there are lots of discussions on this subject. Good luck with your treatment and please report back.

I had the stool test for h pylori from my regular doctor and it came back negative, do you have any other ideas on what else i should be tested for? I was reading on alot of stuff about parasites but i'm not sure how realistic it is. I was also thinking about all the antibiotic use i had throughout my childhood and im thinking this could have wiped out alot of the good bacteria??
Heather1223
Total Newbie

Post by Heather1223 »

Atrial wrote:Xifaxan does not work for sibo ask him to give you metronidazole it's also much cheaper.
Your doctor probably thinks it works because it cost 1000usd for 2 weeks and it's well marketed. i believed the hype and used for 3 weeks did not work.
It might work for you so try it if you want

I was on a 7 day course of metrodonidazole for something last month and it did absolutely nothing, ive also been on augumention which did nothing also. Thats why i was hoping after this diagnosis xifaxan would help since my doctor said it targetd sibo. He told me that sibo could cause something like food to be sitting in your stomach for awhile not digesting correctly causing the bad breath and odor. Thats why after the course of antibotics he prescribed me something in liquid form that comes in a dropper that you take every night to flush all of this out, i forgot the name of it, i will check though. At this point i'm willing to try anything because i cant keep living like this :|
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

Heather do you have trouble in maintaining and gaining weight? Even I have loose stools and constipation all time. I had an endoscopy and doc said there is no sign of h pylori. May be we are lacking some digestive enzymes or our stomach is not acidic enough which results in stagnation of undigested food were the bbacteria grows.
Heather1223
Total Newbie

Post by Heather1223 »

sopo wrote:Heather do you have trouble in maintaining and gaining weight? Even I have loose stools and constipation all time. I had an endoscopy and doc said there is no sign of h pylori. May be we are lacking some digestive enzymes or our stomach is not acidic enough which results in stagnation of undigested food were the bbacteria grows.

I have been a steady 120 pounds for a few months and i do eat Alot, everyone always says that i never gain a pound and i really dont.. The only thing that gets big is my stomach and im guessing thats from the SIBO. I bought some digestive enzymes pills from Gmc and im going to see if it makes a difference.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Heather1223 I recommend Milk of Magnesia for the underarm sweating; it really works miracles with tackling the odour!
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
mytimesup
Total Newbie

Post by mytimesup »

Heather yup I think were in the same boat here. I was extatic when I tested positive for SIBO but to my horror no amount of anitbioitcs had any effect. I too started getting body odour on my back and head (no sweat thou). maybe next step would be a FODMAP diet or gastroparalis diagnosis to eliminate the bloating to see if it makes a difference.

Did you remember the name of the liquid droper you were perscribed, did it make a difference.
Heather1223
Total Newbie

Post by Heather1223 »

StillHoping wrote:Heather1223 I recommend Milk of Magnesia for the underarm sweating; it really works miracles with tackling the odour!
Thank you, did you just take it orally or did you actually apply it to your armpits?
Heather1223
Total Newbie

Post by Heather1223 »

mytimesup wrote:Heather yup I think were in the same boat here. I was extatic when I tested positive for SIBO but to my horror no amount of anitbioitcs had any effect. I too started getting body odour on my back and head (no sweat thou). maybe next step would be a FODMAP diet or gastroparalis diagnosis to eliminate the bloating to see if it makes a difference.

Did you remember the name of the liquid droper you were perscribed, did it make a difference.

I really hope the antibiotics will help me even though ive taken augumentin before and metrodonzale and neither did anything for me :(. I havent gotten the antibiotics from the pharmacy or the dropper yet because im still waiting on my insurance to approve it because its expensive but once i get it i will let you know the name.
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

Heather1223 wrote:
StillHoping wrote:Heather1223 I recommend Milk of Magnesia for the underarm sweating; it really works miracles with tackling the odour!
Thank you, did you just take it orally or did you actually apply it to your armpits?
yes apply a generous amount directly to your armpits.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic