Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsills out and cured

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Larc400 wrote:Really? I'd compare tonsillectomy to a walk in the park. Eating ice cream for a week is hardly the end of the world :-({|=
But you mentioned having yours taken out long ago. Perhaps there is a huge difference between doing it at a later age? Circumcision hurts less when you're young too.... Ear piercing... I also can't t use your case as an example because anything could have happened from then to now. How many years has it been? Is it possible that flesh has grown back in the area and became cryptic again?

Everytime I squeeze my throat I taste this tonsil stone flavored mucous, I try to suck it up and spit it, but it will not go away. I think it is the flesh of my tonsils. Everytime I eat, I know it gets worse. I think the tiniest bit of acid reflux invigorates the bacteria in that area. Or it could be simple swallowing of food activates all the crap in the tonsils.(sorry to be graphic) ok I'm getting these things out. No more contemplating. Just need to find a doc I trust.

My breath may still stink after a surgery, but at least it won't be trapped in that area where it can concentrate and be deadly. I know for a fact that it has been getting worse at the tonsil area this week after eating candy. This is fact. I ate candy just to see how it would affect how my tonsils reacted, and they passed the test with flying colors.... even though I'm also drinking Kefir and 2 other types of probiotic yogurts. That stuff might be good for the gut, but it can't do anything for cryptic tonsils.

Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I absolutely advice anyone who suspects the tonsils to take them out. If nothing else, it's one less place for bac to hide. The site where my tonsils used to be is smooth.

Regarding reflux, there might be something in this. I realise now that me waking up with acute nausea in the middle of the night must be reflux (even though the gastro docs have not found anything wrong with the esophagus sphincter). I've elevated the head of the bed and will report back on any improvements [-o<
spygirl
Junior

Post by spygirl »

Eliot. I am trying to slowly get back to normal life and I think it may be possible in the long run. When I went to Cle de Peau counter to replenish my powder, the new SA did not manifest any nose-scratching when we speak for 15 minutes, not until she tried the new foundation on me without me speaking. I was thinking that maybe these are well-trained SA's. But same thing happens when I go around. When I do not speak at all, I notice that most people nearby and those passing by cover their nosetrils with one finger. For some weird reason, I think I stink more when I am stressed out like in train-situations. I don't see any reactions when I take MRT during rush hour for 20-30minutes until that one person from the corner of my eye scratches something on his face. I'd panic, then that's the start of the show. BTW, I had my tonsils taken out on 29 January 2008.

Stridinglady, I am so very happy for you.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

I'm not doubting the fact that you stink, but I can calm you a bit by saying that the average person touches their nose circa 200 times a day, and it has nothing to do with a stench surrounding them.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Larc400 wrote:I'm not doubting the fact that you stink, but I can calm you a bit by saying that the average person touches their nose circa 200 times a day, and it has nothing to do with a stench surrounding them.
That's true, people on live tv shows often touch their nose for no apparent reason.
sharmayne
Total Newbie

No change here

Post by sharmayne »

I had my tonsils out in 2000 I thought I'd be cured too. No such luck sh-- breath is still here and so am I. What a way to live.
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Larc400 wrote:Really? I'd compare tonsillectomy to a walk in the park. Eating ice cream for a week is hardly the end of the world :-({|=
OMG larc are you serious?...........it was the most painful thing i have ever had in my entire life - i was off work for a week, lst around 2 stone and was severly ill for ages...............im only now back to normal and i had mine on the 19th feb!

in saying that it was worth it!

thank you spygirl x
Maria

Post by Maria »

I asked my family physician for referal to an ENT for tonsillectomy due to tonsil stone and problems that they cause,but he resist at the beginig and beleive at my age (mid 30s) it will cause heavy bleeding,and healing process is slow and dangerous.I convinced him and next week I'm going to see an ENT Dr.I hope he agree to remove them.Here they don't have lazer technology yet according to family physician.
I just dont know how to convince ENT Dr. :-k 8-[
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I have a consultation Monday at 8:00 AM for tonsillectomy!
cat

Post by cat »

enigma wrote:Sweets07 really wish you hadn't said that now lol! Can anyone recommend any probiotic products? I'm eating Activia yoghurts, but maybe I could buy some capsules from a health store or something?
And about the tonsillectomy, I'm working tomorrow after a fortnight off, my mouth has almost healed, it hurts slightly when I yawn and I can't open it fully but be warned the procedure will totally dehabilitate you for a week and the inside of your mouth will look like a severed arm. It is worth it though (So far)

Thanks, probiotic products please?
i'd like to know about the probiotic products you (and others) take too... been hearin a lot of positive things about them on this site, and it can't hurt to give them a shot!
stridinglady

Post by stridinglady »

Hi there,

I use multibionta pro-biotics everyday, you get them in tesco in the UK.

xx
Bloorain
Advanced

Post by Bloorain »

stridinglady are you still having success after having this procedure done.

I am truly thinking about doing the same thing. I have had it with this problem and I feel what else have I got to lose. This is the only route I have not gone yet.

My problem is I never see any tonsil stones (I don't even really know what they are) and when I look in the back of my mouth its hard to tell. I have gone to an ENT and they say they see nothing. I know there is a strong fecal smell that comes from the back near my throat area - I dont know what else it could be.

But the strange thing is the smell that people smell isn't so much fecal but a really strong stinky feet moth ball kind of odor that fills up a room when I talk.

Anyways, Instead of going to my same ENT I plan to scope out a new one and just lie and say I've had problems and see where the convers. goes from there.

The benadryl still seems to help the nose odor though but now it seems stronger coming from my mouth. just crazy... :(
jane
Post by jane »

i need to know what EXACTLY to say to the ENT. this needs to happen. soon. before i beacome a hobo with CH. ive realized that i at this point i cant just suck it up and go about my life like i used to. im all freaked out now and no matter how much i try, i cant seem to exhale normally.

the doc is gonna wonder why i never complained to anyone a/b my tonsils before. and dont they have ways of finding out if your tonsils are in fact problematic? think i can just tell them whats really going on? that my tonsil crypts are abnormally deep and ive been suffering with recurring stones and its affecting my quality of life??
mizz123
Junior

Post by mizz123 »

enigma, how old are you? And please keep us informed of your progress.
DRASTIC
Sheriff

Post by DRASTIC »

enigma, please let us know of your progress.

D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic