Your Email Address:

First Name:

hiatal hernia as a reason for the fecal breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

jc wrote:another option is to change the position of the bed so that the acid won`t come up while I sleep.
When acid comes up when you sleep, how do you notice this? What does it feel like etc?

I often wake up feeling like I'm gonna throw up. If I immediately sit up it disappears. I get no acidic taste or anything though, so I'm not sure what the cause is. And I've had gastroscopy and they found no hernia or anything #-o

jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Larc400 wrote:
jc wrote:another option is to change the position of the bed so that the acid won`t come up while I sleep.
When acid comes up when you sleep, how do you notice this? What does it feel like etc?

I often wake up feeling like I'm gonna throw up. If I immediately sit up it disappears. I get no acidic taste or anything though, so I'm not sure what the cause is. And I've had gastroscopy and they found no hernia or anything #-o
I actually don`t feel anything but some of my doctors insists that I have an acid reflux problem especially at night. I have a hiatal hernia though but I didn`t want to undergo surgery so they offered alternative solutions that they say could help.
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

Bloorain wrote: He mentioned something interesting though. He said probiotics on there own don't work for a lot of people especially people with halitosis problems and other digestive issues. He said something about combining them with prebiotics or taking prebiotics first. (This helps them do what they're suppose to do.) I'm just so exhausted and tired of running around to doctors and trying this and trying that -- its so hopeless -- everything that man said went thru one ear and out the other.
Bloorain, I think prebiotics are food for these friendly bacterias.It`s suppose to nourish them & make the probiotic strain live longer.
baguio
Advanced

Post by baguio »

How do they diagnose HH?
jc
Sheriff

Post by jc »

baguio wrote:How do they diagnose HH?
have to go through endoscopy. If they see the esophageal valve open or some part of the esophageus that`s wider than the usual then you have hh.
Maria

Post by Maria »

maria, have you ever done a halimeter or oral chroma test, and what was the score? the stomach is not producing vsc's so if you have a high score on the halimeter or oral chroma, it is coming from your mouth.[/quote]

Yes,I went thru all halitosis tests and I cant remeber the scale for halitometer but ,I know it was close to the highest stage (lets say 3.5 out of 4) and saliva ph was 12 or 13(very basic) which suposeed to be 6.5.
now I check PH once in a while my self and its always lower than 8.

you are right stomach dose not produce VSC's but HH which is due to bigger than normal open in diaphragm will cause part of stomach bump up to chest cavety above diaphgragm(depend on how big is the hole the size of stomach get to upper chest will differ) so while the pilory sphangter of esophegos is loose acid will come up to esophegos where the inner layer is not covered with some antiacid mocous and will damage esophegose(sore and in long term ulcer then later, cancer) and this damaged esophegose causes the smell.

surgery is an option to get HH fixed but with very high risk of failure and getting to worst shape of it because what they will do is to pull down the stomach and kind of twist it or tied it around itself so that make it bigger than that hole but they cant sew the diphragm ,due its tissue .

these are all according to tests and doctors so far had check me.but my feeling says its from mouth.because there had been moments that i didn't have this funky taste in my mouth and didnt smell the ododr and ppl around me didnt show any reation or step back or cover their nose,but it wont last more than 10 mins.what i notice is after eating it get worse even though I brush immediately ](*,)
BTW i lifted my bed 15 cm 4 months ago and it realy helps the heart burning during the night but leaves me tired(specialy my legs) even after a goo sleep.
what I believe is we should not be convinced with results of one doctor we shld go for second even third opinion.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Hi Maria,

so your saliva pH has become *more* acidic after you started taking the antacids (Nexus)? I also have a very basic saliva so am interested in getting it down...

Has the treatment helped your bb or not really? I can't see a straight answer 8)

How would you describe your bb? I guess a destroyed esophagus would give off a specific stench..?

How does the heartburn at night feel? I wake up feeling sick (if I lie on my left side or on my back), guess it could be stomach content coming up. Does this happen to you?

Thanx! =D>
john
Junior

Post by john »

maria, if your score was high on a halimeter machine than the odor is almost 100% coming from your mouth.

maybe you should do a test with an oral chroma so they can detect wich gases are involved and the amount of gases.

hydrogen sulfide(rotten eggs) and methylmerceptan(feaces) are most found in people with BB.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Hello ever body,
I had been away for long time since I was very down and still am but there is some good news recently that thought to share with you.
Please check the following link.there is a new procedure to fix acid reflux and says 85% of patients feel they never had this problem.
if any one can afford it I think it worth . just try!

http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:s11 ... cd=1&gl=us
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Maria wrote:Hello ever body,
I had been away for long time since I was very down and still am but there is some good news recently that thought to share with you.
Please check the following link.there is a new procedure to fix acid reflux and says 85% of patients feel they never had this problem.
if any one can afford it I think it worth . just try!

http://74.125.95.104/search?q=cache:s11 ... cd=1&gl=us
Thanks for posting this. 85% is pretty good. I wish the article explained the possible complications though.
Maria

Post by Maria »

Thanks for posting this. 85% is pretty good. I wish the article explained the possible complications though.

If you check "Reston center hospital " in virginia where this procedure conducted you will find more.
blessedrich
Re: hiatal hernia as a reason for the fecal breath

Post by blessedrich »

I will want to ask people who have been diagnosed with hiatal hernia if they have any sleep problems and how long does it last?

My doctor told me years back after an endoscope that my LES does not stay closed so I asked him about it in my last visit and he looked said that I see that i have a little hiatal hernia also.

On of the symptoms is that I wake up at night when I move in my sleep and lay on my back. Then sometimes i feel some sensation in my guts. I just read somebody describe it as feeling like you want to throw up. It kind of feels like that. When I try to sleep and I am about to fall asleep it happens again and wakes me up. Normally I am able to fall asleep after drinking water.

Does anyone have similar symptoms?
blessedrich
Re:

Post by blessedrich »

john wrote:maria, if your score was high on a halimeter machine than the odor is almost 100% coming from your mouth.

maybe you should do a test with an oral chroma so they can detect wich gases are involved and the amount of gases.

hydrogen sulfide(rotten eggs) and methylmerceptan(feaces) are most found in people with BB.

I believe gasses from the stomach can result in odor originating from the mouth as well. Because when the PH of the mouth is out of balance because of the gasses from the stomach your mouth will become a breading grounds for bad bacteria. They will find their place in your gums and teeth and you will develop gum disease. Same thing can happen in your nose and throat as well bacteria will grow in your mucus because of the PH balance in those areas.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3916685/
http://www.colgate.com/en/us/oc/oral-he ... tal-health
crazy4it
Advanced

Post by crazy4it »

How does hiatel hernia cause bb I would assume it's either bacteria fungus or rotting food and also my mom has hiatelier hernia and no bb.
blessedrich

Post by blessedrich »

crazy4it wrote:How does hiatal hernia cause bb I would assume it's either bacteria fungus or rotting food and also my mom has hiatelier hernia and no bb.
In soo many ways!! People with this may have acid reflux because hiatal hernia almost always goes hand in hand with weak LES and that alone can lead to hunger breath constantly. The stomach is a very stinky place on its own. Plus acids from from you stomach will burn your esophagus which will also produce odour.

Also you will be constantly be battling with bacteria in your mouth and sinuses because the PH in that area is altered which makes them a safe haven for bacteria and fungus. So after you brush your teeth and the area is clean for a few mins. Acid will make bacteria grow fast over there after you brush. That is why people with Acid reflux are likely to have gum disease. If you don't stop this no matter how hard you fight your oral problems they will reoccure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic