Your Email Address:

First Name:

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
drbella
Total Newbie

Post by drbella »

For years (7) I suffered from bad breath, nasal odor, post nasal drip, coated tongue and congestion. I tried everything to get rid of the fecal odor. No matter what I tried NOTHING worked. I had my tonsils removed because of stones. That had no effect on my breath. I got sinus surgery, stomach surgery for acid reflux still nothing worked. I’ve been to countless doctors I even went to a doctor in DC a couple months ago to get tongue rejuvenation. I thought if I had a professional tongue scraping what would help. Guess what?? nope still no relief. For 7 years I’ve been alone too embarrassed to face the world. Every holiday, every birthday I’m alone. The last straw of me trying to get to the bottom of what was causing my terrible fecal nasal odor was this last christmas when my mom mailed me a box of toiletries. The box included toothpaste, mouth wash and mints. Man I was crushed I guess that was her way of trying to help me without hurting my feelings.

I went back to the ENT of course the doctor looked up my nose with a camera and told me everything looked great. Even though my damn nose was smelling up the whole office. I asked the doctor to do a nasal culture and I wouldn’t take no for an answer. He agreed but said its probably a waste of time but he’ll do it anyway. I forgot to mention I went for a culture a month before on my left sinus drainage but the test came back normal. I did’t trust that test because my symptoms were so bad. This time I got my right sinus cultured because that was were the smell was coming from the most. One week later I got an alert to my phone from my quest app telling me the culture came back positive for Pseudomonas Fluorescens. I copied and pasted both of my results below. I got the bacteria from irrigating my sinuses with tap water. All of these years the reason why nothing was getting rid of the smell was because I was rinsing my nose with that bad water and I had no idea. The doctor put me on Cirpo for 20 days I just started taking the pills so I will let you guys know how I make out once I’m done. I haven’t noticed a change yet in my symptoms. If the pills don’t work I will send my samples to the phage therapy center since they specialize in drug resistant bacteria’s. If you maintain great hygiene but still can’t get rid of your nasal odor. Please get your sinus drainage cultured you may have a bacteria. PLEASE STOP RINSING YOUR NOSE WITH TAP WATER!!!

Right Sinus
CULTURE, NP/NASAL

CULTURE, NP/NASAL
TEST STATUS: FINAL
SPECIMEN SOURCE: NOSE
SPECIMEN QUALITY: ADEQUATE
RESULT: Moderate growth of Pseudomonas fluorescens-putida group
COMMENT: Skin flora also present.
Ps.fluor-putida
----------------
INT MIC
AMIKACIN S <=16