Your Email Address:

First Name:

I finally found a cure after nearly 40 years

Tell us your story with bad breath
Josh
Total Newbie

I finally found a cure after nearly 40 years

Post by Josh »

I have suffered from terrible bad breath since I was around ten years old. I recall my best friend at school telling me my breath smelt awful and it made me want to die. Throughout my school years and my working years I became very introverted as I noticed that people would cover up their noses if I talked near them. I tried everything. I brushed my teeth more often than anyone I know (usually up to five or six times a day), I used mouthwash, dental floss, went to the dentist regularly but nothing helped. I looked on online forums for help but found nothing that was effective.

Then a few weeks ago, I decided to put some mouthwash into a little cup and left my toothbrush to soak in it overnight when I wasn't using it. When I subsequently the next morning brushed my teeth it felt and tasted much nicer and my mouth felt so much fresher. It has now been over four weeks since that day and I have carried on leaving my toothbrush to soak in the little cup (I rinse out the mouthwash from the cup and replace it every week to keep it fresh) whenever I am not using it and amazingly this simple trick appears to have worked. My mouth definitely feels so much cleaner and I have not noticed anyone, not a single person, move away from me or cover their nose when I speak. I have deliberately moved closer to them before I speak just to make sure it has worked and no one has retreated.

Please don't think there is no cure for bad breath. Just try this and see if it works for you. I really hope it does. I am just so happy and relieved after so many years.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: I finally found a cure after nearly 40 years

Post by Jimi Stein »

nice job...i guess you lowered the bacteria count on your brush and you were not adding those to your mouth flora so perhaps your mouth could ercover without the new bacteria added each day
This is me, Jimi Stein, I created this site in December 2005. Welcome.
Crazyred91

Post by Crazyred91 »

Hmm sounds so simple xD but happy for you!
What mouthwash did you use?
Josh
Total Newbie

Post by Josh »

The mouthwash is called Colgate Triple Action, though I suspect any common mouthwash would have worked the same way. Good luck.
juliang86

Post by juliang86 »

Hello, i think this is working for me! i am doing it and i wake up without build up in my tounge and without bad smell. I don't know for sure the intensity of my bb, but before this i would wake up with buiild up in my tounge and i could smell bad odor coming from my mouth.. now that i am leaving my toothbrush soaked in hydrogen peroxide and mouthwash, i wake up without buildup in my tounge and now i can't smell bad odor coming from my mouth.
Obviously i have a very good hygiene routine, but before i also had it and i could smell bad odor coming from my mouth when i woke up.
I am doing the same procedure with my bruxism mouth guard.
lanegro
Total Newbie

Post by lanegro »

Wow that’s great news I’m proud of you guys!
Xyzabc
Total Newbie

Post by Xyzabc »

This is great to hear guys.. but did you have bad smell coming from nose when you exhale? My nasal odour seems quite strong that it can be smelled by people even 6 feet away from me. Does anyone have this bad taste from their throat when they drink water? As in after drinking water, when you breathe out from nose.. there is a an extremely bad odour.. not sure if others have got this too
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

I’ve been doing this since I saw the post, it doesn’t work for me. I don’t have nasal odour. I tried with different mouthwashes, some from Colgate, some medical grade with chlorexhidine. I still do it, even if it doesn’t work, it feels more hygienic to do this.
Thiscantbelife

Post by Thiscantbelife »

Xyzabc wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:06 pm This is great to hear guys.. but did you have bad smell coming from nose when you exhale? My nasal odour seems quite strong that it can be smelled by people even 6 feet away from me. Does anyone have this bad taste from their throat when they drink water? As in after drinking water, when you breathe out from nose.. there is a an extremely bad odour.. not sure if others have got this too
Hey Xyzabc, Does your nasal breath get a little better after you eat??
Xyzabc
Total Newbie

Post by Xyzabc »

Thiscantbelife wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:14 pm
Xyzabc wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 5:06 pm This is great to hear guys.. but did you have bad smell coming from nose when you exhale? My nasal odour seems quite strong that it can be smelled by people even 6 feet away from me. Does anyone have this bad taste from their throat when they drink water? As in after drinking water, when you breathe out from nose.. there is a an extremely bad odour.. not sure if others have got this too
Hey Xyzabc, Does your nasal breath get a little better after you eat??
I guess it does for a very short period of time.. Right now I am at a vey delusional phase where I have started to doubt everything unfortunately. But yes, I would say very slight reduction in nasal BB.
Cres
Junior

Post by Cres »

That sounds awesome. I'll definitely try that starting tomorrow.
• Fecal halitosis since age 12
• TMAU negative
• Still looking for cure
• Feel free to contact me for anything
Worst breath
Junior

Post by Worst breath »

I hv the same problem as u,have u tried any sort of diet?
Xyzabc
Total Newbie

Post by Xyzabc »

No I have not stuck to any diet so far.. I somehow got lost trying to identify the real cause of this problem. At times I feel it is from my nose due to sinus, and other times I feel it is my throat.. have you managed yo find any success? Let me know.. would be helpful to exchange ideas
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

May be OP has a different kind or class of chronical halitosis but technically it won't work for our kind of BB.
We know that underlying cause sits somewhere else.

Excellent Oral hygiene provides some temporary relief to most of us but the explosive (and abnormal) growth of odorous bacteria on our dorsum and/or fumes of odorous gases coming out from our lungs and/or gut - just crush and rip thru this temporary cover up put in place by excellent oral hygiene, in a manner of minutes.

Anyway, great thought and perhaps it should be done by all of us to keep the tooth brush bacteria free. And glad that it worked for OP.
Anne2323
Junior

Post by Anne2323 »

I’m still doing it guys. It’s been a while (over a month) and my halitosis is definitely not cured. I suppose mine isn’t caused by oral issues. I noticed something though.

There is always a bottle of water on my nightstand when I go to sleep and I drink from it before sleeping, during the night if I wake up and first thing in the morning. Before putting my tongue scraper and toothbrush in mouthwash, a few hours after I drank from the bootle, it would smell either horrible like a fecal smell or somehow musty but still a bad smell. The smell would get worse if the bottle wasn’t used again. So like 3-4 days after I last drank from it, it would smell worse than the first day.

I’ve been keeping my bottles for days, they don’t smell anymore. Maybe a slight smell but on rare occasions.

I’m not sure if this method helped and I started wondering what else happened . Well, nothing changed in my diet or products. I might have not drunk so much water during the night but I’m planning on drinking more, waking up on purpose to test this theory.

I’ll keep you updated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic