Your Email Address:

First Name:

San Diego Support Group/ Testers

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
breathfree83
Total Newbie

San Diego Support Group/ Testers

Post by breathfree83 »

Hi Everyone,

I have been dealing with this issue ( or at least became aware of this issue) since I was in elementary school.

I Have tried many things but I think my main problem is feedback. I can never really say what is working or has worked because I don't have an outside perspective.

If there is anyone close by that would be willing to meet on a regular basis and give feedback please message me. I think that would be the best option. I was thinking at least a couple time a week.

A little background on what I have done ( with no real feedback)
Tonsils out
Adnoid out
Laser surgery
Hailimeter
Gum deep cleanings (at least 3)
Top wisdom teeth out
Used, therabreath, smartmouth, dioxicare, profresh, breezecare
Use tongue scraper and tung brush
Use Hydrofloss
ENT doctor- have allergis and silent reflux with no symptoms - take allergy pills and tried nexium
GI doctor-had sibo took xifaxin- have hiatal hernia no treatment given
Tested negative for h pylori but did the treatment anyway.
Diet isolations

Please let me know if you would be willing to help me and I would be more than happy to assess you as well.

Stopbreathing
Total Newbie

Post by Stopbreathing »

What area of san diego do you live in? There are a few sufferes all over san diego so im sure they would meet up
StinkBomb

Post by StinkBomb »

I Have tried many things but I think my main problem is feedback. I can never really say what is working or has worked because I don't have an outside perspective.
breathfree83,

I can't agree more! We really DO need some sort of accurate way to assess our breath. I have yet to find a reliable way (or product) to gauge my breath.

... and don't expect to find the answer by meeting up with people on this site. I recently met two others from this site and none of us could smell anything from each other. I'm not sure if I recall anyone EVER able to confirm bad breath by meeting others from this site.

The only solution I can think of would be to confront people as soon as they react. Unfortunately, that's easier said than done and you risk coming off like a crazy, paranoid, weirdo.
Justwannabnormal
Total Newbie

Post by Justwannabnormal »

I have a hiatal hernia too and the dr said that I wouldn't need treatment... Hhmmmm wonder if it has something to do with our bb ? Do you have bb from nose?
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

Justwannabnormal wrote:I have a hiatal hernia too and the dr said that I wouldn't need treatment... Hhmmmm wonder if it has something to do with our bb ? Do you have bb from nose?
iv been told when i was younger i had a hiatal hernia and said it wasnt to bad so i never got it removed.also have bb through nose so that would be crazy if thats the cause
Justwannabnormal
Total Newbie

My breath from my mouth smelled bad first then Years later my nose... But no meds for acid reflux would work ... Hmm I think you gave me good idea to where I should start looking
Justwannabnormal
Total Newbie

My breath from my mouth smelled bad first then Years later my nose... But no meds for acid reflux would work ... Hmm I think you gave me good idea to where I should start looking
badexhale

Post by badexhale »

Justwannabnormal wrote:My breath from my mouth smelled bad first then Years later my nose... But no meds for acid reflux would work ... Hmm I think you gave me good idea to where I should start looking
I think mine was like that even when I was a child so keep me updated on your progress with that.cause as bad as it is I'm almost certain it's from my stomach it could be the cause of my silent reflux and a chain reaction to my bb
steffna
Junior

Re:

Post by steffna »

Justwannabnormal wrote:I have a hiatal hernia too and the dr said that I wouldn't need treatment... Hhmmmm wonder if it has something to do with our bb ? Do you have bb from nose?
Hi, I also have a hiatal hernia and bb since childhood. I'm now 29 and still suffering. I was diagnosed with GERD as well ( no pylori ), but I have never ever had a burning sensation. The symptoms are mostly in my throat, with chronic lump that I swallow constantly, need to clear my voice from mucus, runny nose when eating, dirty tongue despite scraping the mucus, voice loss when talking more than usual. I am incredibly bloated, but my body is slim, I just have this Santa's belly. Breath is, as you may know, fecal and unbearable.
I have noticed many people have the same combination LPR+Hiatal hernia+lump+halitosis.
If this is mostly a mechanical problem, maybe we could get some relief ( chiropractor or kinesiologist ) by having adjustments on our sphincters ( lower but also upper ) and ileocecal valve? This vicious cycle may be triggered by valves not doing their job.
I wonder how this could be related to the gluey mucus in the back of my throat, but I know there's a connection somehow. Food not remaining where it should be, may have also brought bacterial infections in our GI tract, therefore our bloated bellies.
My question is: is the mechanical issue ( hernia ) causing BB to some of us, or the bacterial overgrowth caused by it? Or both?
I don't know what to fight, doctors were useless and uninformed, just gave me omeprazole for life, which is not helping of course.
One last thing: my father is 64 and has had BB his entire life, and we smell exactly the same. His may be worse sometimes because he has his red wine and a couple of cigarettes after lunch. Mine is less horryfing but still a handicap. You know what I am talking about so I won't go into detail on how it affected my life, finances, mental health.
Please any suggestion or sharing of your story/ideas is welcome. Thanks
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Re: San Diego Support Group/ Testers

Post by StillHoping »

whoaaa steffna your story is exactly the same as mine! Have you tried out Ranitidine? It can help with your hernia, also a GERD diet may help.
I can't believe it - you have exactly the same symptoms as me:
- 29 year old female
- GERD
- need to clear my voice from mucus
- runny nose when eating,
- coated tongue despite scraping
- voice loss when talking more than usual.
- incredibly bloated, but my body is slim,
- father is in his 60s and has always had bb since Ive known him [alot worse than mine]
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

[quote="StillHoping"]whoaaa steffna your story is exactly the same as mine! Have you tried out Ranitidine? It can help with your hernia, also a GERD diet may help.

Hi StillHoping, whoaa it's the first time I meet someone with my exact same story! Thanks for your suggestions :) I have never tried Zantac, only proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole, to no avail. I will ask my doctor about it. At the moment I am taking digestive enzymes before meals and limiting my intake of acidic foods, but I am not on a strict diet, really just following my judgement!
Has Ranitidine helped with your symptoms?
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

yes it has a little bit but I am still finding the diet challenging. My new years resolution is to be very strict with the diet, atleast for the entire month of January - soo I can determine if that may be the true cause of my bb. My brother says the diet has cured his bb
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
steffna
Junior

Post by steffna »

StillHoping wrote:yes it has a little bit but I am still finding the diet challenging. My new years resolution is to be very strict with the diet, atleast for the entire month of January - soo I can determine if that may be the true cause of my bb. My brother says the diet has cured his bb
I really wish you the best with your new year's resolution. I find the diet change very challenging too, it gets more challenging when I have to attend social events, dinners, or just hanging out with somebody. Let's keep in touch and see if something changes for good, maybe once established a balance we may enjoy good foods again but in moderation.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic