Your Email Address:

First Name:

Getting My Tonsils/Adenoids Removed Tuesday 2-2-2016

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sun123

To FuckHalitosis

Post by sun123 »

To FuckHalitosis

Is your bad breath still cured?

Thanks

mary99
Total Newbie

What state are you in?

Post by mary99 »

FuckHalitosis wrote:
ttylxman wrote:Very interesting. Congratulations, man!

Seems like chronic type 1 halitosis is almost invariably caused by infections in root canals, tonsils or wisdom teeth pockets.

Definitely good places to start looking, even if there are no symptoms.

So just to confirm.. you couldn't smell your own breath, but how about the lick test? You mention a bad taste in your PND. If you don't clean out your mouth for extended periods of time, does your whole mouth begin to taste rancid?

And finally, your breath cleared up without any use of antibiotics? I thought these were standard after any oral surgeries.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully you will never have to suffer this problem again.
I could not smell my own breath. There may have been a few times in the shower when I smelled it but for the most part I could not. The lick test did not work for me either. The only time I can really fathom what my breath must have smelled like is when i smelled the tonsil stone that I coughed up. It smelled absolutely horrific. And I can imagine why women and even guys would smell that and run from me. I know if I smelled that coming out of a person I would get away from that person too.

I still get bad breath if I don't do my oral hygiene. Like if I go to bed without brushing and flossing I will wake up the next morning with bad breath. But its normal people bad breath. If I do my hygiene it will go away. Most true sufferers are like I used to be, there was no getting away from the halitosis. And if the hygiene was bad it would be even more severe. So I am not completely immune from bad breath. And I am still nervous so if I am going to do any social interaction best believe my oral hygiene is on point. And I still brush floss and rinse immediately after every meal when I am around other people. But now I feel as though I can manage my breath like a normal person. I even have an issue where i think there is something going on between two of my back teeth where I have a crown because when I floss there I can smell and odor. But it's manageable and I'll be getting that fixed soon.

One good thing I can say is that the halitosis did make me develop very good oral hygiene habits. They have served me well and I have a very nice set of teeth.

I never took any antibiotics. My general practitioner offered a course to me but I declined and asked for the referral. And my ENT never offered it to me before or after the surgery.

One thing I did notice since the surgery is that because my turbinates were reduced now when I sneeze stuff flies out of my nose. It's disgusting, but it's true. At first the stuff was kind of smelly. I gues the bacteria was still in the mucus. But now the mucus that flies out has no odor.

Hope that answers your questions. I will be around so if any of you have anymore questions for me please feel free to ask. I will provide any information that I can. I know we may have different causes for our problem. Some of our problems may be the same also. I am hoping that each of you finds your cure because I strongly empathize with the pain and isolation and feeling of helplessness. Never give up. I have known I had bad breath for over 20 years. And it got worse and worse over the years. But every time I found a potential new cause I did something about it. If you keep going you will find your cure.

P.S. I added a new thing to my oral hygiene since my surgery. I chew cloves. I am big into herbs and I have a bag of organic dried cloves. After I do my nightly oral hygiene I chew the cloves. You can google cloves. They disinfect your mouth and nasal area. It is an intense experience. But when you wake up in the morning you can tell the difference. Disinfects the teeth, gums and esophagus. I love it.

Hello. Congratulations on finding relief. I'm in the same boat as you were before your surgery. I am so depressed and I don't know what the cause is for my halitosis. I think I may have similar issues that u had. I have been to several ents and they don't seem to understand the issues. I'm wondering what state your in so I can get a consult with your doctor. I can not seem to find a doctor that actually knows or understands halitosis. Know of any doctors in California that actually get it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic