Your Email Address:

First Name:

The most embarrassing encounter with bb

Tell us your story with bad breath
saveme

The most embarrassing encounter with bb

Post by saveme »

Hello I am relatively new to this forum so I decided to start this thread as a means of introducing myself and also to talk about our most embarrassing moments. For me,I'd many. The usual reaction that people give, like scrunching their nose by resting their hand on their nose and the more discreet ones will rub their nose occasionally. It annoys me as much as it may irritate them. I feel so hurt and worthless. There was once when I saw this guy I used to like. He came up to talk to me and I was replying with my mouth half-closed, it was obvious and I'm sure he must have known. In order to avoid conversation, I pretended to be fumbling with my bag but in the end, I couldn't get out of it. On good days, it is not obvious when I'm able to mask it up by taking a mint or two and drinking lots of water. But on bad days, it is really bad and I don't know how to seek relief from embarrassing situations where people come real close and I can't possibly step back as that will only increase my embarrassment. One of the worst moments I had was when I was in the lift and this family came in. The mom suddenly turned around and asked her family "Is it just me or is it something in here that smells?" I am almost sure she must have been referring to me and I honestly wished I could crawl into a hole and hide myself. You know that feeling when you see someone you know and you can't avoid them even if you want to? I met these people I know in the life and we were standing at such close range, I kept my fingers crossed that they wouldn't talk to me. But they did. I swear my bb was super bad that day as I was in a rush that morning so I didn't even have time to swallow a mint. I must have looked like a complete retard for I nodded my head and answered simple yes and nos. I didn't even dare to turn and look at the expressions on their face but I know it must have been horrid. I hate that feeling. I hate myself for that. I hate taking lifts now.

findacure
Master

Re: The most embarrassing encounter with bb

Post by findacure »

[quote="saveme"]Hello I am relatively new to this forum so I decided to start this thread as a means of introducing myself and also to talk about our most embarrassing moments. quote]

Welcome to the site, dont worry weve all been in those embarassing situations, you could just die. I have people literally holding thier nose while i spoke, wow is it really that bad!!!

we try every poisionous product on the market and nothing works, so were here trying to find cures or temporary relief until we find a cure.
bb_us_hope
Total Newbie

Don't feel bad. Remember, this is not your fault.

Post by bb_us_hope »

Try not to feel bad. You're not alone in this. All of us here experienced stories like these.

One day I was in the subway and met a guy I used to know. So we got in the same car and I had to make a conversation with him all the way through - about 40 minutes in a crowded subway car. You can guess how I felt afterwards.

I could be telling you stories like this one for another week.

Yeah, this desease is not for sissies.

I am glad I found this site. Before, I used to think I was a freak.
I mean, I don't anyone else who can stink up a room simply by speaking a a few words. Knowing that there are other people like me, does make me feel a lot better. Thanks, Jimi.

Hang in there. Some people do get better.
With some luck, we will too.
saveme

Post by saveme »

Thanks guys, I feel so much better from the day I found this site. Maybe its a sign, I hope it is and that someday, all of us will find the best cure. I've always felt 'dirty' in a way,keeping this 'dirty secret' about myself and I couldn't find anyone to relate to. I found it all here and am so glad that we can talk it through, being able to understand one another. I feel awkward and embarrassed by this problem such that I don't dare to open up to anyone, except here. I've tried tongue scrapers, floss and sprays but that's about it. The thought of stepping into a clinic and confiding in the dentist about this issue is a complete horror to me which I simply cannot bring myself to do. Anyone have any ideas how to approach and overcome this barrier?
iwillbecured

Post by iwillbecured »

Hey saveme. I had the same barrier as you when I first started having this problem. I had trouble talking to dentist or doctors about it as well. I know it is embarassing and hard to talk about a problem like this to anyone. But I thought isn't that what doctors do? They help patients and cure their problems, right? I am sure they encounter many patients with many symptons before. So you shouldn't be afraid to talk to your dentist and doctors about your bb.

I went to my dentist for my bb problem at first. Not just one dentist, I actually tried 3. I went in first to clean my teeth (I do that every 6 months). After that, I just tell my dentist that I've been having bb no matter how often I brush my teeth. Then my dentist did the deep cleaning procedure. Nothing helped. So I went to the next dentist, then the next dentist. Unfortunately, I realize the problem wasn't my teeth. But all the dentists I've been to were really nice. And they all tried to help me with my problem.

Then I went on to see internal medicine physician next. After that I saw a Gastroenterology doctor and an ENT doctor. I also saw an allergy doctor. Everytime I go to the doctor, they have been really helpful. Seemed like they want to help me solve my problem as much as I do. They never try to make me feel bad nor embarassed about my problem. The most difficult part for me was when doctors ask me to breath in your nose so they can smell my breath. I always apologize before I do that. All doctors always tell me, "Don't be sorry. It's ok. Let's solve this problem together."

So please please don't be afraid to talk about this with any doctors. You probably feel uncomfortable to talk about your bb with other people (I do, too), but please don't feel that way toward your doctors. It might not be easy to find good doctors right away (it took me a few tries to find these wonderful doctors I'm seeing right now). But trust me, doctors will not laugh at your bb, they won't make you feel bad nor embarassed. They will help you in some way or another. I urge you to see a doctor soon. ^^
saveme

Post by saveme »

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I've been away for about a week and although I don't really know you guys, all of you have been in my thoughts. Don't know about you but whenever I feel down or been through a tough and trying patch, I keep thinking I'm not alone and it feels better.
Busted
God

Post by Busted »

saveme wrote:I met these people I know in the life and we were standing at such close range, I kept my fingers crossed that they wouldn't talk to me. But they did. I swear my bb was super bad that day as I was in a rush that morning so I didn't even have time to swallow a mint. I must have looked like a complete retard for I nodded my head and answered simple yes and nos. I didn't even dare to turn and look at the expressions on their face but I know it must have been horrid. I hate that feeling. I hate myself for that. I hate taking lifts now.
It sucks. I don't think it could have gone any different. You ignore them and they'll think you're rude. You nod you head like you did and they'll think you're a weirdo. You answer with yes and no, and they'll think you're the person with one of the worst oral hygiene in the world. What can we do about it. Nothin, you just have to ask yourself which one of the three situations you don't hate so much.

Don't worry, saveme. Try to forget about all those bad memories and keep the good ones, if you have any. I know it's hard I think about the bad ones all the time and end up feeling like crap. But most of the things couldn't have gone any different, unless I didn't have this bb problem.
saveme

Post by saveme »

I just realised there is a spelling error in my first post, supposed to be lift not life. Nowadays, I cross my fingers every time I enter an elevator. Thanks busted, I agree with what you said. Not worth the while to remember all those unpleasant memories. Sometimes, I'm able to forget them but in times like this, I can't stop dwelling on why God created a minority of us this way. This is a test which I hope ends soon.

Happy new year to all of us =)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic