Your Email Address:

First Name:

I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Tell us your story with bad breath
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Re: I hope this helps. 99 Percent BB Free.

Post by JustHereToHelp »

I’m feeling left out of these conversation. 😀 No one replied to my most recent posts. I’m not sure if my thread is restricted?

It takes me a while to get to these messages and reply to any of them. I am not monitoring these conversations everyday or even every month. I responded(very late) to a bunch of messages sent to me over the last couple of years. I’m hoping that my thread will have a complete story in one conversation. The ups, the downs, the revelations. Here is what I am sure helps a lot:

Fasting - eat once/day
Not eating late - latest is 3hrs before bed
GERD Diet - low fat, no spice, no coffee…
I take digestive enzymes regularly.

Because I have so far been incapable of maintaining a perfect diet, I have for emergencies:
Anti-acid chewables
Fruit flavored Orbit gum (not mint)

I got a deep cleaning on my teeth and started using Baking Soda and Peroxide toothpaste. These both seem to help.

Tried Oral Thrush Lozenges. They didn’t help much.

I got bit by a tick a few months ago and went on Doxycycline for 28 days. I had previous lyme symptoms for years so coupled with that and the new bite they gave me the full cycle. Of course my BB was gone for most of that time. And, it did come back.

What helps the most are the 4 things I listed at the start of this post.

I hope this info is published to the page and I hope it helps someone.

Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

Did u eliminate carbohydrates in ur diet,and if u did eliminate sugar ,do u still eat fruits coz some people's BB gets triggered by even sugar frm fruits?
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Yes I have reduced my carbs. And I have much better results when I continue that. I very rarely eat pasta. Basically never. And I believe when I eat bread, even a multi-grain bread, it eventually adds to the BB struggle. I don’t eat rice that often but when I do I try to eat brown rice. Most likely I will go with Quinoa and I haven’t noticed a lot of issues with that.

The worst thing to eat for me is chocolate. The second worst is coffee. After that it’s just all the stuff on the GERD diet that I try to follow.

Fasting is absolutely necessary for me. My body needs the break I guess.

Since my last post I tried Zendium toothpaste, CloSys mouthwash, another oral probiotic and I tried Raymond’s breathing a lot more. None of these made a difference. I was eating poorly for a week or so and tried these during and right after that period. The only thing to bring me out of it was fasting and GERD diet.

If I am eating chocolate and drinking coffee, nothing helps me. There is no hope when I consume those two things, especially chocolate.

Added Grape seed extract again and I can’t tell if it’s helping but I am continuing with it anyway.

And yes, I eat bananas and blueberries, sometimes raspberries. And I haven’t noticed any issues with them. I have had bad results with apples and citrus so I avoid them.

Here is a short list of things I haven’t had any BB issues with:
Lentils
Vegetables
Potatoes
Celery
Black Beans
Oatmeal
Avocado
Almonds
Tofu
Egg WHITES
Bananas
Blue Berries

I wish there were more options but, these are the ones I haven’t noticed any problems with, so far recently.

I’ve been focusing on eliminating things like crackers, tomato sauce, and even meat. The best results I’ve had in a while was a few weeks(months?) ago when I just ate raw fruits and vegetables. I don’t remember if I posted on here about that?

I had another teeth cleaning since my last post and I believe it helped for a day or two.

Alka-Thyme mouth rinse helps some also.

And my dentist has cleared me to get an old root canal examined. It may be infected.

That’s all I have to report right now. I hope this helps. Let me know what is helping you. Thanks
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Worst breath wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:39 pm Did u eliminate carbohydrates in ur diet,and if u did eliminate sugar ,do u still eat fruits coz some people's BB gets triggered by even sugar frm fruits?
I replied to your question below. Sorry I don’t know if you would get my “reply” without me replying to your comment directly, using the quotations. I’m not sure how that works here on this site.
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

i started the diet 2 weeks ago,i have been eating clean these past days no carbs,oil,meat,dairy,bread,cofee etc,i try to keep it simple in what i eat until i see results than i wil start to add thing to see what triggers my b.b.i have only been eating grains nd not alots of vegetables bcz i haven't had time to go shop for them and i dnt want to eat the ones with sugar in them,i only had time to eat potatoes and spinach only in vegetables,what i found in this 2 weeks period is that my b.b is 10×times worse judging from people's reactions,i dnt knw myb the bacteria is trying to fight against the diet myb thats why its worse bt am nt giving up yet i will stil stick to the diet for myb 2/3 months nd see how it goes.i will try to eat more veggies,try celery juice,cabbage juice,probiotics nd see if i see any improvement,nd i have been eating white rice bcz brown rice here is expensive,guys how long does it take to see improvement is there anything am doing wrong?
nd_gillis

Post by nd_gillis »

I have the same exact thing happening, it seems like the cleaner I eat the worse it gets, not to mention the white tongue. It could be your body going through ketosis or Candida die off symptoms due to the change in diet. Has it gotten any better yet? How many days have you stuck up the diet?

Worst breath wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:07 pm i started the diet 2 weeks ago,i have been eating clean these past days no carbs,oil,meat,dairy,bread,cofee etc,i try to keep it simple in what i eat until i see results than i wil start to add thing to see what triggers my b.b.i have only been eating grains nd not alots of vegetables bcz i haven't had time to go shop for them and i dnt want to eat the ones with sugar in them,i only had time to eat potatoes and spinach only in vegetables,what i found in this 2 weeks period is that my b.b is 10×times worse judging from people's reactions,i dnt knw myb the bacteria is trying to fight against the diet myb thats why its worse bt am nt giving up yet i will stil stick to the diet for myb 2/3 months nd see how it goes.i will try to eat more veggies,try celery juice,cabbage juice,probiotics nd see if i see any improvement,nd i have been eating white rice bcz brown rice here is expensive,guys how long does it take to see improvement is there anything am doing wrong?
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

It’s SIBO. Veggies ferment in the gut, producing gas. Try eating only low fat meat (like roasted chicken breast) for 3-4 days and you’ll see results. Research the fast tract diet to be able to add more good aliments to your diet. The thing is, what’s generally perceived as ‘healthy’ isn’t healthy for us, at least for a while, because our guts need to heal properly.
miao
Total Newbie

Post by miao »

brushing teeth and flossing
drinking lots of water
clean tongue
all not enough for me
use salt water to gargle in the morning for 1-2 min (need to taste a bit salty, about 1/5 spoon with 2 mouthful of warm water, tolerable but not too salty)
this makes a big difference
please try this simple method and it really works (most bad breath are due to bacterial overgrowth inside the mouth, salt water can kill most of the bacterial without much side effects and very cheap, results comparable with chlorhexidine but much cheaper )
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Worst breath wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:07 pm i started the diet 2 weeks ago,i have been eating clean these past days no carbs,oil,meat,dairy,bread,cofee etc,i try to keep it simple in what i eat until i see results than i wil start to add thing to see what triggers my b.b.i have only been eating grains nd not alots of vegetables bcz i haven't had time to go shop for them and i dnt want to eat the ones with sugar in them,i only had time to eat potatoes and spinach only in vegetables,what i found in this 2 weeks period is that my b.b is 10×times worse judging from people's reactions,i dnt knw myb the bacteria is trying to fight against the diet myb thats why its worse bt am nt giving up yet i will stil stick to the diet for myb 2/3 months nd see how it goes.i will try to eat more veggies,try celery juice,cabbage juice,probiotics nd see if i see any improvement,nd i have been eating white rice bcz brown rice here is expensive,guys how long does it take to see improvement is there anything am doing wrong?
I do not have it figured out yet, but I have had some success. If you read all of my posts on this thread you’ll see my BB has changed as I’ve tried and learned different things, I found different things helped. Google Gerd diet. Low fat, high fiber, and many other specifics. I only know what does and doesn’t work for me. Again, here are the foods that I have not noticed any problems with:

Lentils
Vegetables
Potatoes
Celery
Black Beans
Oatmeal
Avocado
Almonds
Tofu
Egg WHITES
Bananas
Blue Berries

Here is what I do, when in your situation. I fast for 48 hrs. Just water. I then only eat 1 time/day. I do not eat a large meal and I stick to the list above or I at least follow the Gerd restrictions.

I have also experienced the period of time of worse BB when fasting but it is important for me to push through, especially in the beginning. For me it is important to make it the full 48 hrs to start the period of intermittent fasting that will follow.

In an attempt to follow the Gerd guideline of not eating too close to bedtime I shoot for eating my one and only meal at about 3pm.

I just read a post about getting a Bristle breath test to find the types of bacteria in my mouth. It seemed interesting. Didn’t seem like the experiment was finished but it seems promising.

I also think for me the OTC anti-acids are a big help. I started taking Prilosec again. Sometimes I take it. Sometimes I don’t. My goal, as I have said over and over on here, is to really do the clean eating thing, without one mess up. Until we do that perfect then I don’t think we are giving this thing a real chance. Good luck. Let us know how it goes. Especially let us know of your successes.
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

nd_gillis wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:50 am I have the same exact thing happening, it seems like the cleaner I eat the worse it gets, not to mention the white tongue. It could be your body going through ketosis or Candida die off symptoms due to the change in diet. Has it gotten any better yet? How many days have you stuck up the diet?

Please read my reply to the last person. Please do some experiments and when you have success, let us know. I have had the thoughts about my body going through some kind of dying off of the bacteria. I don’t know. Please Let us know if you find anyone else who has proven that. Do you have a thread I can check out with your full story of what works and what doesn’t for you?
Thanks
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Anne2323 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:40 am It’s SIBO. Veggies ferment in the gut, producing gas. Try eating only low fat meat (like roasted chicken breast) for 3-4 days and you’ll see results. Research the fast tract diet to be able to add more good aliments to your diet. The thing is, what’s generally perceived as ‘healthy’ isn’t healthy for us, at least for a while, because our guts need to heal properly.
I don’t understand how someone could just blurt out that it is SIBO. How do you know that? How is your success with battling BB? Please let us all know what is working for you. So do you just eat lean meat and you’re good? Do you have a bunch of info you have posted in one location on this website that would help us that I could read?
Thanks
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Janee25 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:08 am I experience exactly the same issue; in addition to the white tongue, it seems like the cleaner I eat, the worse it gets.
I’m not trying to sound like a jerk. I just want info so we can collect it all and get to a resolution. What do YOU mean by clean eating?

I have listed over the past couple years what I mean by that. And just to be clear and fast, the “cleanest” I can imagine with what we are trying to do is: eat basically only fruits and vegetables.

For me, the only fruits I know that aren’t a problem are: bananas and berries.

Vegetables can be cooked but only with olive oil or maybe coconut oil. But best if they are eaten raw also.

And most importantly: no eating 3 hrs before bed. no eating large meals, and only eat 1 time per day. no condiments. no sauces.

Have you tried this type of clean eating? This is what I mean when I say that.

Let us know what works for you.
Thanks
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

Eat 1 time a day? What do you mean by that?
JustHereToHelp
Junior

Post by JustHereToHelp »

Julián.free wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:38 pm Eat 1 time a day? What do you mean by that?
What that means, for me, is that when I am doing what works best for me, I eat 1 time, every 24 hrs. So I eat at 3pm Friday, and I do not eat again until 3pm on Saturday. When I do the initial 48hrs, then the “intermittent” fasting, eating 1 time, every 24hrs my BB basically goes away. Right now it is gone. 100%. But I also took Prilosec today so this is not perfect proof that the fasting works. I have done it a couple times(1-2 weeks at a time) over the last couple years and it works. Not an ideal longterm option but the fact that it works gives me hope. I’ve also found that when I do this for a week or so that I may then slip in food that does not fit into this model, and the BB does not come back right away. The problem is once I break that discipline I end up going off the rails for months and months, eating crappier and crappier. And then I am just maintaining with orbit gum and rolaids until I go back to the fasting. It’s the closest I’ve come to NO BB without a pill. If you read my whole story you will see that I had horrendous FECAL BB for years. The worst hell of a life. My BB is not gone but there are moments(days/weeks) when I ear right, that I forget that I have this problem.
Julián.free

Post by Julián.free »

I understand you friend, since I am currently going through the same thing. How long have you taken prisolec? Did the antacids take effect within a few days? Best regards (sorry for my inglish)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic