Your Email Address:

First Name:

Maybe healed, maybe improved. Maybe self deceived. For sure, I don't understand anything.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
telpar
Junior
Maybe healed, maybe improved. Maybe self deceived. For sure, I don't understand anything.

Post by telpar »

It is 10.54. I'm in office. I go to the bathroom. I pee. I open the tap, wet my hands. While I soap my hands I stick my tongue out and look in the mirror.
The tongue is pink.

I've never had a pink tongue.

Step back.
When I was a teenager, and my oral care was limited to brushing my teeth hastily, morning and evening, my tongue had a sheen so thick that it felt like wax to touch it. It was completely white, with yellow and green streaks. I knew and they told me I had bad breath. I didn't have the money to go to the dentist, I didn't work. I was ashamed to talk to my parents.
Then, as I grew up, thanks to the internet, I discovered that you had to floss, clean your tongue. I started working. I was able to go to the dentist, remove a wisdom tooth, have a hygiene session every 5 months. I consulted an ENT, an internal medicine doctor.
The usual things you all have done.
Over the years I have bought and purchased all kinds of mouthwash, toothbrush, tongue cleaner, toothpaste.
With good oral hygiene, my tongue had changed. Always white, but much less.

A few months ago, a significant change. I decided I would never use a mouthwash again. The useful ones cannot be used because they are real drugs, while the others give only a fake feeling of freshness.
I also stopped chewing gum.

Did this cure my bad breath? Obviously not.

A few weeks ago, I read Dr. Murat's website and each of his contributions to this forum very carefully.

As Dr. Murat suggests, I trashed my $ 150 electric toothbrush, and bought a manual toothbrush with medium / hard bristles (on his website you can see a photo of the kind he points to).
I also stopped scraping my tongue. Now I brush it.
I bought a trivial zinc-containing toothpaste.
I bought the tung gel.
That's all.

I used to take 30 minutes to brush my teeth. Now maximum 10. One minute for flossing, 4-5 minutes for teeth, 2-3 minutes for cleaning the tongue.

What has changed? That my tongue is now pink. Like I've never had it in my life.
I can speculate that the soft head of the electric toothbrush and the fact that I scraped my tongue instead of brushing it were due to imperfect oral hygiene.

Now my tongue is pink. It is the result that I have been chasing for years, and now I have achieved it.
Did this cure my bad breath? I do not think so. But I think not.
But something has certainly changed. Thing? I would very much like to know.
The taste in my mouth seems to have disappeared. Sometimes there is, but it is mild and above all DIFFERENT.
I can't explain how it is different. It is certainly less intense, and it goes away completely if I just put a gum in my mouth for 10 seconds and then spit it out.

The point is, after twenty years of bad breath, I think I can't rely on my feelings now.
I certainly developed halitophobia and who knows what other form of misperception.
I may have a fresh mouth, but I smell so bad and I don't know.
Maybe I cured intraoral bad breath, or decreased it, and the other taste I feel is from another type of bad breath. So type 1 bad breath didn't make me smell other bad breath types (maybe type 4?)
I mean, I can only speculate.

Not being able to have the slightest reliable perception of one's breath is the real big problem of our condition.
We would need continuous screening, before, during and after therapy, to see what works.
Maybe I'm healed, and I don't know. Or maybe it's all the same and I'm just fooling myself.

What do you think about this?

Ghana3

Re: Maybe healed, maybe improved. Maybe self deceived. For sure, I don't understand anything.

Post by Ghana3 »

I work in an office too, look like you dont really know if you made improvement with your breath; Non verbal reactions dont lie talk To a colleague face To face you will know if its present or gone.
meerkat
Total Newbie

Re: Maybe healed, maybe improved. Maybe self deceived. For sure, I don't understand anything.

Post by meerkat »

First of all congratulations on the success with your tongue. I've had a similar experience with the tung gel and brush, it really is quite effective.

I wouldn't necessarily ditch the electric toothbrush, most dentists will recommend using one. If you feel it's not shifting the plaque then try a toothpaste with baking soda, it's a bit more abrasive. Also I'd say be careful not to use a brush with too hard bristles, they've been shown in studies to cause receding gums. Medium bristles are fine.

It's hard to judge odor ourselves, I expect most of us have developed some degree of halitiphobia or even paranoia from the trauma of knowing you smell bad some times but not knowing when and not feeling able to control it.

I suppose we all know when things are OK because people around us act normal, at least for me it's pretty starkly obvious when there is a problem in the things people say and their behaviour. Bottomline if no-one is acting out or complaining then you're probably good.
StillHopeful
Total Newbie

Post by StillHopeful »

telpar wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am It is 10.54. I'm in office. I go to the bathroom. I pee. I open the tap, wet my hands. While I soap my hands I stick my tongue out and look in the mirror.
The tongue is pink.

Step back.
When I was a teenager, and my oral care was limited to brushing my teeth hastily, morning and evening, my tongue had a sheen so thick that it felt like wax to touch it. It was completely white, with yellow and green streaks. I knew and they told me I had bad breath. I didn't have the money to go to the dentist, I didn't work. I was ashamed to talk to my parents.
Then, as I grew up, thanks to the internet, I discovered that you had to floss, clean your tongue. I started working. I was able to go to the dentist, remove a wisdom tooth, have a hygiene session every 5 months. I consulted an ENT, an internal medicine doctor.
Over the years I have bought and purchased all kinds of mouthwash, toothbrush, tongue cleaner, toothpaste.

A few months ago, a significant change. I decided I would never use a mouthwash again. The useful ones cannot be used because they are real drugs, while the others give only a fake feeling of freshness.

A few weeks ago, I read Dr. Murat's website and each of his contributions to this forum very carefully.

As Dr. Murat suggests, I trashed my $ 150 electric toothbrush, and bought a manual toothbrush with medium / hard bristles (on his website you can see a photo of the kind he points to).
I bought the tung gel.
That's all.

I used to take 30 minutes to brush my teeth. Now maximum 10. One minute for flossing, 4-5 minutes for teeth, 2-3 minutes for cleaning the tongue.

What has changed? That my tongue is now pink. Like I've never had it in my life.
I can speculate that the soft head of the electric toothbrush and the fact that I scraped my tongue instead of brushing it were due to imperfect oral hygiene.

Now my tongue is pink. It is the result that I have been chasing for years, and now I have achieved it.
The taste in my mouth seems to have disappeared. Sometimes there is, but it is mild and above all DIFFERENT.
I can't explain how it is different. It is certainly less intense, and it goes away completely if I just put a gum in my mouth for 10 seconds and then spit it out.

The point is, after twenty years of bad breath, I think I can't rely on my feelings now.
I certainly developed halitophobia and who knows what other form of misperception.
Maybe I cured intraoral bad breath, or decreased it, and the other taste I feel is from another type of bad breath. So type 1 bad breath didn't make me smell other bad breath types (maybe type 4?)

Not being able to have the slightest reliable perception of one's breath is the real big problem of our condition.
We would need continuous screening, before, during and after therapy, to see what works.
Maybe I'm healed, and I don't know. Or maybe it's all the same and I'm just fooling myself.

What toothpaste do you use? I feel like the one I use doesn't do enough.
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

StillHopeful wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:37 am
telpar wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:07 am It is 10.54. I'm in office. I go to the bathroom. I pee. I open the tap, wet my hands. While I soap my hands I stick my tongue out and look in the mirror.
The tongue is pink.

Step back.

I bought the tung gel.
That's all.

What toothpaste do you use? I feel like the one I use doesn't do enough.
This one
https://www.forhans.it/dentifrici-medic ... s-special/

It contains zinc chlordie
telpar
Junior

Post by telpar »

An update.

The answer is no.
My bad breath is still there. A friend told me.
My tongue is more pink. Taste in my mouth seems to have decreased and many times I could say it has disappeared.

But for sure I'm not healed.
I would like to know if at least my bad breath is a little improved. But it's not possible.

I'm still convinced my halitosis is type 1. Maybe 1+2 ore 1+4. I don't know. But for sure I think it's also type 1.

Today is a bad day. I know you can understand what I mean.
But I feel I'm a bit more near the solution. A defeat is part of the process for the victory. So never give up!.
Beenhereforeva
Junior

Post by Beenhereforeva »

I know exactly how you feel and sympathize with your emotions. Today was a terrible day for me as well. I messed ip my low carb diet. I gave in and had mint chocolate chip ice cream thinking I’ve done so great and I deserved it. Well, the BB returned with a vengeance. I am so mad at myself because it took weeks to see improvement and felt amazing. It’s so hard to keep it up…. And I don’t know how long it will last. :(
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

telpar wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:22 pm An update.

The answer is no.
My bad breath is still there. A friend told me.
My tongue is more pink. Taste in my mouth seems to have decreased and many times I could say it has disappeared.

But for sure I'm not healed.
I would like to know if at least my bad breath is a little improved. But it's not possible.

I'm still convinced my halitosis is type 1. Maybe 1+2 ore 1+4. I don't know. But for sure I think it's also type 1.

Today is a bad day. I know you can understand what I mean.
But I feel I'm a bit more near the solution. A defeat is part of the process for the victory. So never give up!.

This is what I want to try more.
Whenever there is a "bad day" in the office, or in general, step out in the fresh air, and slow breathe in deep and breathe out. When you breathe in, push your belly out all the way, and when you breathe out, pull your belly all the way in.
Repeat this quite a few times to clear up your longs from the piled up Sh!!TTY gases, and also infuse your blood with more n more oxygen to kill the sh!t in the blood.
Use a tongue scraper and then brush your teeth, tongue etc to clean up the sh!t and freshen up the mouth.

The quest is to see if it's a quick remedy that could help turning the "bad day" into a lesser of a "bad day"?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic