Your Email Address:

First Name:

May Have Discovered Cause - Any insight?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
johntaylorny

May Have Discovered Cause - Any insight?

Post by johntaylorny »

Suffering from bb since age 12. Nothing has worked except tongue scrapping and brutal tongue scrubbing.

I've been suffering from sore throats and throat infections as long as I can remember. Went to doctor today due to major sore throat. He did some poking around and he told me that my sinuses are not draining properly. He said that mucus is draining down my throat and getting 'stuck' an building up. He further said that the surface of my throat looks like "cobblestone" and is all rough, not smooth, from years of mucus build up. I've noticed this as I've gotten older that my throat in back is very jagged and looks like coral in the ocean. The doctor said it's one of the worst throats he has seen is so rough.

This got me thinking... could the roughness of my throat tissue be harboring bacteria? All those pockets and valleys in the skin. Mucus from my sinuses builds up on the surface of my throat, bacteria forms and is wedged deep down in that rough tissue?

After 45 years of dealing with this nightmare I may be on to something here.

And if this is the case how can I stop the poor sinus drainage and dripping into my throat?

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

One possibility might be stomach acid. Reflux or 'silent reflux' can affect the sinuses and other mucous membranes in the ways you have described. See what your doctor thinks
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic