Your Email Address:

First Name:

tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy in 2 weeks

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
pinane
Total Newbie

tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy in 2 weeks

Post by pinane »

My BB started when I was like 12-13 years old, now I am 40. I was prescribed a lot of antibiotics when I was young. I cannot smell myself, the only time I can smell it is when I approach certain people (only certain people, not everyone), it seems like my breath was pushed back by their breath and all in a sudden I can smell it, it was really bad and smell like fecal and sewer, or sometimes burned rubber. Anyway the odor travels long distance, and I got reactions almost every time I speak to someone. I managed to maintain high grades as a student and traveled to US to pursue a Ph.D. My colleagues all know I have this problem but I was still respected by lot of them because I am willing to help them with all my knowledge and skills. In 2013, the odor became uncontrollable when I was on the job market. I was looking for a job and I was really stressful and stress actually made it worse. Interviews were nightmares. I can clearly saw their eyes turned green… One lady even insisted we had the interview outside the building instead of in her office. Of course I lost lots of opportunities and that was simply because I have bb. Anyway I got a job and made my mind to try my best to figure out what’s wrong with me and why I have bb. I am in the biomedical field and after research I think bb is just a symptom of diseases.
My symptoms: Chronic bb no matter what, 24 hours/day. Even right after I brush or even when I am eating. BB travels long distance 3-5 meters away people still have reactions. BB was like invisible mists around me and do not go away. BB was worse when I am stressful or really tired. 99% of the time I cannot smell myself. The weird thing is that my family can not smell it, but I know 100% it is there. My teeth were not in great condition but I have most of the cavities fixed. Have mouse ulcers about every two months. Occasionally I have tonsil stones (one or two every month) but I can definitely smell the stone’s odor and I can kind of predict when I have them (I can sense the smell a little bit when I try to sneeze). I am lactose intolerant but I gave up all dairy products long time ago. I have a hard time gaining weight (5’4”, 115lbs). When I was young I had asthma but I think I grow out of it. Sometimes I have tongue coating (slightly yellow) but can be removed by tongue scraper. Other than that I am healthy.
Things I have tried:
Hydrogen peroxide: oral rinse twice a day, no help.
All kinds of mouse wash including Chlorhexidine gluconate: no help.
Metronidazole rinse: rinse and drink, even sniff into my nasal cavities. It tastes really bad but no help.
Fluticasone propionate nasal spray: no help.
Went to dentist and have all cavities fixed, two root cannels and a crown, no periodontic problem. Still have bb.
Tried oil puff with coconut oil, mastic gum pill, and Grapefruit extract, teatree oil, and digest enzyme (beano), no help. Probiotics pills also no help.
Zinc, vitamin B did not help.
Tried nature-throid, lost 10 pounds in a month but not my bb.
Went to see a GP and have blood work done, everything normal, no H. Pylori (antibody test).
GP prescribed me with anti-depression drug (forgot the name) because I saw a post saying anti-depression drug helped with bb, but not in my case.
GP also prescribed triple therapy just in case I have H. Pylori and acid reflex. Also tried Prilosec with no help.
Waterpick and floss and nati-pot nasal wash, no help.
Went to see my first gastro doc but was told there is nothing he can do (doctors are not very familiar with this issue and most doctors are not willing to try new things they are not familiar).
Fecal transplant: this is gross I did this for about two weeks daily transplant but no help.
Sent my urea samples for TMAU test, negative for primary and secondary.
Went to see an ENT doc, was given Nystatin and some other anti-allergy product but no help. ENT doc also prescribed me with anti-fungi (fluconazole) but no help. ENT suggests having my tonsil and adenoids removed by surgery.
Had a CT scan on my head and throat area but came up clear. No infections.
Went to see another gastroenterologist and had an endoscopy done on my upper body, no major issues. Was given anti-acid but no help, BB is still there.

Next step I have scheduled to have my tonsil and adenoid removed by surgery in two weeks. I will keep everyone updated. If this does not help my next target will be the wisdom teeth, although I have no symptoms and the dentist said they were fine. And I am also thinking to have the second molar teeth removed (those are the teeth that caused a lot trouble when I was young), does anyone know any case that a whole mouth dental implants help to cure BB?

Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

Thanks for spending time to write about your experience.
Adenoctomy might work for you if not retake the tmau test you can have false negatives
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

@pinane your situation sounds very similar to mine - although I believe I can usually always smell my bb. May I ask what type of testing was done for the TMAU? Was this a blood or urine test? Thank you
Atrial wrote:Thanks for spending time to write about your experience.
Adenoctomy might work for you if not retake the tmau test you can have false negatives
Hi Atrial, can you please explain what you mean by false negatives? I am meeting with my doctor next week to setup testing for TMAU and want to make sure I have all the information before going. It would be great to know once and for all whether I have TMAU, - sounds very disheartening if the testing is not even reliable!?
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
Atrial
Advanced

Post by Atrial »

StillHoping wrote:@pinane your situation sounds very similar to mine - although I believe I can usually always smell my bb. May I ask what type of testing was done for the TMAU? Was this a blood or urine test? Thank you
Hi Atrial, can you please explain what you mean by false negatives? I am meeting with my doctor next week to setup testing for TMAU and want to make sure I have all the information before going. It would be great to know once and for all whether I have TMAU, - sounds very disheartening if the testing is not even reliable!?

In tmau test they test your urine tma levels

Above 10 tma in urine is positive

Some prople test few times until they get above 10 tma level which is positive test.
pinane
Total Newbie

Post by pinane »

I did the urine test. It was negative for TMAU1 and TMAU2.
StillHoping wrote:@pinane your situation sounds very similar to mine - although I believe I can usually always smell my bb. May I ask what type of testing was done for the TMAU? Was this a blood or urine test? Thank you
sopo
Advanced

Post by sopo »

My condition is similar to urs, bb started when I was 12 - 13 have 3 root canaled tooth( got it when I was young). Have hard time gaining weight 115 lbs currently, there was no change in my weight for about 7 years. Have normal sized tonsils but when I squeeze it I get white smelly puss...I cough out tonsil stones some times..I think it it's coming from my throat area...had several blood tests every thing is normal.. No sigh of h pylori.. CT scan shows deviated nasal septum doc said it cannot cause bb...have trouble in breathing through both nostrils...I cannot smell myself my mom some times comments on my bb...I get nose rubs and disgusting looks when I speak to someone
I tried some of the supplement s and methods u had mentioned but had no effect.
Right now I'm thinking I have low stomach acid ( did a baking soda test) this may be the reason I never get hungry and have difficulty in putting on weight...I have read low stomach acid leads to poor digestion which I turn causes undigested foods to ferment and lead to bb from stomach.
Please keep us updated about ur progress, ur posts will be helpfull to me since my condition is similar to urs.... Thank you
ttylxman

Post by ttylxman »

sopo wrote:My condition is similar to urs, bb started when I was 12 - 13 have 3 root canaled tooth( got it when I was young). Have hard time gaining weight 115 lbs currently, there was no change in my weight for about 7 years. Have normal sized tonsils but when I squeeze it I get white smelly puss...I cough out tonsil stones some times..I think it it's coming from my throat area...had several blood tests every thing is normal.. No sigh of h pylori.. CT scan shows deviated nasal septum doc said it cannot cause bb...have trouble in breathing through both nostrils...I cannot smell myself my mom some times comments on my bb...I get nose rubs and disgusting looks when I speak to someone
I tried some of the supplement s and methods u had mentioned but had no effect.
Right now I'm thinking I have low stomach acid ( did a baking soda test) this may be the reason I never get hungry and have difficulty in putting on weight...I have read low stomach acid leads to poor digestion which I turn causes undigested foods to ferment and lead to bb from stomach.
Please keep us updated about ur progress, ur posts will be helpfull to me since my condition is similar to urs.... Thank you
White pus when you squeeze your tonsils? That is NOT normal, in fact, that is a sign of an infection. Definitely get that taken care of with antibiotics and preferably a tonsillectomy & andoidectomy.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

@pinane

Any update? Your story is exactly like mine.
pinane
Total Newbie

Post by pinane »

Archimonde wrote:@pinane

Any update? Your story is exactly like mine.
One month after removing both Tonsils and adenoid, I have concluded that the procedure did not cure me. BB is as potent as before. Hope this helps.
bbshiat

Post by bbshiat »

15 years... my life is a nightmare :(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic