Your Email Address:

First Name:

In the process of getting my adenoids removed

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
jess
Sheriff

In the process of getting my adenoids removed

Post by jess »

Hello everyone, I haven't been posting here regularly as I had been in the past, but I'm still pretty active in the MEBO secret group on FB. Anyway, I'm posting today to update you all. Ever since I read 9years's post about his cure from adenoid removal I was very interested in exploring that option even more as well.

Long story short, I was able to make an appointment with the ENT that did his procedure and yesterday (Friday Feb 19th) was my appointment with him. He was very nice and listened to me, and one of the exams he did was looking at the back of my nose/throat with a scope. And it shows that my adenoids are relatively large with some white stuff on them, the same white stuff that normally collect on people's tonsils that are tonsil stones. Also it shows some yellowish mucus collecting at the back of my throat.

So he agrees to remove the adenoids and someone from his office will be contacting me for more info regarding the surgery and to schedule a date for it.

Also he did recommend that I do all at once the stuff I was already doing (good oral hygiene, nasal wash, taking medication for acid reflux, probiotic supplement, etc) to fight the bad breath.

But the main thing is, like I said above, someone from his office will be contacting me regarding the procedure and I pray that this will be the cure for me.
I'll keep you all posted on everything and feel free to ask me any question.

Missi
Total Newbie

Post by Missi »

Good luck Jess !!
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

Good luck Jess! I hope this turns out to be your cure. Your profile says that you are from the East Coast. If I recall, that Doctor is in California. That's an expensive and time consuming trip. Just curious, is insurance going to cover the procedure? And is the Adenoidectomy all he is going to perform?

Good luck and please give updates.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Thank you both.
@ stinkbomb, I'm currently staying in California temporarily. So I was able to drive to Los Angeles to see the doctor. I have health insurance but the doctor is out of network so although they'll try the build my insurance I'm gonna most likely be paying a good amount out of pocket.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good luck Jess.
Do you discuss your BB with this doctor? If so, is he hopeful it will cure you?
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Thank you halitosisux. Yes I discussed the bad breath with him. He did give me hope that may solve the problem, but of course he did not say that he guaranteed it 100%.

And @ StinkBomb, I did tell him that although I had my tonsils removed since 2004, for him to please make sure to look carefully and to remove any tonsil tissue that may still be present. And he said he'll write down adenoidectomy/possible tonsillectomy.
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

someone from his office will be contacting me regarding the procedure and I pray that this will be the cure for me.
Hi Jess, did you ever schedule that Adenoidectomy? Another member (fuckHalitosis), had an adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy about a month ago. He just posted that he no longer has halitosis.
FuckHalitosis

Post by FuckHalitosis »

Good luck Jess. I think this will be your cure. Based on what you are saying your ENT saw and how honest and open you were with him it sounds good. I will be checking to see how everything goes for you.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

StinkBomb wrote:
someone from his office will be contacting me regarding the procedure and I pray that this will be the cure for me.
Hi Jess, did you ever schedule that Adenoidectomy? Another member (fuckHalitosis), had an adenoidectomy and tonsillectomy about a month ago. He just posted that he no longer has halitosis.
Wow that is great news, I'm so happy for him.

Here's an update, my surgery is scheduled for the end of this month. I'm currently in the process of getting all the pre-op testing done. One thing tho, this ENT Doctor is out of network with most/or all insurance, therefore I'm still not sure yet how much I'm gonna end up paying out of pocket. I should have the answer to that by next week.
But if everything goes well I'll have the surgery the end of this month.

@ FuckHalitosis, thank you very much. Reading your posts gives me even more hope. I'm praying this is it for me. I'm tired of living this nightmare. I've been suffering from this for 16 years now; I want my life back.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

I have my surgery scheduled for middle of April -adenoidectomy/possible tonsillectomy- (I already had my tonsils removed in 2004, but if there are some tonsil tissue the doctor will removed it). Looking forward to it. I'm praying it'll be my cure. Will continue to keep you all updated.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Hello everyone, just wanna let you know I had my surgery today (adenoidectomy). The doctor said there was a lot of greenish discharge that came out of the adenoids. And he thinks that's most likely what was causing the issue (chronic bad breath).

He gave me a prescription for pain med to take as needed, as well as a prescription for antibiotic to take for 1 week.

In terms of the procedure, it lasted about 45 minutes or so and then I stayed another hour in recovery, then I went home.

Btw, this doctor says that the previous doctor who did my tonsillectomy in 2004 did a good job, and so there was no tonsil tissue to remove again this time. So only the adenoids were removed today.

I'll continue to keep you posted on how things are going with me and whether or not this procedure is the cure for me. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have; I'll be happy to answer them.
guzler
Advanced

Post by guzler »

congratulation Jess , i hope this is your cure . are you still in los angeles if so let me know , im in LA also , thanks Jess
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

The doctor said there was a lot of greenish discharge that came out of the adenoids
Hi Jess,

This sounds very promising. Thanks for the update!
Corpsebreath
Advanced

Post by Corpsebreath »

Greenish discharge from your adenoids... Sounds like you had an infected thornwaldt's cyst imbedded in them. Same as 9years had.
Could you tell us a little about your symptoms? Did you have a bitter/sour/metallic taste, tongue coating or pnd? Thanks!
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Thank you both.
guzler wrote:are you still in los angeles if so let me know , im in LA also , thanks Jess
Yes I'm still here but I'll be leaving this morning. If you read this message soon enough and want to meet before I leave, I wouldn't mind. Let me know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic